• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2016

Wow, that 2006 Reserva is quite different than the ones I smoked, I think. Maybe it is a different marca with a different wrapper? Tonight, I had my first Lobotomy in front of me! :p Much like the 601 Oscuro earlier. Creamier, less sweet,tmp_2636-IMG_20160802_210018480-2077121596.jpg smoother and less leather.

Started with my last Fabuloso and I'm finishing up the night with my last Neanderthal.

Come Monday I'm back to work---not that I haven't been working all summer, with this curriculum project, but come Monday I'll be on the school schedule instead of my own---and I'll have to cut back to just one cigar a night during the week. Maybe. ;)

~Boar

Hah! Love to hear your thoughts on that thing...

First off, thanks to Scap for gifting me this stick so I could try one. I really appreciate it brother!

Here's a (well it started as a quick) summary. All the DE stuff I've ever tried has this strange smoothness that I sort of like but it isn't really what I want in a cigar. It reminds me of a Camacho. It's like this thick velvety smoke, and I can completely see why people would love that, but I just think it's okay, so justifying the stick price for these is tough for me. You get a little of this velvety smoothness in an AF Anejo but the flavor is much more complex and way more up my alley. The smoothness isn't the focal point in AF Anejos I think.

Basically if you like Camacho, Liga Undercrown, ect you'd love it. And the strength.... whoa.... I was glad I ate before smoking it. Still not as strong as the CroMagnon cigars, but pretty dang close. But what's interesting about the Flying Pig stick is it delivers this consistent flavor that feels a bit one dimensional to a non-regular smoker of Drew Estate, yet when I think about my favorite CC I can see how someone would say the same about that too. So the craze for these DE sticks, it sort of makes sense to me in that way. And the construction/burn were just flat out incredible as always. Anyone who can make a cigar that is that consistent, that velvety, and that well made -- yeah I can see how people go nuts for these things.

TL;DR: Great construction. Great stick. Incredible burn. Bold and (in my opinion) a bit one dimensional but tasty flavor. Not my cup of tea, but I could completely see why others would say its their favorite.

Edited for spelling.

Last edited: