• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

INTRO: Hi. I'm Rush. I like Cigars!

Rush

Came across this forum while Googling cigar stuff and really like what I see. Cigar passes, trades, and box splits are all something I'd like to try.

Been smokin' only a few months. Gave up Copenhagen for good stogies (wife is very happy). When I start something, I tend to go full-bore.

Picked up a humidor (100) and started buying singles like crazy. Basically, if the stick were at least $4 each, then I threw it in my shopping cart (famous-smoke.com). I'm keeping a journal of what I smoke and what I think about the smoke.

Picked up a travel humidor with a bundle of 12 singles. . .figured, why not? Beats zip-lock bags when I leave town. . .

I've never had ISOM smokes - but a co-worked hooked me up with 6 (3 Cohibas and 3 Hoyos). I haven't tried either - they're just sitting the the box waiting. . .waiting until I have more experience and can appreciate them. Most likely I'll fire up the first one on my first child's birthday (due 12-11-04) - but I'm also debating on firing one up on my 35th birthday late next week :lookup:

I look forward to joining some buys/passes/splits and getting to know the members here a little better.

Hi Rush! You've come to the right place. The first step is admiting you have a problem. :p

Welcome! Where you from? Bill will have to update his map.

Welcome to CP Rush
You found the best cigar site :D

Bill
(not the Bill with the map :p )

Howdy from Texas Rush, you sound a bit like me, It's hard to cope without Cope, I loved my candy too, had to quick because of the dentist :angry: .

Have fun here, everyone is great and helpful. :)

Hi Rush. As you can see, I am new as well and to date these guys/gals have been great. I have learned quite a bit in my short time here.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to CP. You owe it to yourself to induldge yourself with an ISOM on your birthday. :D

Hey Rush,

Depending on where in OK you are there are bunches of Cigar Shops here in the Dallas area.

If you are going full tilt in start investigating a Coolerdor now. For ages I kept a small tupperdor of 25-40 smokes, but once I found cigarpass and cigarbid.com it was all over (I now have ~500, and I bet I am way below average).

Cigarbid.com, holts.com, mikescigars.com are other online stores I recommend you check out in addition to Famous.

Get yourself into the newbie trade thread and you can get a bunch of smokes from one of the experienced fellows here.

Above all WELCOME!
Matt

Welcome. Good group here.

Don't let yourself get sucked into thinking ISOM's are "the best." Although there are many I love, there are also a number of super premium domestics I slobber over too.

Padron's 1964 and 1926 lines are wonderful, as are a number of Fuente's Opus X's. Perdomo's Edicion DeSilvio is great, and the Graycliff Espresso is currently my favorite smoke of all time.

Now the bad news: Those super premium domestics I mentioned don't come cheap. You can buy a box of very nice ISOM's for what one might pay for 10 of some of them.

Welcome! Don't "rush" on over to cbid too soon or you'll have to get a BIGGER humi next week! :D

WELCOME aboard Rush...get your wallet ready and paper pen handy, there's a lot that can be learned here and more to be spent$$...enjoy!

txmatt said:
Depending on where in OK you are there are bunches of Cigar Shops here in the Dallas area.

If you are going full tilt in start investigating a Coolerdor now.
Hey Matt,

Thanks for the hardy welcome (as well as everyone else - very nice!).

My wife and I come to Dallas about 5 times per year just for fun. Our "must stops" are Eat Zi's to pick up all kinds of edibles and Bob's Chop House for a nice chunk of bone-in ribeye. . .I'd love to add a "must stop" cigar shop to my list, which do you recommend?

We're building a new home - will have a built-in humidor (about 24 cubic foot) - not a walk-in, but a nice little niche my wife has granted :) - How's that for going full-tilt :)?

Welcome to the forum Rush
where are you located in Ok. im in far se of Ok
Shawn