• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

suggested aging time?

personal User

Picked up a couple of boxes of Bolivar Petite Coronas May 2013 and a box of Romeo Y Julieta - Cazadores Apr 2013

Smoked one of the BPC's right off the truck, little twangy in the first half, not bad in the second half. Gonna need some time.

Question is how much? 

I'm thinking the "sick period" varies for various ones.

I did search on this, and found some really interesting stuff.

but, still trying to figure how to proceed.

As long as you can keep your hands off them! ;)

The best way to proceed is to smoke one ever 3+ months ( take some notes!) and judge their progress.

I usually smoke BPC's, Party Shorts & PLPC's right away. I don't think these need too much aging. Although aging the PLPC's for about 3+ years does wonders for them as you can taste the caramel hints. 

However, if they don't taste right  - like MMM said trying one every 3 months is a good idea. I think that it's tough to try to pin point that "sick period."

well, was too impatient smoking one ROTT. Was doing some other stuff out back, puffing too agressively, not paying attention.

Took a couple and shared one with my son, just visting and watching the game,

Was paying attention to the cigar and enjoyed it much more.

I'm seeing what milesmingusmonk means when he says it will be hard to leave them alone

Most say a minimum 12 months from box date is a good start. In my limited experience this is usually true. Many are saying certain maracas from box code of 2013 are smoking good young. 2-5 years does improve a Habano greatly. All this usually allows it to settle down and aged tobacco is just superior, though some enjoy the acid, ammonia, harshness that can be found in some young smokes.

Happy smoking,

C

I have found that, depending on the cigar, within the first year they smoke pretty well and then start to enter a sick period. Then you are looking at a 3-5 year period for the excellence to begin...and what MMM said.

I've found that either very fresh or after a long rest is best. 

The smokes of recent years seem to have been handled differently than in the past. That 'sick' period is not there like it used to be. Fresh cigars are smoking well.

With that said, I've noticed they can fall off from 3-9 months...then it's a crap shoot as to when they will be back! :(

And yes...Paul is Tall and serious.

Rule 12
Always use proper grammar to the best of your ability.  Do not post in all caps or all lowercase as it’s difficult to read.
On this page, I have used punctuation, and made a serious effort to be clear. I have also used approximately 18 Capitals, and in 3 instances missed using a capital.
At this point in my life that's about the best of my ability.
Sorry.

personal User said:

Rule 12
Always use proper grammar to the best of your ability.  Do not post in all caps or all lowercase as it’s difficult to read.
On this page, I have used punctuation, and made a serious effort to be clear. I have also used approximately 18 Capitals, and in 3 instances missed using a capital.
At this point in my life that's about the best of my ability.
Sorry.

4- Your title needs a capital as well. I'm not trying to be an ass or disrespectful I'm just pointing it out so you can work on it . 

Thanks for understanding
Paul

Actually, I don't understand.

I believe that I clearly meet the intent of the rule, and meet the best effort criteria.

I expect that future postings of mine will be similar.

If in fact that is cause to be banned, might as well do so now.

I come here to discuss cigars, not post a dissertation for approval by committee where I must expend great effort to ensure that every i is dotted and every T is crossed.

Nor, do I think that is the intent of the rule.

I don't think you are being an ass or disrespectful, but rather think you are trolling.

ETA

And no, I don't plan to work on it.

I'm far from a troll here but thank's. Everyone makes mistakes and that is understandable but most try and help each other out for the better of the forum. This was my attempt of helping you out but you continue as you have.

Paul

Tall Paul said:
 most try and help each other out for the better of the forum. 

I have made posts to other parts of the forum when I felt I was able to help others out. At this point in my life, in an attempt to be clear, I usually take more time than you might imagine in order to be clear and for others to understand. That is what I am trying for, and succeed reasonably well. At whatever point it is required of me to spend more time editing my post to suit such an interpretation of the rules, it is not worth my efforts to continue.

You obviously felt I was in violation of the rule, I do not. Rules are rules, and as such are subject to interpretation.

My interpretation of the rule is that I was not in violation.

I'm not sure if I appreciate the effort or not, but I choose to believe your sincerity.

Please try to understand that I come from a different perspective, and wish to help others also.

Have a good day, and so will I.

personal User said:

most try and help each other out for the better of the forum. 

I have made posts to other parts of the forum when I felt I was able to help others out. At this point in my life, in an attempt to be clear, I usually take more time than you might imagine in order to be clear and for others to understand. That is what I am trying for, and succeed reasonably well. At whatever point it is required of me to spend more time editing my post to suit such an interpretation of the rules, it is not worth my efforts to continue.

You obviously felt I was in violation of the rule, I do not. Rules are rules, and as such are subject to interpretation.

My interpretation of the rule is that I was not in violation.

I'm not sure if I appreciate the effort or not, but I choose to believe your sincerity.

Please try to understand that I come from a different perspective, and wish to help others also.

Have a good day, and so will I.

You seem like a pretty bright guy.  Paul is pointing out the way of communication established by and for Cigar Pass.  He is just asking you to try a little harder to follow "Rule 12". 

Please, let it go, and attempt to do as "Rule 12" states.  No further head butting is necessary. ;)

Thanks

After only being here a few short months, I guess the attitude is understandable, but it is really worth it to make the effort to try harder.