• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Debating investing in GOFBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything he can't say here he can't say behind the scenes, either.
Which is why the sentence start with "This post can become very unfair quickly". He can't address the concerns posted. As Rod said, he invested in a vision that he thinks there is a need for. It was an added bonus that he knows the main person. But for Bill to answer the questions laid out, would be against the law. (I think) I don't see how this thread becomes anything of use because it can only be a one sided conversation.

Unfortunately, I invested as well with the impression that it was a viable business going public within a year or two after my investment. Needless to say I have nothing to show for and lots of questions that could have been answered with transparency. Or just communication through press releases, etc… nothing but crickets.

Anyone want to buy my shares from me?

Which is why the sentence start with "This post can become very unfair quickly". He can't address the concerns posted. As Rod said, he invested in a vision that he thinks there is a need for. It was an added bonus that he knows the main person. But for Bill to answer the questions laid out, would be against the law. (I think) I don't see how this thread becomes anything of use because it can only be a one sided conversation.
I think making this information known to all is perfectly fair so if anyone else was considering investing their money they know what they're getting in to.

I think I understand where @CBoukal is coming from.
Publishing details on the current state via official, approved means is one thing.
Pushing it a cigar forum is better! LOL

I think it gives anyone who is approached in the future, or who hears about it in passing from other members, an idea how things have gone over the past 6 years.

ETA: basically what @Bsneed51 said above

It seems like talking about a particular company/investing opportunity is totally fair game. Expecting Bill to participate or demanding answers to questions that he can’t respond to seems like no one’s going to get what they want.

The answers are all in the financials that have been filed with the SEC....public info...once you get past the fluff.
You are exactly right.

Some of you are acting like I did something wrong, that I'm a fucking criminal and stole your money. You legitimately purchased shares in a legitimate company. Everything is transparent and on record with the SEC. John and Cody have never contacted me and asked any questions. Rod has. We have had many conversations because he asked me. I have never hid from anyone, you know how to reach me. We could have shut the doors during the pandemic like many companies did, and you really would have been out the money you invested, but we took a second and third mortgage on our house and office building, after we spent our life's savings, to keep this company running. We didn't have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to file as a public company with the SEC, and have 3rd party auditors examine everything we do 4 times a year, but it was absolutely necessary to have this step completed to be designated as a Pre-IPO company. And now we have folks piling on, even after seeing my character here for over 10 years.
Thank you to the few true friends I have for speaking up and vouching for me.

You are exactly right.

Some of you are acting like I did something wrong, that I'm a fucking criminal and stole your money. You legitimately purchased shares in a legitimate company. Everything is transparent and on record with the SEC. John and Cody have never contacted me and asked any questions. Rod has. We have had many conversations because he asked me. I have never hid from anyone, you know how to reach me. We could have shut the doors during the pandemic like many companies did, and you really would have been out the money you invested, but we took a second and third mortgage on our house and office building, after we spent our life's savings, to keep this company running. We didn't have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to file as a public company with the SEC, and have 3rd party auditors examine everything we do 4 times a year, but it was absolutely necessary to have this step completed to be designated as a Pre-IPO company. And now we have folks piling on, even after seeing my character here for over 10 years.
Actually, I do realize there are risk involved and no guarantee of ROI, or seeing any of my original investment back at all. I believed in Bill and his idea, or I wouldn't have jumped on board. As Rod said, it's something needed in this day and age.

Where my problem lies with is, the complete lack of communication after his word was given when the original investment was made. That's where in the very least I feel Bill failed. This all stopped fairly quickly on. While I say quickly, I say three years later. But, I had to ask and there was always what started to feel like were excuses and not reasons. The same one Jeff got about the current political climate. We are talking six long years, not six weeks, not six months, but SIX LONG YEARS with no updates other than a text here or there prompted by me asking what is going on. If we waited for the perfect, or even decent political environment, it would never go live. Occasionally early on, I would get an article about GOFBA texted to me. They weren't from any leading authority, or known outlet but from a website that anyone (including me) can go on and publish articles on the web after signing up for an account.

