• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Debating investing in GOFBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely nothing. Was there really any other intent? It was pretty evident once things got moving and replies were posted. I don't think we need an answer.

Trust, from what side? I mean, there are 2 sides here, correct? Not sure we'll ever get side 3, the real truth.

Gotta agree.
I feel like all I’m pushing for is side 3, and that when we bring up what seem to be legitimate concerns, we do so as openly and honestly as possible.

To restate my position:

A) It sounds like concerns with Gofba are real and should be discussed.
B) @CigSid may not be able to answer some questions so that should be taken into account with the conversation.
Z) I like Jeff, @CigarStone, but question if how he raised legitimate concerns was forthright, and in a manner that is generally good for the board. Why not just come out with it? Unless the other members of the vherf can say that yes, GOFBA was still being discussed as a possible good investment, in which case I owe Jeff an apology for questioning it, which hopefully he’ll accept.

Z) I like Jeff, @CigarStone, but question if how he raised legitimate concerns was forthright, and in a manner that is generally good for the board. Why not just come out with it? Unless the other members of the vherf can say that yes, GOFBA was still being discussed as a possible good investment, in which case I owe Jeff an apology for questioning it, which hopefully he’ll accept.
I can't tell you the last time I saw Jeff on the vherf or discussed GOFBA with another member that wasn't already an investor.

Bingo! If I wasn’t dealing with storm damage and a power outage, I’d give a better response. It’ll come tho. Enjoy the evening.

Floyd T
Floyd, with all due respect, this thread is not about me, I think your “why” questions are being pointed in the wrong direction. No matter how hard anyone tries to divert attention from the real issues at hand, which have come to surprise me, and probably nearly everyone else, I am not going to play along with side tracking those issues.

I think it would be in the best interest of CP to eliminate the side-tracking/hi-jacking so that factual information can be shared. I’d really like to hear some factual information from Bill’s side, rather than just those who feel they may have been taken.

Floyd, with all due respect, this thread is not about me, I think your “why” questions are being pointed in the wrong direction. No matter how hard anyone tries to divert attention from the real issues at hand, which have come to surprise me, and probably nearly everyone else, I am not going to play along with side tracking those issues.

I think it would be in the best interest of CP to eliminate the side-tracking/hi-jacking so that factual information can be shared. I’d really like to hear some factual information from Bill’s side, rather than just those who feel they may have been taken.
The problem is that we are all adults and if John had an issue and wanted to ait it on CP the ymhe should have just started a tread like an adult and played out his issue. But instead you post a fake question so John could air his issues. We all know you have discussed with John all the issues he posted. But you are right in one thing you should have never been involved in this tread but you decided to start it so John could vent without starting a tread himself. Just for record like everyone I have no issues with members what wanting information about topic and like Dan said there a few things that do need to be addressed though maybe more effort to do it in private could have been attempted. But this childish fake tread to allow someone to air issues without starting their own tread is in poor taste.

Interesting that more people are questioning Jeff, than asking where thousands of dollars (or more) may have disappeared to. I guess sending out a few fancy cigars buys you a lot of blind loyalty.

Not even questioning Jeff, outright calling him a liar. Because the questions that were posed to him, he already answered.

The problem is that we are all adults and if John had an issue and wanted to ait it on CP the ymhe should have just started a tread like an adult and played out his issue. But instead you post a fake question so John could air his issues. We all know you have discussed with John all the issues he posted. But you are right in one thing you should have never been involved in this tread but you decided to start it so John could vent without starting a tread himself. Just for record like everyone I have no issues with members what wanting information about topic and like Dan said there a few things that do need to be addressed though maybe more effort to do it in private could have been attempted. But this childish fake tread to allow someone to air issues without starting their own tread is in poor taste.
IMG_2344.jpeg

If the end results are the same, why does it matter who started the thread? This is a public forum and it's how things are done.

I didn't see you coming to the defense of XYZ123, when Jeff continually raked him over the coals. He hadn't even taken any money from his cigar sale yet, when he was finally ran off. This is a little different, then a few $$$ in cigar sales.

Interesting that more people are questioning Jeff, than asking where thousands of dollars (or more) may have disappeared to. I guess sending out a few fancy cigars buys you a lot of blind loyalty.
This!! It's amazing how blind people become when someone waves a fancy trinket in front of their face.

