• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Possible DC herf?

If one of you guys has a helicopter, then we could do both VA and Ballmer. Any one going to step up? Being the leader that I am, I'll offer the back of my truck, my 'copter happens to be on loan to Obama.

Is there somewhere on the west side of the beltway or I-270 corridor that we could host it? I know there are a few Davidus Cigar shops in that area, but I don't think they could accommodate more than 10 people.

Is there somewhere on the west side of the beltway or I-270 corridor that we could host it? I know there are a few Davidus Cigar shops in that area, but I don't think they could accommodate more than 10 people.

I personally refuse to go to Davidus Cigar shops. Let me tell you why, went to one yesterday just to see their opus and Funte collection. everyone of the sticks they had were $20 plus, one that i remember on top of my head is the shark being $21.94. They had everything, as far as the season sampler, the opus tins, etc. I asked the guy if they were an authorized dealer, he said yes. Then I proceeded to tell him, those prices are too high for an authorized dealer, the manufacture wouldn't be too happy to see him raising their product almost double. At that point I told myself I wont be going back to that cigar franchises.

David

Interesting. I haven't even priced their rare fuente stuff. However, they DO like to act all top secret when I ask about about them. The Ellicott City location is quite convenient for me for a lounge to go and smoke. I wish the other two B&Ms were closer.

I spoke with Sawsan at The Cigar Palace today. She said that we could do it there for free if we want it. They can accommodate 30 with out a problem... Just a thought, but it is 3 minutes off the beltway in Alexandria. And they have good prices as well as discounts.

((((sniff sniff)))))

Do you smell that? It smells like a HERF!!!!

I'd be up for this.

I spoke with Sawsan at The Cigar Palace today. She said that we could do it there for free if we want it. They can accommodate 30 with out a problem... Just a thought, but it is 3 minutes off the beltway in Alexandria. And they have good prices as well as discounts.

Ok, to move forward with this, I am going to go ahead and state that Cigar Palace is where its going to be its right off 495, (sorry you are going the opposite way bmore folks) . There really is no place (Shellys is a possibility but more of a restaurant than a hang out place, which is why I crossed that off) for it in DC after talking with Jon (cabaiguan juan) about this. If Cigar Palace can hold up to 30 people, I think we should make it on a Saturday the 24th or the following weekend on the 31. If you can not make it, that's is fine, we will see you on the next herf. There seems to be a good number of people within the DC area on CP, so I doubt this will be the last only herf. I will leave those two dates up for people to pick. either PM me or write on the board here so we can see how many people are interested.

David

Since that is so far out, you can write me in in pencil for either Saturday. Just do it in PENCIL because things have a way of just "happening" around here.

Hell of a ride, though...... but I have a buddy in Hagerstown, who isn't on this board, who might be interested in coming down as well.

Since that is so far out, you can write me in in pencil for either Saturday. Just do it in PENCIL because things have a way of just "happening" around here.

Hell of a ride, though...... but I have a buddy in Hagerstown, who isn't on this board, who might be interested in coming down as well.

I am somewhere in the middle, If you need a place to crash on the way back, I be more than happy to have you guys sleep on my 2 extra beds on the way back. Just leaving that option open for ya.

David

Hey all, I have had a some people talk about having a DC herf in January. The reason for this is because some of you may be in town during the inauguration. I want to post this now to see if there is actually a few of our BOTL coming down to DC. There is already a few BOTL around the area that may be able to make it as well. The Inauguration is Jan. 20th, I wasn't sure what day would be the best for everyone either the weekend before the 17th/18th or the weekend after the Inauguration which is the 24th/25th of January.
I will be in DC the 17th and flying out the 23rd. I'm guessing Dennis will be slammed w/ preparations, but I'd love to get together w/ whomever is available to HERF!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

LMK what you guys figure out.

Cheers!
- C

I could do the weekend Jan 17th/18th. I cannot commit now though, because things have a way of coming up, and I know i have a couple of things that are potentially going to happen that weekend. The following weekend, I'll be out of town. Superbowl weekend would be the absolute best for me. Aside from watching Denver dominate, i have no plans that weekend. David, its your show, so you get to make the calls, but that is my 2 cents.

I am somewhere in the middle, If you need a place to crash on the way back, I be more than happy to have you guys sleep on my 2 extra beds on the way back. Just leaving that option open for ya.

David

I'll definitely keep that in mind. I'll be seeing my buddy the weekend of the 10th, and I'll be able tog et a feel for what he's thinking then.

Bailey's in Ballston Mall (Arlington, VA) is also another good place to Herf.. They have HUGE lounges, pool tables, large bar, and tvs all over the place. We can make that a future herf location.

Either weekend seems good for me (at the moment). Can't wait.

Andrew

I would be in IF I can get away. That will be VERY busy for me. Depending on the time I may be able to slip in for a quick smoke.

BD I will try to get away sometime during the madness to have a cigar with you as well.

Actually. 24th/25th works best for me.

Because of the Inauguration, I've decided to bail out of the DC/Metro Area.

Will keep a low profile in Atlantic City the whole weekend :whistling: .

I want to go smoke with some people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew

Actually. 24th/25th works best for me.

Because of the Inauguration, I've decided to bail out of the DC/Metro Area.

Will keep a low profile in Atlantic City the whole weekend :whistling: .

I want to go smoke with some people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew
Bailing on the Inauguration? Dude, I'm going to be right in the heart of it! I'm going to try get on TV so you all can see what a great time i will be having!

I'm scheduled to be in that neck of the woods Jan 28-30, more to details to follow.

Bump, cuz I want someone to choose a date, so I can get my smoke on!

PLUS, I just met Sawsan yesterday (briefly, cuz the GF was with me) and I HAVE TO SAY, we need to set this HERF up ASAP.

Cigars + eye candy = FUN

I hope I did my math correctly.

Andrew