• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

VSG Spellbound

How does one find out how if it is a fresh stick or not? My B&M has them in stock but I don't know for how long.

That probably depends on your B&M. The 3 I frequent generally don't have them in stock all the time, so I expect when I see them there, they are pretty fresh.

The VSG is my favorite, with the Torpedo at the top of the list, followed by the Sorcerer. As others have said, the nic kick is generally not that bad, but I haven't smoked the Spellbound.

Smoke em and enjoy em!

Ken

The vsg is my favorite cigar. (gc,illusion,belicoso) The nic kick is not bad i can smoke them on an empty stomach but everybody has a different tolerance level. Let us know how it goes.

I just came in from sampling my very 1st VSG (Illusion) which has been in my humi for 8 months. I agree with everything stated above and will add that while this cigar was just ok to my tastes, I think major aging (years) would make this a great cigar.

While I tend to think the VSGs are more full bodied, I've never been kicked in the stomach by the nicotine. The larger ring gauges, to me, aren't what the VSGs are about. While they're good IMO, try a Tres Mystique or Corona Gorda to really get the VSG profile.

What to expect? Expect about 90 minutes of smoking, medium-full bodied, not too bad of a nicotine kick, with a great SG flavor.

Of course, I'm not really a great reviewer, but I think you'll enjoy it.

I agree, I have smoked all sizes of these and the smaller ring guages pack the spice punch I'm looking for in this brand. Not the larger ring gauges are not good, just different.

Mark

For the first time this spring I ordered ten VSG torpedo's and the first one was good smoke with great construction a nice cigar. When I put the rest away and got back to them four months later it was a much better smoke than I remembered and very smooth not harsh or too strong. Just for good measure I lit up one of my Opus' that same day and found that I liked the VSG better (haven't retested that theory yet) . The great thing about cigars is that it is all subjective and experimenting and finding what you like is what makes it fun. Plus aging and storing to me is fun especially when you can see the improvement in a cigar months down the road.

For the first time this spring I ordered ten VSG torpedo's and the first one was good smoke with great construction a nice cigar. When I put the rest away and got back to them four months later it was a much better smoke than I remembered and very smooth not harsh or too strong. Just for good measure I lit up one of my Opus' that same day and found that I liked the VSG better (haven't retested that theory yet) . The great thing about cigars is that it is all subjective and experimenting and finding what you like is what makes it fun. Plus aging and storing to me is fun especially when you can see the improvement in a cigar months down the road.
They are definitely smoother than young Opus. Opus that are at least a couple of years old are sublime, though.

I may have to get a few more VSGs and try them with some age, all of the examples I've smoked were quite young...

While I tend to think the VSGs are more full bodied, I've never been kicked in the stomach by the nicotine. The larger ring gauges, to me, aren't what the VSGs are about. While they're good IMO, try a Tres Mystique or Corona Gorda to really get the VSG profile.

What to expect? Expect about 90 minutes of smoking, medium-full bodied, not too bad of a nicotine kick, with a great SG flavor.

Of course, I'm not really a great reviewer, but I think you'll enjoy it.

I agree, I have smoked all sizes of these and the smaller ring guages pack the spice punch I'm looking for in this brand. Not the larger ring gauges are not good, just different.

Mark
I have found the smaller ring gauges are stronger and have more of the tobacco that gives the smoke the flavor. Smaller ring means less filler needed.

Stinki

Verdict is in:

That was definately different ... not in a bad way at all!
I love the AF Sun Grown line and found this to be a bit similar to the King B, Although it was more flavorful and it had a bit of a citrus aftertaste. Draw was good and burn was even, got a nice buzz not overpowering. I have to say I have a new favorite. I enjoyed this cigar very much.

I will be filling my coolidor with some VSG's as soon as I can. :D

Glad you like them they are my fav also. Padron anv. 1964 close second though.