We all know you have discussed with John all the issues he posted. But you are right in one thing you should have never been involved in this tread but you decided to start it so John could vent without starting a tread himself.
This seems to be a theme, is this your conjecture, or is there evidence you can share to support the insinuation?
There are a lot of people raking a lot of other people "over the coals" and the topic is devolving into a bunch of childish he said / she said. I am pretty sure the more we turn on each other, the better it is for those that may have mis-stepped, mis-spoke, or mis-represented the ideas and information that SHOULD be at the heart of this discussion.

Ok, I am going back to my fountain pen rabbit hole now.

T

It seems there are a lot of investors of the company in CP. If CP was used as a vehicle to build relationships and gain investors, I could care less what Jeff posted. It matters to all of us.....
Well I do not honestly believe this is what happened. I think Bill gave some friends I opportunity to invest in a company he believes and still believes will make them money. But ut is taking longer than he thought. I don't believe he used CP to steal a few thousand dollars for friends.

Well I do not honestly believe this is what happened. I think Bill gave some friends I opportunity to invest in a company he believes and still believes will make them money. But ut is taking longer than he thought. I don't believe he used CP to steal a few thousand dollars for friends.
I bet there's more than a few thousand involved....I think they raised around 9 million from outside investors according to documents filed with the SEC (11 million minus refunding investors 2.5 mil) most of which goes to pay leases to a trust owned by Bills wife.... latest SEC filing... But opinions are just that.

Not even questioning Jeff, outright calling him a liar. Because the questions that were posed to him, he already answered.
I am calling him a liar! In Nov of 2023, John and I talked and he told me everything he's posted in this thread, with some minor differences. In January 2024(two months later), Jeff said he "...knows abut the Bill issue....he and John talk frequently about it...you guys should bring this to light at the right time". Then he starts this thread with a disingenuous charade of wanting to get on board with Gofba. So, he's either a liar, a fool or both.

I was offering an opportunity for him to "oops, my bad", but instead, we got what we got.

Who cares about his motives when there are bigger issues? Well, I do.

I've said the issues should be discussed by those involved, but this was classless, deceptive and meant to be divisive. If you can't separate the two, that's not my problem.

Good luck to all involved.

Floyd T

PS: I'm not addressing John's differences because Bill already has.

I am calling him a liar! In Nov of 2023, John and I talked and he told me everything he's posted in this thread, with some minor differences. In January 2024(two months later), Jeff said he "...knows abut the Bill issue....he and John talk frequently about it...you guys should bring this to light at the right time". Then he starts this thread with a disingenuous charade of wanting to get on board with Gofba. So, he's either a liar, a fool or both.

I was offering an opportunity for him to "oops, my bad", but instead, we got what we got.

Who cares about his motives when there are bigger issues? Well, I do.

I've said the issues should be discussed by those involved, but this was classless, deceptive and meant to be divisive. If you can't separate the two, that's not my problem.

Good luck to all involved.

Floyd T

PS: I'm not addressing John's differences because Bill already has.

Excellent work. Who gives a shit about fraud when you can rile up a witch hunt on the reason why a thread exposing the fraud was started? Bake him away, toys.

So the bottom line is no IPO on the horizon and that means the initial investments are long gone. Have I summarized it for all that aren't directly in play?
Well I guess there are two different scenarios. One is Bill believed company would IPO soon and gave friends a opportunity to invest. It is taking much longer then he though and as he said should have better communicated the issues. It a pre IPO so always a chance it never IPOs but it still intends to based on Bill. Second is Bill never intended to IPO and is using company to steal money from people including CP membersand friends. I believe first is true everyone can decide for themselves.

It's clear that the door was opened and issues have arisen. Some of you are focused on getting to the heart of these issues, regardless of how or by whom the door was opened. Others, however, seem more concerned with the details of who started this discussion and why.

As someone directly involved in this investment, I find it disappointing that some are continuously trying to derail this discussion. I will refrain from further comments at this time.

I suggest we stop the unnecessary scrutiny around Jeff, whether it's done publicly, privately, or through PMs in an attempt to play detective.

The standards of conduct on CigarPass have always been high, grounded in common sense. Any attempts to introduce rules that undermine our community's integrity will be addressed, regardless of how long someone has been a member.

This expectation applies equally to the vHerf room—it should uphold the same standards as our public forum.

While these issues remain unresolved, I am closing this discussion for the time being. If there is a need to revisit this topic publicly, we will do so if necessary.

In the meantime, I will coordinate with Bill offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.