• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liquor Acquisitions 2023, 2024

Finally pulled the trigger on a big dog and a nice supporting cast.View attachment 84356
Love Bruichladdich! Just finished my bottle of Black Art recently. Enjoyed the last of it with my son - who agrees it's one of the best whiskey's he'd had. Unfortunately - the price just keeps climbing...

Love the Classic Laddie and Port Charlotte (even though I'm not a huge fan of peated scotch). In my estimation (FWIW) both are very well crafted and a great expression of Islay Scotch. I am very tempted to pick up a bottle of their 18 year (if I can find it). The 30 yr is a bit out of my price range...

Last edited:
Love Bruichladdich! Just finished my bottle of Black Art recently. Enjoyed the last of it with my son - who agrees it's one of the best whiskey's he'd had. Unfortunately - the price just keeps climbing...

Love the Classic Laddie and Port Charlotte (even though I'm not a huge fan of peated scotch). In my estimation (FWIW) both are very well crafted and a great expression of Islay Scotch. I am very tempted to pick up a bottle of their 18 year (if I can find it). The 30 yr is a bit out of my price range...
Yes, I was lucky to have a pour of the Black Art a couple months back and it is well out of my price point. @Eqwhipped brought a bottle of the 18 to RMCF this year and I enjoyed several pours. Bruichladdich is definitely a brand worth exploring.

Reactions: MX
I was gifted a bottle of Ron Zacapa No. 23 this weekend. I don't sip much rum as I usually prefer bourbon or Scotch but it was pretty good. I'm looking forward to pairing it with a cigar at some point.

Got this the other day at my nearest cigar B&M, which is also a pretty good liquor store.

tuvWubO.jpeg

It's damn decent.

I Had to see what all the fuss was about.
Honestly... i get a Makers Mark finish. I'm no bourbon connoisseur, as that comment most surely tells on me.
View attachment 86412

I do love me some Blanton's but since I'm only able to source a bottle or two a year .... :rolleyes:

Will say that I love Woodford Reserve's Double Oaked just as much as the regular Blanton's single barrel, and IT I can find whenever I want & buy as much of as I like. But Blanton's Gold is another dram entirely. I'd put it right up there next to Stagg & for me that's saying a LOT.

~Boar