• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trip to Mexico

Can anyone tell me what to look for then? I've read about a lot of fakes in Mexico, but I thought it was mostly reserved in Mexico City. Anyway, if anyone could give advice as how to identify a real from a fake, that would be most appreciated.

Can anyone tell me what to look for then? I've read about a lot of fakes in Mexico, but I thought it was mostly reserved in Mexico City. Anyway, if anyone could give advice as how to identify a real from a fake, that would be most appreciated.

linky

C'mon, he deserves a sign over a ref more than I do. I agree, it is self-promoting, but it's not "out of left field" self-promoting.

There is a website called CigarPass that has a great forum called "Island of Cuba" ( 1055 threads with 15505 posts ) that offer a wealth of information regarding cuban cigars, including counterfeit Cubans. In addition, two CigarPass members have consolidated some great information regarding counterfeit Cubans on an independent website here : Link.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Sorry if I committed any faux pas in this post.

idiot-test.gif
The original poster has contritely amended his information request to simply ask how to discern fake Habanos from the genuine article. A topic of conversation that appears frequently, with zero negative repercussion, in many threads on this cigar board.

I think it's a bit much to insinuate he is an idiot by posting that picture. The "popcorn" effect can get out of hand at times, in my opinion.

We expect some hic-cups from the newer members - but it doesn't have to be a fatal condition. We have a simple saying here : "Read more. Post less.", which simply means take the time to read through the existing threads to learn from the experiences of the other members. Not only will you learn more than you ever thought possible, you will get to understand the dynamics of CigarPass and the personalities of individual members. It's the members with the I Want it All Now attitudes that crash and burn , never to return. If you take the time to do your homework before jumping full bore into this community, you will discover all the benefits of being a CigarPass member.

idiot-test.gif

Damnit Gary.....I pressed that square ten times and nothing happens, I guess I'll never know ;)

Please keep your self promotional postings to the Retailer's forum.

fair enough. sorry to break protocol, but i had to respond to someone who made an ignorant comment.

Drewcali:

I do not see an ignorant comment anywhere.......I am not a big fan of the heavy handed beat downs that often go on here but MMM's point was dead on when he said "In general, if you are inexperienced with authenticating Cuban cigars along with their construction and packaging, it's best to avoid looking to score genuine Cubans on a trip to Mexico." I think this would apply to any country in the world.

Remember the goal is to type to someone as you would speak to them. His statement is friendly advice.

We expect some hic-cups from the newer members - but it doesn't have to be a fatal condition. We have a simple saying here : "Read more. Post less.", which simply means take the time to read through the existing threads to learn from the experiences of the other members. Not only will you learn more than you ever thought possible, you will get to understand the dynamics of CigarPass and the personalities of individual members. It's the members with the I Want it All Now attitudes that crash and burn , never to return. If you take the time to do your homework before jumping full bore into this community, you will discover all the benefits of being a CigarPass member.

Very well put, Kirk.

Guys - please do not discuss sources. If you're traveling outside of the US, discussion on sources is still prohibited. Hang in there, learn more about CP, and like Kirk said, you'll be glad you did. ;)

To everyone else - no need for sarcastic responses. I don't believe Bucky is intentionally trying to disregard our rules.

If you don't know you don't know.I don't think there's any crash course you can take.

idiot-test.gif

Damnit Gary.....I pressed that square ten times and nothing happens, I guess I'll never know ;)

That was the point...to put a little 'lightness' into the thread.....heck, I even clicked on it after I post - to see if it worked!

(yea..I really did click it! :blush: )

edit - Bucky and SB...my apologies.

Very well put, Kirk.

Guys - please do not discuss sources. If you're traveling outside of the US, discussion on sources is still prohibited. Hang in there, learn more about CP, and like Kirk said, you'll be glad you did. ;)

To everyone else - no need for sarcastic responses. I don't believe Bucky is intentionally trying to disregard our rules.

understood. i will abide by rules of this board. it is an excellent meeting spot for botls and i hope that i havent offended anyone.