• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's Your Go To Cigar Type ?

What's Your Go To Cigar Type ?

• Cigarillo

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Corona

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Double Corona

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Robusto

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Lancero

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Toro

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Gordo (6 x 60 - ish)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Churchill

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Torpedo

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
I like a good Robusto, always have, and anything that falls in that range of 5x50 +/- a 1/2 inch and a guage or 2.
Over the past year I have really gotten into Figurados with Belicosos and perfectos topping that list.

I like the change in flavor profile the un-uniformed shape creates.

Great topic!

I tend to lean towards a robusto size, because I like the flavor profile of that size and typically don't have a lot of time to smoke the larger sized cigars.

This is a funny topic because the longer I smoke the less practical choices exist. Granted I basically don’t buy cigars anymore so maybe I am sleeping on some newer stuff, but the drive towards more profitable big ring cigars has been happening for a long time. I miss having a variety of thinner rg coronas, panatelas, and lancero variations to pick from.
Even on NC product you now basically get the choice between donkey dick cigars that take 2+ hours to smoke, robustos, or the angry inch girth monsters. Big cigars are fine for the right situation but will never showcase the blend/wrapper like something thinner. Robos are… fine. To me they are the generic “let’s have a cigar”, the safest path to something tolerable but a jack of all trades and master of none. The girth nubs I don’t understand at all, you might as well buy a good DC instead and cut it into thirds than smoking some 3 inch 60 rg jaw breaker.

Put differently I would gladly give up every single production cigar over 50 RG if they brought back bolivar coronas or QdO pans. Or even on the NC side, where the hell are the opus PL?

I’m with Phil.

Although I’ll smoke anything, I prefer less than a 50/52 ring gauge cigar.

My favorite size is a 46 ring gauge.

Favorite cigar is the Anejo 46 (46 RG, 5 5/8”).

ETA:

I guess that makes my favorite size a Corona or Corona Gorda.

Same here. Love a good robusto and a toro, but the super fat big ring smokes are a turn off. Love the little 4x40 Tat Black Petite Coronas for AM with coffee smokes. The Fabrica5 'Queen Corona' has been a wonderful surprise. But, the 60+ RG smokes.....hard pass.

Basically what I have time for and interests me. I enjoy a good pantela as well as 52/54 rg robustos or torros currenlty. One of my weekly smokes is a 7x54 churchill. My neighbor and I typically sit out every night in the spring and summer, for about an hour and a half to two hours, so a toro fits this smoking session great.

I also find my preference changes every so often.

As stated above, I usually just grab a robusto-ish because that fits the time that I usually have. On the nights before I have to get up a 3am for work, a petite corona is perfect. I’ve only had a handful of lanceros, but I have enjoyed each one and am planning to stock more. Lately, the corona gorda has been a frequent choice because it’s an all around great size for me. Toros do make the list because it seems like a lot of LE’s and such only come in that vitola. Well hell, I guess it boils down to that I’ll smoke about anything! Except I don’t care for gordos and churchills…

Is it true that smoking those big hogs makes you gay? It’s ok if you like those John Holmes cigars, judgement free zone.
Prefer coronas and lanceros, my lack of attention span doesn’t work well with long smokes, 45min-1hr is about all I can do. Agree w Insight on the PL.

Is it true that smoking those big hogs makes you gay? It’s ok if you like those John Holmes cigars, judgement free zone.
Prefer coronas and lanceros, my lack of attention span doesn’t work well with long smokes, 45min-1hr is about all I can do. Agree w Insight on the PL.
I heard he ended up getting job pumping gas but got fire because he kept pulling the hose out spraying it all over the cars.