• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Monster Smash 2024 Reviews starting with post #32

Tatuaje Pudgy Monsters, The Frank…

Appearance:
Perfectly applied olive green label, no excess glue or misalignment. I believe a triple cap on this one, with no issues cutting with a Palio guillotine cutter. The wrapper is dark brown, toothy, with some thick veins. It also has a stretched appearance to it, is the best way I can describe it. The cigar is a 5 5/8 long, 49 ring gauge with a slight box press. Overall, nothing special about the looks of this stick.
IMG_0996.jpeg

Flavor:
Surprisingly strong pepper in the first 1/2” or so before it subsided. A unique cotton candy like sweetness on every puff, especially after a retro. I also got a little creamed coffee and a parched sensation of leather. The flavors are super smooth with nothing standing out, perhaps due to the age. Overall, a pleasant tasting stick.
IMG_0997.jpeg

Construction:
Firmer draw than what I prefer, but not an issue. It started off a little wavey, but self corrected. Maybe due to the heavy veins or my lighting technique. Not a ton of smoke production, and the ash was strange. The first inch or so was dark, like it was charred, then all of a sudden turned white. It also had a gap in the center after the first inch that lasted about another inch. The smoke production became more abundant after that, but I would say about or slightly below average. The ash held strong only falling upon me tapping it. Overall, the construction wasn’t great, but acceptable, requiring no touch ups.
IMG_0998.jpeg

Final Thoughts:
I enjoyed the sweetness from this cigar. Didn’t blow my socks off by any means, but I wouldn’t turn another one down, nor would I seek out a box if they were available. Glad I had the opportunity to smoke it.
IMG_1001.jpeg

Tatuaje Monster Smash, The Frank…

Appearance:
Just a bit of a different band on this one vs the Pudgy version. Looks like the font of the lettering is a tad more robust on the Monster Smash version. Also, the wrapper is still dark brown, but considerably lighter than the Pudgy. This wrapper is smooth without any tooth like the Pudgy had. Less prominent veins. I will say this stick is a little sloppy. The band is not on perfectly, and the foot cut is not clean. I haven’t seen many sticks like this, looks like the filler is protruding past the wrapper and binder about 1/8” in a rounded shape. Just a slight squeeze of glue on one edge of the band. The size is the same for all Monster Smash sticks this year at 5 ¼ x 52 box-pressed. Overall, just an average looking stick with a miss cut foot.
IMG_1002.jpeg

IMG_1003.jpeg

Flavor:
Right away, a strong pepper blast, but shockingly not as strong as the Pudgy. I’m getting a woody sweetness, nothing like the cotton candy I got from the Pudgy. I get the leather and slightly parched sensation with this one too. This stick is not as smooth and a woody flavor stands out to me over the sweetness unlike the Pudgy. The pepper calmed down after a 1/2” or so. The finish is earth, and not to my liking. I get an occasional salty flavor as well. Something about the flavor seems artificial or chemically, even a menthol type flavor/sensation on the finish. Overall, okay flavor, but not loving it.
IMG_1005.jpeg

Construction:
This stick burned evenly, requiring no attention. The draw was slightly firm, but pretty close to perfect for me. Smoke production was great. The ash was a nice white color, but definitely did not hold on like the Pudgy. I didn’t learn from my mistakes, and dropped the ash on my lap 3 times…
IMG_1006.jpeg

Final Thoughts:
This stick is mediocre, average in my opinion. I’m hoping the next Monster cigar from both the Pudgy and Smash series deliver better results. I would choose so many other cigars over this one, that I likely wouldn’t find any in my stash down the road. I prefer the Pudgy version over the Smash.
IMG_1007.jpeg

Tatuaje Monster Smash, The Frank…

Appearance:
Just a bit of a different band on this one vs the Pudgy version. Looks like the font of the lettering is a tad more robust on the Monster Smash version. Also, the wrapper is still dark brown, but considerably lighter than the Pudgy. This wrapper is smooth without any tooth like the Pudgy had. Less prominent veins. I will say this stick is a little sloppy. The band is not on perfectly, and the foot cut is not clean. I haven’t seen many sticks like this, looks like the filler is protruding past the wrapper and binder about 1/8” in a rounded shape. Just a slight squeeze of glue on one edge of the band. The size is the same for all Monster Smash sticks this year at 5 ¼ x 52 box-pressed. Overall, just an average looking stick with a miss cut foot.
IMG_1002.jpeg

