• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gun advice

I have a Glock 21SF and a Kimber Ultra Carry. I'd recommend either one. The new 21SF frame is a lil narrower and fits most peoples hands better. Yes the kimber is expensive but they are great guns.

You can't go wrong with either. Goto a range and shoot various guns and decide which you like best.

My buddy had his Taurus blow up in his hand...

I have a Sig Sauer ($!)

and a little Kahr Arms 9 that i picked up for $350, I like it alot!

You can get a used Glock for ~$400 at most stores here... can't really beat that.

I wouldn't trust a Glock .45 with my life. Taurus? might as well throw rocks. 70 series Colts are damn fine weapons. Kimbers are costly but worth every penny. The Kimber SIS is a great shooter as well as the Raptor II. I would say save some money, do your research and test shoot if you can but buy quality. Your life may depend on it.

Mark

I was kinda looking into Springfield....

the XD(m) 9x19mm has a 19+1 capacity, thats allllotta bammmo!

I wouldn't trust a Glock .45 with my life. Taurus? might as well throw rocks. 70 series Colts are damn fine weapons. Kimbers are costly but worth every penny. The Kimber SIS is a great shooter as well as the Raptor II. I would say save some money, do your research and test shoot if you can but buy quality. Your life may depend on it.

Mark

Why would you not trust the glock with your life? You have seen the torture test right? Not only that but they eat just about anything put through them.

I know some people don't like the feel of the glock and that fine, if you have smaller hands they tend to feel bulky or clunky. The glocks are a fine firearm and used my LEO's around the country as well as most militaries albeit not our own.

I own 3 glocks the 21 being one of them. That said I do like the 1911's just haven't gotten around to getting one yet. The thing I prefer on the glocks over the 1911's is the way they break down. If you ever had to field strip a glock in a combat situation your left with 4 pieces when done where the 1911 strips into a few more.

The new XD(m) is a nice weapon right out of the box but IMO the 9 is just a little small.

Mark

Why would you not trust the glock with your life? You have seen the torture test right? Not only that but they eat just about anything put through them.

I know some people don't like the feel of the glock and that fine, if you have smaller hands they tend to feel bulky or clunky. The glocks are a fine firearm and used my LEO's around the country as well as most militaries albeit not our own.

I own 3 glocks the 21 being one of them. That said I do like the 1911's just haven't gotten around to getting one yet. The thing I prefer on the glocks over the 1911's is the way they break down. If you ever had to field strip a glock in a combat situation your left with 4 pieces when done where the 1911 strips into a few more.

Why? The same reason why the Portland Oregon police dept. has a law suite against Glock. They blow up! The 9's have proven to be a very reliable weapon and the new pro model 9 is awesome. The facts are out there for those who look.

Mark

I will indeed need to look that up. I have over 10k through mine and haven't had a single problem with it that wasn't ammunition related.

Wow, lots of Taurus bashing on here. I suspect it's jealousy that a cheaper handgun can perform as well or better than their expensive counterparts. Name another firearms company that has a lifetime warranty. I really like the "my buddy's Taurus blew up!" stories. Let's see pictures. I've seen many, many blown up Glocks (almost all due to firing reloaded ammo or non-jacketed bullets) but I've NEVER seen a blown up Taurus.

In any case, I would definitely save up and get a Kimber. I have a Kimber Classic I picked up for $425 from an online auction site, I love it! It's nicely broken in and works perfectly, with an outstanding trigger.

I picked up a Taurus 1911. You can find them used online and at various stores. Mine just flat out rocks!!!!!!!!!!
Many extras that you only see on guns that cost $2000 and more.
Do it, you won't regret it!!!!!!!

Everyone has their own opinions on guns and everyone is entitled to them. On the case of the glocks kb'ing I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you.

I did as you suggested, go and look for the information on the kb glock 21's and from what I found the issue was not a problem with the firearms themselves but in fact the ammo. The 3 reports I found that were done by an independent company are linked below, and each report shows that the likely cause of the kb was firing a cartridge that produced catastrophically high pressures. Not sure how you can fault the glock in that case.

Reports

Report 1
Report 2
Report 3
Summary on The Gun Zone

If you choose not to trust your life with a glock 21 that's fine and your personal preference, but like I said the reports show the glocks were not at fault but were the cause of faulty and possibly double loaded charges.

I love my Kimber and wouldn't trade it for anything. Yes, it's not cheap but think about what you want to use it for? Do you really want to stake your life on a $400 piece of junk?

100_0685-1.jpg

K, first of all, stop talkin' glock in my 1911 thread. I don't want your plastic guns! :laugh:

Just kidding, nothing wrong with glocks or XD's but I want a 1911. Keep this thread to 1911's please.

Also, I have stated at least once in here this isn't gonna be my carry piece. I am in the market for a less expensive used 1911 to get first. I wholly plan to buy something smaller and nicer come summer when I'm working full time. Right now, i want something to shoot with, learn with, take to the range. It's going to be unloaded and locked up , not in my nightstand, and not on my hip.

I hope this clarifies a bit. Also, no way no how am I spending even 900 bucks on a gun, forget about 1500, regardless of the type of gun. That isnt possible anywhere in my near future, so all the super high end ones are out.

I'll check into some more brands that y'all have listed. Keep the 1911 talk coming!

This is totally a "ford vs. chevy vs. dodge" thread huh? :laugh:

There's a reason the 1911 was in service longer than any firearm in US military history (Ma Deuce doesn't count) and is still the preferred handgun of choice of elite units.

Doc.

Doc, I couldn't agree with you more. The gun's been around for almost 100 years for a reason.

Everyone has their own opinions on guns and everyone is entitled to them. On the case of the glocks kb'ing I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you.

I did as you suggested, go and look for the information on the kb glock 21's and from what I found the issue was not a problem with the firearms themselves but in fact the ammo. The 3 reports I found that were done by an independent company are linked below, and each report shows that the likely cause of the kb was firing a cartridge that produced catastrophically high pressures. Not sure how you can fault the glock in that case.

Reports

Report 1
Report 2
Report 3
Summary on The Gun Zone

If you choose not to trust your life with a glock 21 that's fine and your personal preference, but like I said the reports show the glocks were not at fault but were the cause of faulty and possibly double loaded charges.

Nice job on the research. Seriously, hats off. The problem is that there was more than 2 incidents. The issue here is that someone is looking for a proven reliable weapon and so therefor should be made aware of the good and the bad. I'm just not going to own a Glock .45 plain and simple. So yes, we can agree to disagree.

Here we go again getting off topic. The topic is quality 1911's

My 3 pics are
1. Kimber SIS
2. 70 series Colt Goldcup Match
3. Springfield EMP

Thats my story and I'm stickin to it! :sign:

It's currently out of stock but this is a good price on a 1911. Even with the $20 for the FFL transfer you are coming in at under $500. If you use their credit you can get 90 days same as cash.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Bud's Guns, just a satisfied customer.

It's currently out of stock but this is a good price on a 1911. Even with the $20 for the FFL transfer you are coming in at under $500. If you use their credit you can get 90 days same as cash.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Bud's Guns, just a satisfied customer.

Dam that is a good price rp

Good price indeed. I'm having a hard time finding springfields around here, but i'm gonna hit a few shops tonight and see what's up.

Thanks again for the good advice guys!