• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

US District Court Refund Notice

You make a strong argument for claiming a refund. I hope that those who avail themselves of this refund enjoy that lil' extra dough coming their way.

Lots of people have and will receive these notices. Grandmas, librarians, you name it. People who have completely "innocent" purchases. I am a subset of a group of enthusiasts who may have questionable cigar purchases. I may also have perfectly legal foreign purchases as well. However, due to the former possibility, I will not ever remit this claim for funds.

"The man" can show me all the records they want of what they have on me. I'd never rat myself out. Not even coincidentally, from making a claim for truly legal foreign purchases. As far as I'm concerned, my pocketbook has never strayed from USA shores. It's not worth the relatively paltry sum to me.

To each their own.

Actually, it would be better if more people refrained from claiming this refund...just means a little more of the pie for those that bother to itemize or put down the number of days they were out of the country. :whistling:

I just received mine, it states visa/mc, which I've never used for anything relating to this forum.

But we do race in mexico, and i've used my cards there alot, plus I've made other int'l paypal payments over the years as well.

I can't imagine an inquiry for using option 1, but if you're seeking a higher refund, then there may possibly be some scrutiny.

Well, my wife got one yesterday. And she's never purchased anything questionable. Actually, the only time she says she may have even used her card for a foreign purchase was late 90's on vacation.

You make a strong argument for claiming a refund. I hope that those who avail themselves of this refund enjoy that lil' extra dough coming their way.

Lots of people have and will receive these notices. Grandmas, librarians, you name it. People who have completely "innocent" purchases. I am a subset of a group of enthusiasts who may have questionable cigar purchases. I may also have perfectly legal foreign purchases as well. However, due to the former possibility, I will not ever remit this claim for funds.

"The man" can show me all the records they want of what they have on me. I'd never rat myself out. Not even coincidentally, from making a claim for truly legal foreign purchases. As far as I'm concerned, my pocketbook has never strayed from USA shores. It's not worth the relatively paltry sum to me.

To each their own.

Dude, me thinks your tinfoil hat is too tight. :cool:

I sent mine in. They already had all my information on the sheet, so I'm not exactly giving anything up. Also, I can spin the $25 into a few good sticks. Maybe only 2 good sticks here in CA.

Stink

I got one and the wife got one. For option #2 you still don't have to detail anything beyond the estimated number of days your were traveling out of the country, and then generally categorize where your spending was, choices being; "Traveling on Business", "Visiting friends or relatives", "Vacation or leisure", "Other purpose for travel" and "Illegal contraband/cigars". Well, mine didn't include that last part, did anyone else's?

Wow, I just got one of these letters last week! :0

Hell, I was leary that maybe it was some kind of scam, since there were no names on it.

Upon looking over the letter, my buddy asked me what I'd bought from abroad...and I replied, "Nothing that the damn gov. needs to know about!" ;)

Funny thing is that I don't remember there every being an exorbitant extra CC charge for any foreign purchase I made.

At times like these, I wish hookers accepted Visa...

Doubt it, I don't think it has gone to distribution yet.

Funny you should bring this up. I was just looking at the paperwork I sent in earlier today and wondering WTF they were doing.

If the case went on appeal, as these often do, distribution might end up delayed quite a while while they get it sorted out

I've moved around three different states since I filled it out. There's no way that they're sending anything my way!