I was told I would have a stock certificate within 30 days. I filled out the form and sent my $35.00 payment promptly as instructed. Still no stock certificate. I asked Bill and was told to ask "Shirley". I checked with her repeatedly, and never got an answer, except one text with a link to yet another bizarre online article. This turned to ghosting eventually and I gave up.

Again, this was six years ago folks. There is ZERO reason that include breaking of any possible SEC guidelines for giving the people investing in you and your company regualr updates on missed promised deadlines. Just like anything that has been done here along the years, communication is key and goes a long way towards preventing misunderstandings.

That being said, the complete lack of communication makes one wonder and start to see and look into things that make one go "Hmmmmm!". Even still, I kept wondering, "am I wrong, and there's some sort of explanation?" A lot of things don't seem so transparent, or just seem odd.

First there are the three lawsuits. I knew about one up front before even investing, and asked Bill about it. Was basically told it was sour grapes, and given the impression it was only one person. But now, when I go back and read, there are several names listed on that lawsuit, with Sharlene Chang being listed as the primary name I see on there.

Second lawsuit is the one MX posted asking about. This one with Manhattan Telecommunications Corporations alleging nonpayment in the amount nearing$180k.

Third lawsuit is Cogito Software Solutions for almost $1 million. Now there's always two sides to these things, but the verbiage says "failure to pay", and the response is that "Cotigo doesn't appear to be a business registered to do business in California."

What does that mean? Were services rendered and GOFBA failed to pay? Or, looking for a legal loophole to get out of a contract early with Cotigo? I don't know.

I've had people help me in the background to research, that do web design, and SEO work, all tell me I'm in denial. These aren't hobbyists, but people who do the web work and SEO (search engine optimization) for multi million dollar companies like our Infinity's Healing Natural Oils.

They all say there is virtually no traffic going to the site here in the USA or China where there is supposedly 45 million users.

I've checked myself with web trackers and didn't come up with anything, but wanted to be sure a mistake wasn't being made.

The only excuse for that would be if tracking wasn't done right on GOFBA, but that would be a "mistake of monstrous proportions" on their part and a hard pill for anyone to swallow.

IMG_0921.pngIMG_0965.pngIMG_0968.png

Then I had another professional do some other research. These are some of the responses I got from her.

"It shows how the site loads in China. According to this, GOFBA takes more than THIRTY FIVE SECONDS to load in Guangzhou, China."

"AND... it doesn't display Chinese characters that I can see. The site appears to load in English, even in China."

"Can't see something like that having 45 million users, if it is not in the native language."

She researched all the search engines used there such as Sogu, Baidu, Shenma, Youdau, etc. again, GOFBA can't be found, yet there's 45 million users there.

Friends that I have that still have family in China, and no one has heard of GOFBA.

Anyone ever notice the same ads for Carters, Subway, Jamba Juice, Rubio, and Blaze Pizza have been running for a few years or so? I was told these are nothing more than plug ins and don't appear to be legitimate ad campaigns. They also load in China where these places don't exist.

It was pointed out to me that a large website bringing in a huge amount of traffic is going to have a much larger amount of ads, and a higher turnover of campaigns.

Then there is the corporate address. Had a friend in the area drive by that office complex before COVID in 2020 hit. Described it as just a big empty office space.

Fast forward to today, GOFBA just listed their address on SEC quarterly filing ending March 31st 2024

"Our offices are located at 3281 E. Guasti Road, Suite 700, Ontario, CA 91761, telephone number (909) 212-7662."

When I called the business listed at that address, they don't seem to know anything about a company called GOFBA.

IMG_0971.png

Oh! Then there's Sunray Trust. Apparently, GOFBA pays Sunray a large monthly sum for computer tower leasing. The lease I found online for 2020 was for $87,516.00 monthly. People I talk to that are familiar with these sort of things say that this is large corporation credit card company type of shit that you need to pay that much monthly for data. When I look at the lease agreement, it shows Anna Chin (Bills wife) as the trustee or owner for Sunray trust. That seems like a huge conflict to me! Makes me wonder if GOFBA is a shell company being used to funnel money into Sunray Trust.

IMG_0992.jpeg

Now, I could think of thousand$ of reasons why I would want to be wrong about all of this, but things just seem a LITTLE off and can you blame me for wondering?

