• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Turning it down a notch

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
For as long as I can remember, I have been a big bold full bodied cigar smoker. An LFD Double Ligero, Pepin Blue, RoMa Neanderthal, or a My Father really hit my stride.

But, anymore, I seem to be looking for something on the medium side, and aside from the standard Fuente and Pardon, I am looking for cigars that are softer, like me!

I have never liked the Connecticut wrapper, but I am willing to re-explore them. I do love a Sumatra, Oscuro, and Cameroon wrapper, and the Mexican San Andres is starting to gain some traction.

So, I am asking for suggestions, I am not afraid of smaller cigar makers, as long as the cigar is good, then the size of the operation does not really matter

Thak you in advance

T

3 that I thought of right away were Black Star Line Rosewood 1923, Mi Querida Triqui Traca, and Smoking Jacket Mini Henkie. And I can’t not mention one of my very favorites, introduced to me by @CgarDan , the Viaje Rise of Claudenstein!

I’m certain that some folks with a lot more experience than me will help out, but the above sticks hit my adolescent palette quite nicely!

Reactions: MX
Before I stepped away, I loved Illusione, I need to get back into them again, some of them had a great hay/barn yard flavor, that i do really like.
But I have to try and find all my old notes, but that might not be a thing that happens....

Warped, was brand new I think when I got out, and not sure I have ever had a HVC, need to look into them

Rob from the forum 'down under' is working with Hamlet Paredes in Honduras and has come up with quite a line of smokes that are close matches to some of the classic ISOM tastes. No, these aren't 'exactly' the same, no these are not clones....but really stand by them selves as wonderful smokes. Completely different than the classic Nicaraguan style smokes. I really like them. I've split bundles with folks, and they sell 5'ers so it's a very interesting smoke to try. My current fave is the "Queen Corona". From their web page; "...Flavour profile? Montecristo Number 3 meets Trinidad Coloniales...". They've made their way into my rotation, and they are a very nice change up. All these ship out of the US so my orders are typically here in a week or less. Might give them a try:

Rob from the forum 'down under' is working with Hamlet Paredes in Honduras and has come up with quite a line of smokes that are close matches to some of the classic ISOM tastes. No, these aren't 'exactly' the same, no these are not clones....but really stand by them selves as wonderful smokes. Completely different than the classic Nicaraguan style smokes. I really like them. I've split bundles with folks, and they sell 5'ers so it's a very interesting smoke to try. My current fave is the "Queen Corona". From their web page; "...Flavour profile? Montecristo Number 3 meets Trinidad Coloniales...". They've made their way into my rotation, and they are a very nice change up. All these ship out of the US so my orders are typically here in a week or less. Might give them a try:

thanks, will give it a look right now

@BlindedByScience
Those look really good! Need to shift my stick budget to humi shelves budget, but after I get the new humidor up and running, will look into getting a sampler!

On the "not getting punched in the gut" side of things, I had a Charter Oak Habano Rothschild the other day.
I great smoke, and change of pace. Flavor was med to med+, and I thought that is where the strength was as well, until I stood up. I had it with morning coffee and nothing else, so can't do that again.

I am looking into the getting the Torpedo, wish they did not come in Cabs of 50.....

@BlindedByScience
Those look really good! Need to shift my stick budget to humi shelves budget, but after I get the new humidor up and running, will look into getting a sampler!

On the "not getting punched in the gut" side of things, I had a Charter Oak Habano Rothschild the other day.
I great smoke, and change of pace. Flavor was med to med+, and I thought that is where the strength was as well, until I stood up. I had it with morning coffee and nothing else, so can't do that again.

I am looking into the getting the Torpedo, wish they did not come in Cabs of 50.....
Well, look at it this way -- by the time you get to numbers 45-50, they should be in the mild+ to med range! :D

If I remember correctly (which is always a crapshoot), these are Honduran. Is that correct?

I like to braise Cubans, smoking takes to long...a grilled cuban is good as well
We try to keep our ethnic preferences out of our discussions. I doubt very much that these guys would appreciate your sentiment! :)

Cubans.jpg

I am not a fan on Connecticut, but suggest you try the My Fathers H2 Ck, not your average C-cut.