• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Motorcycles

This a Kawasaki KLR 650. I always wanted one, but they're too tall - until now. This is the "S" version, which has lowered the seat height by 2.2 inches. A 650 single cylinder Swiss Army knife of the motorcycle world that's been in production forever.

So. I've been out riding all the little gravel roads and trying to stay out of mischief.

2024 KLR 650S.jpg

This a Kawasaki KLR 650. I always wanted one, but they're too tall - until now. This is the "S" version, which has lowered the seat height by 2.2 inches. A 650 single cylinder Swiss Army knife of the motorcycle world that's been in production forever.

So. I've been out riding all the little gravel roads and trying to stay out of mischief.

View attachment 84366
It looks like you collapsed the suspension after trying to jump it off the top of a building! Pretty cool. Interesting that air suspension hasn't become a thing for all the tall adventure tourers like the KLR/GS/Tiger/Etc...

It looks like you collapsed the suspension after trying to jump it off the top of a building! Pretty cool. Interesting that air suspension hasn't become a thing for all the tall adventure tourers like the KLR/GS/Tiger/Etc...
Must be an optical illusion. I think that the suspension is just an inch shorter, and the seat is an inch shorter than the regular model. I was asked "what is that" and I said "it's an enduro". I think the proper term is "dual sport". Not a moto crosser by any means. LOL

KTM 450.png

So, I ran onto a guy at lunch today that had this 2006 Kawasaki Ninja with 85 original miles.

He was pretty much giving it away, and so it followed me home.

View attachment 84416

View attachment 84417
My first "real" street bike! Bought it for a steal at $800 from a friend. I met a lot of great people through that motorcycle -- there is an amazing EX250 community out there. I became really good friends with a guy who ran the actual Iron Butt Rally (the real deal rally) on a highly-customized Ninjette. Kwacky must have made that machine for close to 30 years with nary a mechanical or aesthetic update.

My first "real" street bike! Bought it for a steal at $800 from a friend. I met a lot of great people through that motorcycle -- there is an amazing EX250 community out there. I became really good friends with a guy who ran the actual Iron Butt Rally (the real deal rally) on a highly-customized Ninjette. Kwacky must have made that machine for close to 30 years with nary a mechanical or aesthetic update.

Did you notice the factory flame paint job ? It's the fastest paint job on a Ninja.

🤣🤣🤣

Did you notice the factory flame paint job ? It's the fastest paint job on a Ninja.

🤣🤣🤣
I did. I want to say it was maybe... 2005, that they started putting that on there. Not my idea of a good time, but they still sold a metric shit-tonne of them. I've been out of the moto game for close to 20 years now (still love them, though), but I believe that Kawasaki fiiiiiinally redesigned the EX250 after Honda (I think?) got in the small-cc sport bike market here, too, and they actually had competition.

Finally got my new seat cover! I've been using the beaded kind and like them but decided to try the sheepskin with gel insert. The jury is still out but it's pretty comfy. 👍
Without trying to excite Jeff here, once I went sheepskin, I never needed anything else. The Sargent seat increased my comfort level by hours on my Triumph Sprint ST, but the sheepskin cover made it so I only had to stop for gassin' and goin'!