Last edited:
John I see how you've done your due diligence in researching your investment. It would have been the right thing for Bill to have communicated with you during the last six years. Unfortunately I don't see a way out since you can't even get a stock certificate for your holdings.

This is a tight knit community and I hope for the best for all!

Unfortunately, even having certificate may not help much. It is really difficult to sell pre-ipo shares, there is likely no market for it.

I am not involved in the mess...but based on the latest 10-K filings

In this case according to financials, almost 51 million shares already outstanding (pretty diluted)...selling them at $5 (per share according to the site) indicates a current valuation of $250 million dollars. There is 0 revenue and substantial gap between assets and liabilities to the negative. This company is far from an IPO position. Any new stock purchases are likely to not provide much return. The only way to keep the company going is to keep selling shares based on hopes and dreams. Where is the money going? Who knows.

Is this something you would take in front of Shark Tank?

Only hope could be somehow getting a hyped IPO and getting someone else to take the hot potatoe...dump shares and retire to the beach. An unlikely scenario...

Fast forward to today, GOFBA just listed their address on SEC quarterly filing ending March 31st 2024

"Our offices are located at 3281 E. Guasti Road, Suite 700, Ontario, CA 91761, telephone number (909) 212-7662."

When I called the business listed at that address, they don't seem to know anything about a company called GOFBA.

View attachment 82838

Looks like there are quite a few businesses that call Suite 700 home. For $122 a month, you can too!

You are exactly right.

I’m gonna be honest with you as someone with no skin in this game. This post reads a little righteous indignation for the tone of this thread. I don’t think investors wanting clear communication (or at a minimum not being stonewalled) over the course of years and being frustrated is the same thing as them saying you are a criminal and stole their money.

That said, I also don’t think you (or anyone’s) tenure on boards is relevant beyond the conversation being a little more understanding and courteous. I’m not saying it applies to you, but there are a lot of dudes on this board (and others) we were friends with over the years who did a lot of bad shit and were taken to the woodshed for it. Transparency always ends up being the silver bullet, chips fall where they may.

Actually, I do realize there are risk involved and no guarantee of ROI, or seeing any of my original investment back at all. I believed in Bill and his idea, or I wouldn't have jumped on board. As Rod said, it's something needed in this day and age.

Where my problem lies with is, the complete lack of communication after his word was given when the original investment was made. That's where in the very least I feel Bill failed. This all stopped fairly quickly on. While I say quickly, I say three years later. But, I had to ask and there was always what started to feel like were excuses and not reasons. The same one Jeff got about the current political climate. We are talking six long years, not six weeks, not six months, but SIX LONG YEARS with no updates other than a text here or there prompted by me asking what is going on. If we waited for the perfect, or even decent political environment, it would never go live. Occasionally early on, I would get an article about GOFBA texted to me. They weren't from any leading authority, or known outlet but from a website that anyone (including me) can go on and publish articles on the web after signing up for an account.

I was told I would have a stock certificate within 30 days. I filled out the form and sent my $35.00 payment promptly as instructed. Still no stock certificate. I asked Bill and was told to ask "Shirley". I checked with her repeatedly, and never got an answer, except one text with a link to yet another bizarre online article. This turned to ghosting eventually and I gave up.

Again, this was six years ago folks. There is ZERO reason that include breaking of any possible SEC guidelines for giving the people investing in you and your company regualr updates on missed promised deadlines. Just like anything that has been done here along the years, communication is key and goes a long way towards preventing misunderstandings.

That being said, the complete lack of communication makes one wonder and start to see and look into things that make one go "Hmmmmm!". Even still, I kept wondering, "am I wrong, and there's some sort of explanation?" A lot of things don't seem so transparent, or just seem odd.

First there are the three lawsuits. I knew about one up front before even investing, and asked Bill about it. Was basically told it was sour grapes, and given the impression it was only one person. But now, when I go back and read, there are several names listed on that lawsuit, with Sharlene Chang being listed as the primary name I see on there.

Second lawsuit is the one MX posted asking about. This one with Manhattan Telecommunications Corporations alleging nonpayment in the amount nearing$180k.

