• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Possible DC herf?

Sweetrice80

Deaf Mofo
Hey all, I have had a some people talk about having a DC herf in January. The reason for this is because some of you may be in town during the inauguration. I want to post this now to see if there is actually a few of our BOTL coming down to DC. There is already a few BOTL around the area that may be able to make it as well. The Inauguration is Jan. 20th, I wasn't sure what day would be the best for everyone either the weekend before the 17th/18th or the weekend after the Inauguration which is the 24th/25th of January.

The place I was thinking was a place called Shelly's back Room. I have never been there but advice from a fellow BOTL said the place is awesome. It may also be good for those coming into town because it is a cigar restaurant. Which would mean the wife or significant other would be more than welcome to come out to eat to enjoy an meal. The only down side of this place is their cigars are quite expensive, however from what I have heard you are allowed to bring your own cigars. However, to show good taste I would buy the cheapest cigar they have to offer which I believe is a CAO Gold Honey Petit and Eileen's Dream Petit at $7.00 a piece. (this is because by law in order to smoke cigars there 10% of their earnings must be from cigars) here is the link of the site:

www.shellysdc.com

But I am open to other suggestions as well. So lets try to talk this one out, and see if there is any interest.

David

Hey I am up in Philly but i could be convinced to take the drive down for this. I would vote for the weekend of the 24th (I think that's what you said). Keep me posted.

Hey all, I have had a some people talk about having a DC herf in January. The reason for this is because some of you may be in town during the inauguration. I want to post this now to see if there is actually a few of our BOTL coming down to DC. There is already a few BOTL around the area that may be able to make it as well. The Inauguration is Jan. 20th, I wasn't sure what day would be the best for everyone either the weekend before the 17th/18th or the weekend after the Inauguration which is the 24th/25th of January.

The place I was thinking was a place called Shelly's back Room. I have never been there but advice from a fellow BOTL said the place is awesome. It may also be good for those coming into town because it is a cigar restaurant. Which would mean the wife or significant other would be more than welcome to come out to eat to enjoy an meal. The only down side of this place is their cigars are quite expensive, however from what I have heard you are allowed to bring your own cigars. However, to show good taste I would buy the cheapest cigar they have to offer which I believe is a CAO Gold Honey Petit and Eileen's Dream Petit at $7.00 a piece. (this is because by law in order to smoke cigars there 10% of their earnings must be from cigars) here is the link of the site:

www.shellysdc.com

But I am open to other suggestions as well. So lets try to talk this one out, and see if there is any interest.

David

Milford, DE, here. I might could be interested.

Hey David,

Sounds like a great idea. I live about 20 minutes from DC so I would be in. It would be great to meet some of the BOTL/SOTL from CP... Thanks and keep us posted.

Andy

I'm down for that weekend, but i think with so many people coming into town that weekend, that getting anywhere, much less getting a table at Shelley's, the only place to smoke in DC, will be a mess. I think the previous weekend would be easier for traveling and finding a spot to sit down at Shelleys.

I'm down for that weekend, but i think with so many people coming into town that weekend, that getting anywhere, much less getting a table at Shelley's, the only place to smoke in DC, will be a mess. I think the previous weekend would be easier for traveling and finding a spot to sit down at Shelleys.

So you are for the 24th/25th weekend?

I'll try to shoot to make this. I'll keep you posted David. I am scheduled to move up once and for all the 19th, if I can get settled in by then I'd love to make it.
Chris

I am currently slated to be in DC from the weekend of the 19th through Wednesday morning. It is going to be pretty packed around town but if I get there, I will find a way to make it.

The weekend of the 17th-18th is going to be a complete madhouse in DC. Hotels are overbooked and people with condos/houses are renting them out for 10K + for the week. I've heard that places are booked as far as Philly and West Va. I don't think it will be even a remote possibility of getting a table even a small one at shellys during that week. Drapers is just a block away but again, will be really crowded as the whole city will be and not sure if they're going to extend hours. Its going to be a historic event but at the same time, if you're not into crowds, another time may be better. The mass transit system is already announcing people to be expcting to wait a minimum of 30 minutes just to get onto a train. I work a block from the white house and I know there are going to be massive delays even by me (innauguration is at the capital). Better bets would be places just outside DC ie in VA but again, I think the whole area is just going to be crammed with people. Good luck, unfortunately, I know I'll be working that whole week! G1

I may be in for this, however I tend to agree that inauguration weekend would be a very bad choice for a date. My job has canceled work for the 20th because they are anticipating massive traffic delays. I also had a coworker tell me that Metro called her father, who has been retired for 3 years to please come back and assist with the transportation for that weekend.

I was actually considering Shelly's for my anniversary next week, but I think we are going to stay in Baltimore and do Ruth Chris/Havana Club.

I'd like to but it looks like it's a madhouse in DC already. Maybe after all the hoopla has died down.

Now if you wanted to, just as a suggestion, to make it in Baltimore, say Max's Taphouse, I'd be there with no problem.

www.shellysdc.com

David

Just a thought. Since "It is going to be a complete madhouse in DC" as it has been said, why not do it in the Northern Virginia area. A cigar friendly restaurant such as E-Cities in Tyson's Corner. Or we could get Cigar Palace in Alexandria. Both are within 20 minutes of DC.

I would be glad to help you with this project David...

Andy

All these suggestions are just what I wanted. The reason I put those dates up there, was trying to see if many of CPers were going to be in town during that week. But if Stu, is the only one. Then maybe we can have a larger herf, the weekend after or the first weekend of Feb. Either way I am down.

Yes, DC is going to be a mad house, I plan on getting the heck out of DC during that day. I work at Catholic University it is far enough away from all the crowds, but still I do not want to be stuck in the traffic of people trying to get out of the city itself.

Also as Atlasm stated, B-More is always an option, as well as N. Virginia (I have a tendency to like the city atmosphere better in B-more than DC).

CigarMan Andy lets see what we can come up with after a few PM. So a PM is on coming.

David

No, I'll be out of town that weekend. I ment the 10/11th.

No, I'll be out of town that weekend. I ment the 10/11th.

That works or the 17th/18th.

I'm up for any of those weekends.

Just keep me updated.

DC/VA would be preferrable for me.

I thought they banned smoking in Baltimore?

Andrew

I'm up for any of those weekends.

Just keep me updated.

DC/VA would be preferrable for me.

I thought they banned smoking in Baltimore?

Andrew

Max's sidestepped that and created their own smoke shop next door from the bar/restaurant.

I am pretty good either weekend. Would be much easier in B-more for me though. Only 50 min drive versus a few hours. But would certainly try anywhere!

Don