IMG_1003.jpeg

Flavor:
Right away, a strong pepper blast, but shockingly not as strong as the Pudgy. I’m getting a woody sweetness, nothing like the cotton candy I got from the Pudgy. I get the leather and slightly parched sensation with this one too. This stick is not as smooth and a woody flavor stands out to me over the sweetness unlike the Pudgy. The pepper calmed down after a 1/2” or so. The finish is earth, and not to my liking. I get an occasional salty flavor as well. Something about the flavor seems artificial or chemically, even a menthol type flavor/sensation on the finish. Overall, okay flavor, but not loving it.
IMG_1005.jpeg

Construction:
This stick burned evenly, requiring no attention. The draw was slightly firm, but pretty close to perfect for me. Smoke production was great. The ash was a nice white color, but definitely did not hold on like the Pudgy. I didn’t learn from my mistakes, and dropped the ash on my lap 3 times…
IMG_1006.jpeg

Final Thoughts:
This stick is mediocre, average in my opinion. I’m hoping the next Monster cigar from both the Pudgy and Smash series deliver better results. I would choose so many other cigars over this one, that I likely wouldn’t find any in my stash down the road. I prefer the Pudgy version over the Smash.
IMG_1007.jpeg
Now that's a review. Hey CP, I know a lot of you have bought and started smoking the Monster Smash. I invite you to post your thoughts on any of the sticks from that box on this thread.

Face 10/7/24
5.25 X 52
Dry draw: leather, cedar, pleasant, earth 650
Good smoke, cocoa or coffee, nice retro, woody, hitting the spot, feels like I should be at a cabin in the woods, barely get some pepper, might have a nuttiness, ash and burn have been spot on
Overall: Obviously, I didn’t write a lot, but it was an enjoyable smoke. It would probably be a good morning stick.
Score: 88 which means I'd be happy with a fiver anytime.
20241007_190603.jpg

Last edited:
Tatuaje 2024 Monster Smash the Drac

Appearance:
Like the entire Smash series, 5.25 X 52 box pressed. Smooth, slightly oily darkish brown wrapper. Like the Frank, this cigar seems a bit sloppy. Glue is squished out from above and below the back of the band. Also, looks like the wrapper was damaged and the band placed over the top of a little bit of the wrapper being peeled back. Just a tiny crack on the foot. I can see veins, but don’t necessarily feel all of them.
IMG_1022.jpeg
IMG_1023.jpeg
IMG_1024.jpeg
IMG_1025.jpeg

Flavor:
This stick started off with a strong blast of pepper, but quickly calmed down. The retrohale still left my nostrils a bit irritated 1/3 way through the cigar. I’m getting a creamed unsweetened tea, earth, and the finish leaves my mouth feeling like I bit a grape seed. As I continue to get past the 1/2 way point, I start to get a slightly sweet citrus taste mixed with charred wood. I would even say a got a little pine needle taste. The final 1/3 was bitter.
IMG_1026.jpeg

Construction:
Good draw, plenty of smoke production. Burned unevenly 2/3 of the way until I had to touch it up, but only once. Beautiful firm white ash. No mess on my lap! Thin burn line with the oils shimmering just above. I was able to free the band without damaging the wrapper.
IMG_1027.jpeg
IMG_1028.jpeg

Final Thoughts:
Overall the cigar was a solid performer, but the burn and flavor got less enjoyable towards the very end. I would normally smoke it a little further than when I put this one down. Looking forward to smoking the Pudgy version next.
IMG_1029.jpeg

Wolf (Ecuadorian Sumatra Wrapper)
5.25 X 52

Initial dry draw reminded me of a ranch or farm. During the smoke I didn’t get any of this.

Mild sweetness, plenty of smoke, nice initial ash, spice and citrus, nice retrohale of white pepper, interesting taste, molasses, I feel my taste is all over the place, spicy woody sweetness (figure that one out), with a slight citrusy undertone. I wouldn't want to smoke this everyday, but once every month or two would be nice.

Score: 89.

20241010_184606.jpg20241010_192323.jpg

Last edited:
Let's Go @JoeMO !!! Start smokin' and bloggin'... I'm anxious to see the best one in there... The "Michael" reviewed. The name alone tells us all it's got to be excellent.