Third lawsuit is Cogito Software Solutions for almost $1 million. Now there's always two sides to these things, but the verbiage says "failure to pay", and the response is that "Cotigo doesn't appear to be a business registered to do business in California."

What does that mean? Were services rendered and GOFBA failed to pay? Or, looking for a legal loophole to get out of a contract early with Cotigo? I don't know.

I've had people help me in the background to research, that do web design, and SEO work, all tell me I'm in denial. These aren't hobbyists, but people who do the web work and SEO (search engine optimization) for multi million dollar companies like our Infinity's Healing Natural Oils.

They all say there is virtually no traffic going to the site here in the USA or China where there is supposedly 45 million users.

I've checked myself with web trackers and didn't come up with anything, but wanted to be sure a mistake wasn't being made.

The only excuse for that would be if tracking wasn't done right on GOFBA, but that would be a "mistake of monstrous proportions" on their part and a hard pill for anyone to swallow.

View attachment 82835View attachment 82836View attachment 82837

Then I had another professional do some other research. These are some of the responses I got from her.

"It shows how the site loads in China. According to this, GOFBA takes more than THIRTY FIVE SECONDS to load in Guangzhou, China."

"AND... it doesn't display Chinese characters that I can see. The site appears to load in English, even in China."

"Can't see something like that having 45 million users, if it is not in the native language."

She researched all the search engines used there such as Sogu, Baidu, Shenma, Youdau, etc. again, GOFBA can't be found, yet there's 45 million users there.

Friends that I have that still have family in China, and no one has heard of GOFBA.

Anyone ever notice the same ads for Carters, Subway, Jamba Juice, Rubio, and Blaze Pizza have been running for a few years or so? I was told these are nothing more than plug ins and don't appear to be legitimate ad campaigns. They also load in China where these places don't exist.

It was pointed out to me that a large website bringing in a huge amount of traffic is going to have a much larger amount of ads, and a higher turnover of campaigns.

Then there is the corporate address. Had a friend in the area drive by that office complex before COVID in 2020 hit. Described it as just a big empty office space.

View attachment 82838

Oh! Then there's Sunray Trust. Apparently, GOFBA pays Sunray a large monthly sum for computer tower leasing. The lease I found online for 2020 was for $87,516.00 monthly. People I talk to that are familiar with these sort of things say that this is large corporation credit card company type of shit that you need to pay that much monthly for data. When I look at the lease agreement, it shows Anna Chin (Bills wife) as the trustee or owner for Sunray trust. That seems like a huge conflict to me! Makes me wonder if GOFBA is a shell company being used to funnel money into Sunray Trust.

View attachment 82839

Now, I could think of thousand$ of reasons why I would want to be wrong about all of this, but things just seem a LITTLE off and can you blame me for wondering?
First of all, we have software and algorithms that prevent tracking for our sites. That’s why you get a “zero” instead of ANY numbers… That should have been obvious… Second, what should it matter that we get our mail in Ontario? Third, the FACT that you and Jeff cooked this up, and lied to all of us must be shared, pretending like you guys had not already discussed this together. Forth, accusing my wife of being affiliated with the CCP (to several members here) is not only a lie, but utterly disgraceful. Last, every company has lawsuits, it is the nature of the industry.
I agree that we can have honest and transparent discussions here, but when John accuses me of blocking his number (told to several members here) and not being able to talk to me, is just another lie. You have not tried to communicate with me at all. If you had any questions, you should have asked instead of creating this fake thread with Jeff. Very juvenile and deceptive.

First of all, we have software and algorithms that prevent tracking for our sites. That’s why you get a “zero” instead of ANY numbers… That should have been obvious… Second, what should it matter that we get our mail in Ontario? Third, the FACT that you and Jeff cooked this up, and lied to all of us must be shared, pretending like you guys had not already discussed this together. Forth, accusing my wife of being affiliated with the CCP (to several members here) is not only a lie, but utterly disgraceful. Last, every company has lawsuits, it is the nature of the industry.
I agree that we can have honest and transparent discussions here, but when John accuses me of blocking his number (told to several members here) and not being able to talk to me, is just another lie. You have not tried to communicate with me at all. If you had any questions, you should have asked instead of creating this fake thread with Jeff. Very juvenile and deceptive.
Zero trackers - That sounds like a terrible business plan. I know as a former web based business, the first thing we wanted to see was the amount of paid clicks and organic traffic coming to the site before we would advertise on their site.

