• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are you bombing for the right reason?

Bruce,

So are those the only reasons to send a bomb? What if you just wanted to send out some unexpected holiday cheer to a friend or felt like being generous because you have the means to be generous. I completely agree that sending bombs as currency for n00bs to get acknowledged is bad form. I also agree that bombs should never be about the sender or about getting anything back in return. But can't someone just send some freakin' cigars to another cigar smoker because they were unexpected and will be enjoyed?

Fish

Absolutely, Bro! That's precisely my point. ALL bombs are for the gratification of the sender. For me, that gratification is in doing something for my target. My problem is when that gratification is in scoring points, either with the recipient or with the community as a whole.

Bruce,

After reading the post and replies, I just felt compelled to respond.

For all the New CP'ers out there this is your chance to do a test bomb run. My address is listed in my profile(please remember to look it up, and not just ask me for it) simply right it down on USPS delivery conformation receipt (green one). link. See link for more information. Pick out the proper packaging material. Send.

I will be glad to send you a personal message cur-ticking your packaging method, and thanking you for the cigars. :thumbs:

You obviously didn't read my post just above. Stop copying the master.

Bruce,

After reading the post and replies, I just felt compelled to respond.

For all the New CP'ers out there this is your chance to do a test bomb run. My address is listed in my profile(please remember to look it up, and not just ask me for it) simply right it down on USPS delivery conformation receipt (green one). link. See link for more information. Pick out the proper packaging material. Send.

I will be glad to send you a personal message cur-ticking your packaging method, and thanking you for the cigars. :thumbs:

1131.jpg

WHAT !!!

Bruce,

So are those the only reasons to send a bomb? What if you just wanted to send out some unexpected holiday cheer to a friend or felt like being generous because you have the means to be generous. I completely agree that sending bombs as currency for n00bs to get acknowledged is bad form. I also agree that bombs should never be about the sender or about getting anything back in return. But can't someone just send some freakin' cigars to another cigar smoker because they were unexpected and will be enjoyed?

Fish

Absolutely, Bro! That's precisely my point. ALL bombs are for the gratification of the sender. For me, that gratification is in doing something for my target. My problem is when that gratification is in scoring points, either with the recipient or with the community as a whole.

This is a great thread and will probably (read: should) be read by anyone who is thinking of bombing/gifting for the first time, or even as a refresher. If you are a N00b and are looking for credibility take my advice:

Street credibility is always earned and never blindly given away

Howard

Interesting topic.

I lean toward being quiet about giving and receiving gifts - not really even a fan of the term bombing.

If I send something out (and I don't do it that often), it's to brighten someone's day. There's no expectation of public acknowledgment or response in kind involved, or desired.

That doesn't mean it's wrong to want kudos, but if someone's were sending stuff out to people just for the "attaboys," I guess my reaction would be, "why?" It might take a little longer, but going about gifting quietly will get you as good, or better, a reputation as a bunch of LOOK AT ME posts.

I agree with bruce 150% I have made several posts about this which i wont bother to link. I do think there is a big circle jerk going of ass kissing then when you call the folks out they are like yeah your right i get it . Then the next day the circle jerk is on again. It is a free world do what you want but me personally i know who the brown noses are and will avoid them at all costs respect is not bought it is earned. Don't bother pming me about how i misunderstood the concept I did not and I really don't want to here it. also a newer person is a newer person what exactly is a good noob and if good noobs get bombed who are the bad noobs because I want to bomb them. My last question is who gave anyone the right to say who is good and bad I thought the dumb asses sorted themselves out.

I f your only claim to fame is a link in your sig tag were you bombed a bunch of older members to get recognition and a picture of a cigar band involved in that "war" you may want to rethink what cp is about. I like Rays link in his sig tag at least I can say wow this guy has really contributed look at all these awesome reviews.

Well normally this is were I say i dont mean to offend anyone but fuck that the way some of you carry on around here offends me.

Amen. An excellent post.

I also noticed a trend in these "out of control look at me bombings"

One of the best feelings in the world is trying to fulfill someones wishlist. And yes all of this can be done behind the scenes and HUSH HUSH.

Many of the members on here bombe so many ppl but yet they never seek attention for it.

I will be glad once these look at me posts are done. And we can get back to nameless bombing!

Normally I don't respond to the various bombing threads that pop up everyday and personally haven't "bombed" anybody recently, but I don't understand where you, Double D, are getting off calling acts of generorsity a "circle jerk." Your comments were a little much. I'm sure some newer members bomb to get reconcgnition and "earn respect," but most of these guys are doing it to be generous and shouldn't be called out for making threads about giving away cigars to a fellow brother.

We can find out pretty quickly who is a "brown-noser," but this crap of making people feel bad for bombing others and posting about it is the real circle-jerk.

if the shoe fits wear it and i am not calling all bombing a circle jerk. Just the look at me ones and I am pretty sure those folks know who they are. I bomb regularly and ask that it not be advertised smokey kind of snuck one into the lobby on me and to be honest I was embarrassed to see it there.

If your only claim to fame is a link in your sig tag were you bombed a bunch of older members to get recognition and a picture of a cigar band involved in that "war" you may want to rethink what cp is about.

....still taking shots at me huh?

is your sig tag your only claim to fame I don't know and don't recall saying anyones name.

Snip>also a newer person is a newer person what exactly is a good noob and if good noobs get bombed who are the bad noobs because I want to bomb them. My last question is who gave anyone the right to say who is good and bad I thought the dumb asses sorted themselves out.

I f your only claim to fame is a link in your sig tag were you bombed a bunch of older members to get recognition and a picture of a cigar band involved in that "war" you may want to rethink what cp is about. I like Rays link in his sig tag at least I can say wow this guy has really contributed look at all these awesome reviews.

Well normally this is were I say i dont mean to offend anyone but fuck that the way some of you carry on around here offends me.

I take exception to this. No one is saying there are bad noobs, except for the ones who were outed. You seem to be taking something that was meant as a way to really take someone who contributed to CP, and make their day, and turn it into something that is distasteful. If you look at the last two of these bombings, you will see clearly mentioned that there are others deserving, but only three were picked. So, NO ONE took the right upon themselves to say there are bad ones. If you thought that, you did it all on your own.

Could the whole thing have been done quieter? Perhaps! But, if your saying that People like Jonesy, or Norcalcigarlover, who have sigs refering to the "wars" don't get it because of this. I think you are being awful judgemental. The guys who did those cigar bands put a lot of effort into what was a fun project and they were proud of what was a fun group effort. For you to belittle it in the manner you did, I think is just plain wrong. You need to take more of a "To each his own" atitude, I think. It's not all about ass kissing, and chest beating as you seem fit to interpit it. I've sent quite a few bombs off as of the last run in that you, Shawn, Brian, and I had. It was not until then that I realized that, the public eye was not the way things were "expected" to be done around here. I have made it pretty clear in all of them (recent bombings) that I now prefer just a note letting me know they came in okay. Point being, that I want you to just think..............Is it possible, that it's not all about chest thumping/ass kissing, but rather this is what we observed when we joined, and learned as the standard as a result?