• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Back in YOUR newbness

When I started, Peterson cigars were on clearance. Box of 25 for $60. I ended up buying 3 boxes as I learned how to smoke and store cigars properly. Good smoke, and I still have a few left. Wish I bought more, because these mild cigars are much better than the $7 mild cigars I have tried.

First box was Padron 2000 maduro. Still one of the best cigars around IMHO and never disappoints.

I bought singles and 5vers for a long time, but the 1st box was VSG Torpedos. I still have a couple and they are old enough to have the band with a smooth top (original band)

Ken

My first box was a 5 Vegas Gold Nugget more than a year ago. I still think 5 Vegas Gold nugget is a good mild smoke; however this line is very inconsistant from vitola to vitola (I have tried robusto, toro, box pressed robusto, nugget, churchill). I had to trash the box pressed after 1/2 inch into the smoke.

Even though I think it is a good mild smoke, I still regard this decision as a newbie mistake. I am still
having around 15 nuggets sitting in the humidor wasting my space.

edit: for grammar

how long before you made your first box purchase?

I'm just a singles hitter so far, still waiting for that one smoke that makes me go, "DAMN" gotta have a box of these! :cool:

Actually, I am a good example of great marketing. I took advantage of the free CAO offer around 3 years ago, and had it sent to multiple locations. After burning through those 6 or 7 cigars, I was hooked. I was suckered into a few sample deals from CI, and they picked up a box of CAO CX2's with a free Cubist ashtray, and bought 3 of the Holt's '06 Carlito's sampler (the one with the Anejo Sand Shark). After that, I was a singles guy for a while until I developed a taste for what I liked.

My first Box was the Alec Bradley MAXX Cultures, I still have about 6 of them, but I bought it a few months after deciding to dive head first into cigars, after smoking them off and on for about 11 years. Now I buy 5ers or single from the B&M, not buying another box for awhile.

*edited for spelling

First Boxes were...
CAO Italia
CAO Anniversario Cameroon
CAO eXtreme

I have bought few CAOs since then...
Moved onto greener pastures I guess.

All I remember is the smokes all got considerably bettter with 6 months of age on them.

-Rob

My first box purchase was for a box of Punch Punch from an LCDH while on vacation overseas. I figured that they would last me a few years, what the heck. A month later, I was out of cigars and purchased a box of Fuente Chateau Fuente Maduros.

The last box I bought was Partags Series P No. 2's. Man, I love cigars...I would have 100,000 boxes of them if I could.

My first box purchase was for a box of Punch Punch from an LCDH while on vacation overseas. I figured that they would last me a few years, what the heck. A month later, I was out of cigars and purchased a box of Fuente Chateau Fuente Maduros.

The last box I bought was Partags Series P No. 2's. Man, I love cigars...I would have 100,000 boxes of them if I could.

lol. If you smoke sixty eight PSP2 each day, you will still take 100 years to finish all 100,000 boxes :p
10,000 boxes is good enough for me :laugh:

as I recall, my first box was Arturo Fuente Petit Corona Maduros - picked them up last winter while in DR on vacation, original intention was to share them out to friends but I ended up trying some myself and decided this was maybe a hobby I'd be interested in... :)