You yourself said your wife's ex husband (not her) had ties to the CCP. Or, was that not true and you forgot? I only told one person that as far as I know.

Someone reached out to me about a year ago asking why you suddenly started posting all this weird religious stuff on Facebook. I went to check and couldn't find anything about you on my profile or people who were mutual friends. Not even your father's profile. So, I surmised you had blocked me. I've been told since, you both have completely deleted FB. Not an admission of any wrongdoing, but still odd.
I never told anyone you blocked my phone number though. Even though I have no desire to speak privately.

Whoever is telling you this stuff is getting their stories a little mixed up

Anyone telling you Jeff and I cooked this up is assuming a lot.

You stated to the SEC "your offices are located at". Seems misleading., Why not get a mail box somewhere instead of a virtual office in a big empty building. I did that once. It was cheap and it wasn't a P.O. Box.

Besides, you once told me you had hundreds of employees working at that office. You also stated, you took a second and third mortgage out on your home and OFFICE, in your first response post in this thread. Thing is, when you tell so many lies, you start to forget which ones you told. 😉

So, where is the money from all the pre-ipo investors? As someone pointed out, there's zero revenue with GOFBA and those latest filings don't look promising. As still a private company that hasn't gone public, that money should all be sitting in escrow somewhere. I'm assuming it's not?

Again, I stand behind everything I've said. I came to you after you posted on here that you were getting ready to go public with your company. But, you approached me with the amazing investment opportunity, but I needed to act very fast, because you were only doing this a short time for friends and family, at a reduced rate before going public in the upcoming few months. Nowhere, was there a mention of six long years. I took the plunge then because I trusted you without any real research on my end. I don't trust you now....

Edited to add:

"Whoever is telling you this stuff is getting their stories a little mixed up"

Last edited:
I have remained silent for a few reasons. One, because I am dumbfounded with where this has gone. Two, I know nothing about IPO’s or any rules, laws, or restrictions in place by the SEC. Three, I don’t have a dog in the fight.

But what I do know a lot about is handling sensitive issues at high levels of company business. I am not unique in that knowledge as I guarantee there are many members here who have been in meetings, and possibly in control of, the executive officer levels of business. So let’s all be real honest here, there are a million ways to deal with things that are “not supposed to be talked about”, it happens every day. There is always a way, in business, to do the right thing so the BS about not being “allowed” to communicate is just that, BS. If a principal is allowed to solicit investors by explaining the concept, and explaining the urgency, then they are certainly allowed to explain why the IPO is being delayed, not to mention the obligation to “friends and family” of being upfront and honest.

If it turns out that Bill’s lack of communication with investors was just bad decision making on his part, and he ultimately makes things right, then I will provide a heartfelt apology. If it turns out that there is a something more sinister behind all of this, then I am glad I asked.

Additionally, Bill, let’s keep the assumptions out of this please! Because based on the “facts” presented here, God knows what kind of shitshow this would become if everyone started posting assumptions!

Jeff,

The obvious question is "Why"?

Why have you all of a sudden taken an interest in Gofba?

Why, after having knowledge of all the information John has accumulated about Gofba, for months if not years, would you want to touch it with a ten foot pole?

Knowing you've had the "backstory" info, why would you, with "no dog in the fight", be innocently asking about info so you could invest? Again, it has the appearance of a stinker, based on John's investigation.

I understand why many of these fellas are asking questions, as they had invested early on, and I have no issue with them wanting answers. Actually, I have no issue with discussing the entire investment/plan/time frame/etc for Gofba, so at least everyone is on the same page. Apparently only Rod "really" wanted answers though, because he actually called Bill to discuss. But you, I can't figure out why you have become interested all of a sudden.

I'm interested in your response, truly. My issue with this thread is the way in which it began. After reading your admonishments of Bill in regards to assumptions, I'll refrain from mine until I hear back.

Floyd T

Status
Not open for further replies.