• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s on the grill/smoker today? 2021

My first attempt at a venison neck roast. Rubbed with spicy mustard as a binder then rubbed with season salt, black pepper, Dan-O's Original and Dan-O's Spicy.

Resting in the dutch oven while I do a few errands. Placed on the smoker at high temp to sear and crust. Then I will lower the smoker temp and cook for a few hours. Then back into this dutch oven for a few hours at 175.

View attachment 76769

View attachment 76770

I will update as the process goes on.
no live stream?

My first attempt at a venison neck roast. Rubbed with spicy mustard as a binder then rubbed with season salt, black pepper, Dan-O's Original and Dan-O's Spicy.

Resting in the dutch oven while I do a few errands. Placed on the smoker at high temp to sear and crust. Then I will lower the smoker temp and cook for a few hours. Then back into this dutch oven for a few hours at 175.

View attachment 76769

View attachment 76770

Browned some fresh pressed garlic in butter and added a can of mushrooms and a can of green chilies to simmer.

View attachment 76782

Added a quart and a half of beef stock and brought to a boil.

View attachment 76783
I will update as the process goes on.
I forgot to take a final picture but this turned out to be an exceptional pot roast. I will never butcher another deer without taking the neck roast.

It's 3 degrees today but I am smoking trail bologna anyway! I am having fun experimenting with different things to do with all the deer meat I have!:)

Two regular trail bologna with horseradish cheese and jalapeno.

Two Garlic Chili with smoked cheddar cheese and jalapeno.

One Garlic Chili with smoked cheddar cheese and jalapeno and extra fat.

1705326871331.png

It's 3 degrees today but I am smoking trail bologna anyway! I am having fun experimenting with different things to do with all the deer meat I have!:)

View attachment 77757
Addy in profile!

Made ribs last night to eat during the playoff games.
IMG_9808.jpegIMG_9810.jpeg

View attachment 77757
Those look delicious

View attachment 77757
Looks great! There is an inch and a half of ice on my smoker, so I need to wait until I can get that off before I can get it going, but I am inspired. :)

There is same amount of ice on the swim spa cover..day 2 of trying to remove it. 75 percent clear but still can’t open it.

View attachment 77757
Do you need my adress?

Do you need my adress?
Looks great! There is an inch and a half of ice on my smoker, so I need to wait until I can get that off before I can get it going, but I am inspired. :)

There is same amount of ice on the swim spa cover..day 2 of trying to remove it. 75 percent clear but still can’t open it.
I would be happy to host a trail bologna / cigar tasting😁