• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trip to Mexico

Bucky

My family and I are taking a trip to Yucatan, Mexico soon, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any cigar dealers around the area who sold real Cubans? I don't know if this violates the "don't discuss sources" rule as its in another country. If it does just tell me. But any advice would be helpful :cool:

If it does just tell me. But any advice would be helpful :cool:

If you have to ask :

I don't know if this violates the "don't discuss sources" rule as its in another country.

...it's best not to ask the question, Noob.

In general, if you are inexperienced with authenticating Cuban cigars along with their construction and packaging, it's best to avoid looking to score genuine Cubans on a trip to Mexico.

If it does just tell me. But any advice would be helpful :cool:

If you have to ask :

I don't know if this violates the "don't discuss sources" rule as its in another country.

...it's best not to ask the question, Noob.

In general, if you are inexperienced with authenticating Cuban cigars along with their construction and packaging, it's best to avoid looking to score genuine Cubans on a trip to Mexico.

As well, if you are an American citizen, it is illegal for you to purchase of consume any goods of Cuban origin...even abroad.

Folks-

dont make assumptions about cuban cigars in the yucatan, specifically here in merida. we have a geat shop/bar/lounge with a long list of satisfied local, national and international customers. speak from your own experiences. merida has a great cigar culture and we are happy to be a part of that.

Mercer Cigars is the premier seller of exotic, aged and hard-to-find Cuban cigars in Merida, Mexico. We carry many vitolas of all of the following Cuban brands:
Bolivar
Cohiba
Guantanamera
Cuaba
Edmundo Dantes
Flor de Juan Lopez
Fonseca
Hoyo de Monterrey
H. Upmann
Jose. L. Piedra
La Gloria Cubana
Montecristo Partagas
Punch
Quintero y Hno.
Rey del Mundo
Romeo y Julieta
San Cristobal de la Habana
San Luis Rey
Sancho Panza
Trinidad
Vegas Robaina
Vegueros

if you have any questions, would like some receommendations about our great city, or want to just talk about great cuban cigars, give us a call: US toll free 1-866-793-3309.

don't apologize. i dont personalize the comments, just looking to make a correction.

I'll stick with the others; the majority of places that sell cigars in Mexico are bogus. I have been to Mexico and can verify this. I've seen the visitors, especially the Norte Americanos, de los estados unidos buy bogus cigars.

This does not mean you can't find legitimate cigars in Mexico! But, the sad truth is if you don't know what you are looking for chances are you will be taken.

So the previous advice stands for those that just don't know.

Please keep your self promotional postings to the Retailer's forum.

The self promotion was a little much but in response with the topic of the thread and the thread starter's original question.

Rod offers retailer's the option to promote their business through paid sponsorships via advertising banners - all others have the opportunity to use the Retailer's forum at no cost. When a retailer takes it upon themselves to self promote on the regular forum, it becomes problematic.

Some established members at CigarPass, who are also retailer's, have earned the respect of the community by not promoting about their business interests when posting in other forums as a "regular" member.

These are there:

6871460_7_1.jpg

The self promotion was a little much but in response with the topic of the thread and the thread starter's original question.

Rod offers retailer's the option to promote their business through paid sponsorships via advertising banners - all others have the opportunity to use the Retailer's forum at no cost. When a retailer takes it upon themselves to self promote on the regular forum, it becomes problematic.

Some established members at CigarPass, who are also retailer's, have earned the respect of the community by not promoting about their business interests when posting in other forums as a "regular" member.

Let's say for instance when someone is looking for a shop in San Antonio, a retailer in San Antonio says that he is in San Antonio. While there is some self-promoting, he is also answering the guys question.

Let's say for instance when someone is looking for a shop in San Antonio, a retailer in San Antonio says that he is in San Antonio. While there is some self-promoting, he is also answering the guys question.

I would stop while I was ahead. You are wrong and Cigar Pass has rules.

I've tried to be tongue in check about this but lately too many new comers to Cigar Pass want to flaunt the board rules. If 3M says it's blatant self promoting , leave it alone. If you want to ask him directly, PM him!

linky