• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Disabled Dad is having major back surgery on 10/02/2008...

souldog

OG Post-Whorer since 2008 bitches...
Hey folks,

Like the topic says, my Dad is having major back surgery on 10/02. He was disabled in a bad broadside vehicle collision when I was 12, so I pretty much didn't have the whole normal childhood deal with a Dad (commence the bitching and moaning). We're not that close, and lately I've been trying to at least have a dialogue with him and try to be around more than once a year. Anyways...

This particular surgery is a bit dangerous as they're going to open up his back and remove scar tissue from near his spine, fix up some herniated discs, and play with his nerve endings to see if they can't get rid of some of this chronic pain he's been living with. They're opening him up in about three different places, and it seems like each year he gets older, and the pain medications f*ck with his heart, each surgery gets more dangerous.

In summation, just float some prayers his way on the 2nd, I'd appreciate it. I'll be taking that day off to help him post-op since my Mom's gotta go work, so if I've got access to the internets, I'll update you guys.

Thanks for looking. :)

Good Luck to your father and yourself. I hope everything goes well. Our prayers will be with your father.

Hey Jon, haven't heard from you in awhile bud ...

I've known many people who have chronic backpain/problems who refuse to go under the knife due to the chance that it may not help out, yet, in fact make things worst; you have all my hopes and prayers at this urgent time of need.

Nick

That sucks Jonathan.

Thoughts coming your and your Dad's way on Thursday!

Brian

Best thoughts, wishes and prayers going out to you and your family, my friend. With today's science and how medicine has progressed over the years, I wouldn't be too worried about this surgery. I'm also hoping that after the successful surgery you and your father are able to reconcile and become closer.

Regards,
Los

good luck jonathan....you and your dad will be in my thoughts and prayers on the 2nd.

I'm sure that it means a lot to your dad that you're going to be there with him during this potentially scary process even if he doesn't come right out and tell you.

We'll be thinking of you and your family.

Jonathan,

Thoughts and prayers out to you, your Dad and Mom. Let us know how he's doing.

Bill

Thoughts and prayers are with him and you as well Jonathan. Hope all goes well with the surgery.

My best thoughts go out to you and your dad. Hope this gets rid of his back pain.

Jon,
Along with everyone else that responded, my thoughts and prayers are out to you and your father.

David

I'll definitely keep you both in my prayers, Jonathan.