• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

El Cheapo Smoke of the Day - 2024

< $3 - La Palina Nicaragua Oscuro 6 x 50. About six bucks online.

Nicaraguan (Tabacalera Fernandez) with Nicaraguan long fillers and binder, and an Ecuadorian Oscuro wrapper.

Medium.

Finished up a motorcycle rescue flat tire by flashlight, and then fired up this nice stick.

Oscuro.jpg

Cigars International was running a sale on some of my go-to El Cheapo sticks. At $2.12 ea/delivered, this was a great deal. They're typically about $4.50.

5 Vegas Gold Robusto 20 box, and 5 Vegas Classic Corona 25 box.

The Gold is a mellow+ stick that's sorta creamy, with a bit of spice. The Classic is a medium with light spice, and a bit more complex.

These are different style boxes from the last order. I think I like these new boxes.

View attachment 87084View attachment 87085
First 5 Vega I had was post golf. Very nice.

Casa Torano at $2.09. Typically $6, but you can usually find a sale.

Honduran, with Dominican/Nicaraguan long fillers- Nicaraguan binder - Ecuador Connecticut wrapper.

Mellow/medium, with a bit of spice.

Puffy rating: ā­ā­ā­ā­

Casa Torano.jpg

< $0.91 delivered - La Finca. 6 x 50. 91 medium+ Nicaraguan sticks in a big green box that resembles an ammo can.

JR Cigars had a sweet sale on these, and then I had a coupon. I know that you're surprised. šŸ¤£ Special thanks to @CBoukal for the tip !

The "MDF ammo box" construction is a bit different. It's some manner of lightweight plastic lid coupled with MDF (particle board) bottom box that's covered with a plastic/vinyl film.. The literature says that it's "rugged air tight" but there's no seal - the lid simply sits on the top - hinged in the back, and a turnbuckle sort of a hasp in the front. Definitely not rugged either. I was thinking that the earlier renditions of this were metal ammo boxes and they neglected to change the description.

Excellent El Cheapo stick.

La Finca.jpgammo box.jpgammo box2.jpg

< $1.50 Cuban Rounds - 7 x 48. Typically 20 sticks/$45 online.

Mellow/Medium mixed-filler Nicaraguan stick with light spice.

Well constructed and well behaved.

Puffy rating: ā­ā­ā­ and 3/4

Cuban Round.jpg

$2.54. Another selection from the recent Cigar Page 41 stick sampler.

A 5-pack at C.I. this morning is $63, but these are frequently on sale.

Oliva Master Blend 3 in a full strength, box pressed 5 x 50.

Nicaraguan, with a sun grown Connecticut broadleaf wrapper.

Puffy rating: ā­ā­ā­ā­ 1/3

Master Blends.jpg

Last edited:
About $5 online, every day. Cigar Page had these for a buck-fifty back in February of this year, with free shipping - and I had a coupon. :)

This is a nice medium + stick from Nicaragua, with Ometepe filler/binders and an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper.

Puffy rating: ā­ ā­ ā­ ā­

Cult Ometepe.jpg

$2.59 Padilla Series '68 Original. A box of 20 will set you back $65 at Cigar Page today.

Mellow/medium stick from Honduras with a Corojo wrapper. Smooth and tasty.

You should try one of these.

View attachment 87355
I remember when Padilla's were actually a really good brand, then I think they sold, and were never the same, or maybe my taste just changed

I remember when Padilla's were actually a really good brand, then I think they sold, and were never the same, or maybe my taste just changed

I got a couple of these in a sampler, and then I bought a box (on sale, of course) - and then I bought another box.
I like the medium-ish smokes, without a lot of spice. These fit that bill nicely.

Reactions: MX
I still have a few of the old Padilla Miami 8&11 (I think) that were made by Pepin. They're pretty good. Haven't tried the newer stuff.

"Handcrafted since 1972 in EstelĆ­. Medium to full in body with a nutty, naturally sweet flavor. La Finca was also one of the least expensive cigars to receive excellent ratings in ā€œSmokeā€ and ā€œCigar Aficionado.ā€

< $0.92

You know you want one ...

La Finca.jpg

$2.81 Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 from a C.I. "mystery sampler". About $11 every day.

"Honduran, with Dominican and Nicaraguan Ligero draped in a Honduran Broadleaf wrapper"

Medium+

Excellent construction, nice draw, and a perfect burn.

Puffy Rating: ā­ā­ā­ā­ and 3/16ths

Vintage 1990.jpg

1.40 Rocky Patel "Cargo" 6 x 52.

A dark Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper over Nicaraguan "sandwich-style" filler.

Medium.

I've smoked half a dozen out of this bundle, and they've all been well behaved.

Not too shabby.

1000013069.jpg

Montecristo original.

A medium Dominican with medium spice - all rolled up in a shade grown Connecticut wrapper.

It's way too nice for the El Cheapo thread, but hey, it was under three bucks as a "bonus buy". šŸ˜Š

1000013082.jpg

Last edited: