• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Southern Draw Kudzu Perfecto

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
Rating.png
20240527_153249.jpg
20240527_153537.jpg20240527_154851.jpg20240527_164516.jpg

Southern Draw Cigars
Kudzu
Perfecto (Box-Pressed 6x56)

 Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano Oscuro
 Binder: Omatepe, Nicaraguan
 Filler: Nicaraguan, USA
 Country of Origin: Nicaragua (AJ Fernandez)

So right of the bat lets set some expectations; I am an Oscuro whore, I really enjoy Perfectos, I love the way the shape, shapes the flavor profile, and it is always cool as hell when get a good burn straight from the closed head.

The wrapper has a great marbled wood look, but somehow even though it was well constructed, it still looked “rugged”. Sweetness, cedar, maybe wet grass?(not sure). Clipped on an angle (the only acceptable cut for a torpedo) and we were off to the races. As expected, the draw started of tight, something about a small hole… 1st third starts off slow and tight, but when we make the turn, she opens up. We have the sweetness for a bit, then the pepper comes rolling in hanging out with the cedar. 2nd third more of the same but the pepper dies into a general spice and the cedar hangs in for a bit. At about the ½ way mark, the draw closed up a bit, not sure why, but a gentle massage got things going again. Final third, and I am hit with the pepper, and she really starts to heat up, and not in a good way. I think the stick was still a bet wet, and I was working too hard. The spice didn’t feel like it belonged or wanted to be there.

For the record, I think this cigar is better than the current rating, and I will revisit in a month or so.

Forgot to fill in the "Fortaleza"
Comes in at a Ligero or 3 out of 4
Med-Full

View attachment 82335
View attachment 82336
View attachment 82337View attachment 82338View attachment 82339

Southern Draw Cigars
Kudzu
Perfecto (Box-Pressed 6x56)

 Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano Oscuro
 Binder: Omatepe, Nicaraguan
 Filler: Nicaraguan, USA
 Country of Origin: Nicaragua (AJ Fernandez)

So right of the bat lets set some expectations; I am an Oscuro whore, I really enjoy Perfectos, I love the way the shape, shapes the flavor profile, and it is always cool as hell when get a good burn straight from the closed head.

The wrapper has a great marbled wood look, but somehow even though it was well constructed, it still looked “rugged”. Sweetness, cedar, maybe wet grass?(not sure). Clipped on an angle (the only acceptable cut for a torpedo) and we were off to the races. As expected, the draw started of tight, something about a small hole… 1st third starts off slow and tight, but when we make the turn, she opens up. We have the sweetness for a bit, then the pepper comes rolling in hanging out with the cedar. 2nd third more of the same but the pepper dies into a general spice and the cedar hangs in for a bit. At about the ½ way mark, the draw closed up a bit, not sure why, but a gentle massage got things going again. Final third, and I am hit with the pepper, and she really starts to heat up, and not in a good way. I think the stick was still a bet wet, and I was working too hard. The spice didn’t feel like it belonged or wanted to be there.

For the record, I think this cigar is better than the current rating, and I will revisit in a month or so.
Different vitola, but one of my favorite sticks in 2021. Overall, I like the brand especially for the price. Nice review.