• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your latest Pipe and tobacco purchase?

Christmas Cheer is todays big winner it looks like! Glad I got two tins!

Can't wait to try this...it'll be my holiday treat to myself.

For anyone that has had it, what is the room note like on this? I know it is primarily VA but I hope it is not too offensive to any non-smokers.

EDIT

Pipes and Cigars.com are fast! I just received my order this morning. I placed the order Wednesday at 3 and chose the standard UPS shipping!!!! That is great service.

just bought this savinelli from frenchy's for only $35 brand new. It's part of the "natural" series. which means they are a higher end pipe, but they found some defect in the grain of the wood (most of them you can't even see with the naked eye), so they sell them for super cheap. I am going to only smoke haunted bookshop out of this lil' guy.

2870526891_c07eae0969.jpg

got this in last night, great smoker! Very comfortable. I look forward to breaking this in.

My first Peretti order! :p

4 oz. CUBAN MIXTURE
4 oz. CAMBRIDGE FLAKE
2 oz. TASHKENT
2 oz. ROYAL BLEND - (high percentage of the finest Yenidje and NO latakia) :)
2 oz. D-7485

Got a "special package" from PipesandCigars.com the other day, and I can not say enough good things about the people over there. Great business, super fast shipping and great customer service!

The package included Robert McConnell's Glen Piper, a ready rubbed Virginia plug and Black Cavendish with the aroma of sun-dried fruit, and Cornell & Diehl's Bow-Legged Bear, a full English blend with Virginias, Turkish, Latakia, Burley & Perique, stoved, pressed, and sliced as crumble cake.

Both sound great and have good reviews on TR.com!

Walked into the local shop in Decatur, IL yesterday and said give me 8oz of what you recommend. Not even sure what it's called, but it's mighty tasty.

Walked into the local shop in Decatur, IL yesterday and said give me 8oz of what you recommend. Not even sure what it's called, but it's mighty tasty.
Interesting, Wyatt. Are there different colors like black, tan, and/or red? Or is it green with flowers dripping with resin? ;)

Went to the Austin City Limits festival over the weekend and my hotel was walking distance to Heroes & Legacies. Picked up tins of Nightcap and St. James Woods as well as an ebony Peterson Bulldog. Very nice score. :thumbs:

Last night I picked up a GBD Midnight full bent Brandy. I smoked a bowl out of it and I had trouble keeping it lit. I think a tighter pack should help. I'll post a picture soon as I can.

Well the GBD is great with a tighter pack. I think the bore is too wide maybe?

So I bought a MM General for a whopping $10, just as a knockaround pipe in my truck? This pipe is fantastic. The flavors of the tobacco are amazing. I smoked 3 bowls of Dunhill MM 965 yesterday. Now I think I want the MM Freehand.

I just don't want to abandon my briars. :(

Let's see, I just picked up the following from Pipesand cigars.com:

Frog Morton Out on the town

GL Pease Westminster

Christmas Cheer 2008

S Gawith Full Virginia Flake

CAO Da Vinci

CAO Treasures of Ireland Galway

WO Larsen Signature Mixture

And a few pipes from ebay to help spread it around.
P7301817.jpg

Just bought a tub of Carter Hall.

Hard to find up here, but for a "drug store" tobacco, it is remarkable in the flavor and ease of smoking. Between this and my precious VA/PER blends I am set for the winter.

Popped into the local B&M today and picked up a 100g tin of Christmas Cheer 07 :thumbs: and a 50g tin of FMOTT :) . Very happy about this. It was the only one of the 07 CC they had. ALso picked up a few sticks I've never had before. All in all it was a nice haul for me. Can't wait to get home and try the Christmas Cheer!!

Also how can you tell the date on tinned tobacco? The Christmas Cheer is obvious but the FFMOTT has like 5-6 random numbers on the bottom. Thanks
Chris

Also how can you tell the date on tinned tobacco? The Christmas Cheer is obvious but the FFMOTT has like 5-6 random numbers on the bottom. Thanks
Chris

For McClelland blends: The fist two numbers are the blend, the second two are an internal batch number (some think the lower the batch number the earlier it was produced, but I haven't seen confirmation), and the last two are the year.

GL Pease and Cornell & Diehl (who blends and tins the Pease tobacco) blends are pretty straightforward: 021607 for Feb 16, 2007.

I don't know how to get an accurate date on any other manufacturers. You can sometimes get a general idea of the decade or era by the tin style of some other tobaccos, but it's hit or miss.

AHH thanks. The FMOTT had a date of 06 on it. Pretty cool. I opened up both of them to smell them and man they smelled incredible. I am very excited to try them . Thanks again Alan.
Chris

I kinda went overboard. :)

Stokkebye Balkan Supreme Smoking Mixture bulk 4oz

McClelland Bulk MC 5100 Red Cake bulk 4oz

Samuel Gawith Golden Glow

(3)McClelland Grand Orientals Yenice Agonya

McConnell's Pure Latakia(Syrian)

McClellands Blending Oriental

GL Pease Key Largo

G.L. Pease Odyssey

G.L. Pease Robusto

Cornell & Diehl Exhausted Rooster

McClelland Bulk MC 5100 Red Cake bulk 4oz

I loooooooove this tobacco, but for the life of me can not get it to burn all the way to the bottom. There is some sort of humectant in it that prevents it from drying out completely. I let a sample sit out for 4 days straight to no avail. The first 1/2 of the bowl is amazing, but will always leave wet dottle at the bottom. It is delicious though. I was thinking of trying some Prince Albert or other burley blend on the bottom and packing the top with 5100, but I've yet to try it.

Enjoy this blend and let me know how you do with it!!!!

I am a big re-lighter. I puff a bit and then put it down so this might help me a bit with this problem. I do know what you mean, though. I don't think they use humectant on it because I can usually tell by the sticky texture. But I guess if they used a small amount it might be hard to detect.

I've gone through 4 oz and this is my second 4 and I love it straight or with a bit of oriental or cigar leaf. Great stuff! ;)

Steve

I smoked a bowl of Red Cake while watching the Phillies' bats come back to life. I was able to smoke all but the last 1/4 inch which was very wet. The humidity dropped with the change in seasons and that helps get everything a bit dryer. The flavor is better, too.

Bought some more Escudo.

What can I say. I am freaking addicted to this blend. :cool: