• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wells Banana Bread Beer. ???

Well, I couldnt resist this one when I saw it.
And what a lovely drop of ale. I will definatly be drinking this one again.

LINKY

I have had this before. I was quite surprised that I enjoyed it.

Stone Pale Ale and a bottle of Yards Thomas Jefferson's Tavern Ale from Mike which I am pretty sure has soured. I read its reviews and didn't see anyone mention any of the flavors I was experiencing. Oddly it was still pretty decent.

Stone Pale Ale and a bottle of Yards Thomas Jefferson's Tavern Ale from Mike which I am pretty sure has soured. I read its reviews and didn't see anyone mention any of the flavors I was experiencing. Oddly it was still pretty decent.
These "Ales of the Revolution" beers go through weird periods as they age. The TJ is the strongest of the three, so it holds up the best, but it goes from a strong ale, to a bit of a sour (though I don't think there's any open fermentation involved), to a big, sweet malt bomb. Looks like you got it at the halfway point.

It's not bad, but you definitely have to take the time to enjoy it. They're served year-round at the City Tavern, a colonial historic tavern in Olde City, and they pair them with all sorts of authentic (and sometimes gamey) dishes. Seems to do them wonders.

Justin had the Franklin "Poor Richards" tavern spruce ale and got a big mouthful of citrus from molasses and pine...go figure!

I had some Sam Adams Octoberfest - it is all I have left. Although the Sam Adams is one of favorite Oktoberfest beers.

Sam Adams Oktoberfest for the seasonal experience.

Dogfish Head 60 and 90 minute IPA as my staple....yes, I'm a hophead.

Would love to find the 120 min, but never have in NJ.

I had some Spaten Octorberfest last night, very nice, a good deal lighter than Sam Adams Octoberfest.

These "Ales of the Revolution" beers go through weird periods as they age. The TJ is the strongest of the three, so it holds up the best, but it goes from a strong ale, to a bit of a sour (though I don't think there's any open fermentation involved), to a big, sweet malt bomb. Looks like you got it at the halfway point.

It's not bad, but you definitely have to take the time to enjoy it. They're served year-round at the City Tavern, a colonial historic tavern in Olde City, and they pair them with all sorts of authentic (and sometimes gamey) dishes. Seems to do them wonders.

Justin had the Franklin "Poor Richards" tavern spruce ale and got a big mouthful of citrus from molasses and pine...go figure!

Its odd that they age and go through such different periods so quickly. I almost wished I had waited until it was the malt bomb but it was still tasty.

Yeah, wasn''t expecting the lemon at all, but it was really good!

Its odd that they age and go through such different periods so quickly. I almost wished I had waited until it was the malt bomb but it was still tasty.

I'm so glad my bottle got lost in the cellar! :D

Where's the Masala review slacker?!?

Where's the Masala review slacker?!?
Hey, he's been watching the Phillies...give him a break! His arms get tired standing up on the roof holding aerial antennas out there in the boonies. :sign:

http://www.oaktreebuyrite.com/

Oak Tree carries them, and also carries aged ones as well. Best beer store in the area, IMO. I make the 25 minute each way drive from Staten Island at least once a month. Great group of guys as well

http://www.oaktreebuyrite.com/

Oak Tree carries them, and also carries aged ones as well. Best beer store in the area, IMO. I make the 25 minute each way drive from Staten Island at least once a month. Great group of guys as well
Thanks Gregg....that's about an hour and change from my house. I have my local Buy Rite looking into it now to see if she can get it for me. If not, I had a BOTL offer to send me some...but I will be going up that way next Thursday and that can be my fall back.

Thanks again for the info :thumbs:

I just picked up some Pocono Lager, nice local brew nice amber color it is actually a little light for an amber lager to me but still very tasty. I like my lagers a bit more heavy and a little stronger than this.

I just picked up some Pocono Lager, nice local brew nice amber color it is actually a little light for an amber lager to me but still very tasty. I like my lagers a bit more heavy and a little stronger than this.
The Pocono is good...you should try Steg 150 if you like a more full-bodied lager. The Lion is really stepping up their game since the new management team came in. I just read that they're reviving Liebotschaner Cream Ale, too...even hired a marketing team!

Miller High Life. It is our staff beer we reward to the guys for a good night's service. I sat down in the restaurant dining room with a front of the house manager toward the end of service to try the new menu items. The 03 Chateauneuf du Pape paired well with the squab, and the Black Muscat with the fig-vanilla panna cotta. But the high life with the guys brought many more laughs. It turns out, its not what, but with whom.

Status
Not open for further replies.