• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

Our daughter (17) is getting ready to start the process for obtaining her Private Pilot License 😍

View attachment 87416
Best of luck to your daughter... and your bank account! That's such a cool thing for a kid to do, and quite the achievement once completed.

It had been a "dream" of our previous Education Director to start up, but sometime while I was gone from Hawaii, the Museum began a program called "Pathways To Aviation". This program accepts a very limited number of teenage students each cycle (I'm honestly not sure how long a cycle is, since I'm not in Education anymore) and puts them through ground school on-site. Students who pass ground school successfully then receive a scholarship for flight training at one of the affiliated schools here on island. A student from the very first cohort was just hired by Alaska Airlines.

Power is back on! We were without for a total of 41 hours. I think that's pretty impressive considering that the eye literally went directly over us! Shelli talked to the insurance company and they checked their wind tracker and said that we had sustained winds of 60ish mph and gusts of 100ish mph.

Best of luck to your daughter... and your bank account! That's such a cool thing for a kid to do, and quite the achievement once completed.

It had been a "dream" of our previous Education Director to start up, but sometime while I was gone from Hawaii, the Museum began a program called "Pathways To Aviation". This program accepts a very limited number of teenage students each cycle (I'm honestly not sure how long a cycle is, since I'm not in Education anymore) and puts them through ground school on-site. Students who pass ground school successfully then receive a scholarship for flight training at one of the affiliated schools here on island. A student from the very first cohort was just hired by Alaska Airlines.

Around 17K give or take. To get instrument rated another 7 to 10.

That’s an awesome program!

I'm happy!

I played golf for 3 days in a row for the first time in well over a year. I am learning how to make the best of the limited swing I am able to take.

I moved up to the tees around 5600 yards and was able to play within a few Strokes of par and I'm very happy!

I'm happy!

I played golf for 3 days in a row for the first time in well over a year. I am learning how to make the best of the limited swing I am able to take.

I moved up to the tees around 5600 yards and was able to play within a few Strokes of par and I'm very happy!
As someone who personally understands your pain struggle, I am happy for you brother!!!