• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Back in YOUR newbness

how long before you made your first box purchase?

I'm just a singles hitter so far, still waiting for that one smoke that makes me go, "DAMN" gotta have a box of these! :cool:

I bought my first box, a month after I started up. Now I can't stop buying them and I am quickly running out of space.

My first box was bought 1 month after being here. I had a singles addiction, now a box addiction followed by a single addiction.

First box was about 3 months after I bought a humidor, and it was a box of Pardon Maduro 2000s. Second box was months later, a box of Padron Anni 64 Exclusivos, also Maddie. A vinotemp followed, which is now way to full.

Joined early Oct, made my first purchase Oct 21 from the Devil site, 20 Rocky Patel mega sampler. Tons of samplers ensued from there, Famous, Tinderbox, and my first "box" purchase was from Atlantic. CAO Italias that came in with extremely yellow cello and smoked excellent IMHO. :) It's been one helluva ride since!

First box was in 1975. It was one of Thompson's "house blends" (allegedly from smuggled Cuban tobacco seeds blah blah blah)

Second box (Padilla Series 1968) was July of this year about a month after joining CigarPass... third box (Illusione -2-) was in August... fourth box (WOAM) was a couple weeks ago.

I want more..and more..and more...

Couple months after I got my first 20ct humi, I bought a box of Don Kiki Brown Label Figurados and had to move up to a cooler. Delicious and don't break the bank.

First box of cigar

Phillies Blunts It's Boy. I was 18, it was not my boy :laugh:

First premium box: AVO 1 Natural

Last box: LFD 2008 A's

Man, this is one of a few things I won't ever forget. 1974, while in college, a box of Monticristo #2s from that ISOM from my Uncle's cigar guy in Newark, NJ. I paid 40 bucks for the box...never was sure what they were supposed to cost, but that's what he charged me. He was as excited as I was to see me get my very own, first box of cigars. He also poured me a glass of home made red wine to celebrate the moment...old Italian guys, they have to mark everything with booze like a male dog pisses on trees!

My first box was last month, purchase a box of Padron 2000 naturals. Since then I have snagged a 1926 sampler, lots of singles and a box of 1964 torpedo's natural. I hope to get a box of 80th's and a box of Opus X or Sharks but those have been too hard to track down. The 80th's I'm just waiting for another Padron order through Jim on.

I bought my first box the day I decided to smoke cigars. They're cheaper that way. BTW, I've never been a newbie; I've always been old.

Doc.

Well i guess you can count the Sopranos sampler boxes i got about 6mo ago, other than that i am still a singles whore.

I bought my first box last August, they were CAO braizilia GOLs with some age on them. Things have been picking up speed after that, working on filling up my coolidor.

how long before you made your first box purchase?

I'm just a singles hitter so far, still waiting for that one smoke that makes me go, "DAMN" gotta have a box of these! :cool:

You just hit the nail on the head, wait till a cigar makes you say "Damn". When that happens keep your eyes out for a good deal and grab em'. Never a hurry to buy a box, don't want to be stuck with 24 or so cigars you wish you didn't buy!!

first box was the CI Legends Orange Label (Rocky Patel) in 2006.
Latest purchases were the Pete Johnson Frankensteins and a box of Bolivar Gold Medals.