• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Source Question

I got a response, so thanks. Once again I've been thwarted by the old saying "if something seems too good to be true, it probably is."

I realise I'm a very sporadic poster, so feel free to take this with a grain of salt, but I suggest something similar to what I see in other forums with illegal or semi-legal portions of the forum. Once a member achieves a certain number of posts he/she can request to get access to a hidden forum, where people can openly discuss things like Cuban sources.

That's one thing you'll find to appreciate about CigarPass, we're not all other forums. We're unique, we do our own thing. We're not about giving members icons in their profiles as rewards for how many posts they have, how many bombs they sent out, etc. Here, everyone is on the same playing field, everyone is accountable for what they post. Reputation systems do nothing but hinder the performace of a true community. If a private forum were created, the community would be segregated. I hate the idea that certain members are allowed access to a secret section of a community - that is what kids do in Jr High. When you start rewarding certain members over others, you're only hurting the community; but then again, we're a community NOT a forum. ;)

Our rules are in place to keep this community safe. Our rules are few, should be easy to follow. Please abide by them.

Thanks,
Rod

Out of curiosity, what determines the number icons under one's name? I searched, but I'm sure I missing something.