• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So My Alarm Went Off

Turk10mm

Just smokin
So Saturday night, my girl headed off to bed after watching some movies at the house. I set the alarm, as I always do and watched a lil tv before nodding off to sleep.

Then, out of nowhere the loudest thing I've ever heard in my life, or so it seemed at the moment, woke me from a deep sleep. It took about two seconds to comprehend that it was the house alarm. My girlfriend didn't even know what was going on or how to react. I was immediately up and had my handgun and yelled at her to call 911, she did. My dog was going crazy in his crate.

to make a long story short, my phone had gone dead because the telco box had been hit by a drunk driver on the main road around the corner. My alarm went off as soon as the phone line had been cut. I was wondering why the alarm company didn't call after a couple minutes.

But, I do feel like I responded correctly in the situation. I felt like a fag using a command voice into the dark of the house "Get out of my house, you will be shot!" , but I'm certain that had anyone been in my house they probably would have exited realizing I wasn't going to be a puss.

I handled my corners correctly, I used my flashlight correctly, and I even found that I was using proper trigger control with my finger on the slide of my pistol. The one thing I did wrong was turn my bedside light on, which could have exposed us to someone in the den.

All in all, I think it was a good "real-world" drill on an intruder in my home. I sure as hell thought it as real. My alarm has never gone off in the middle of the night before. My poor girlfriend was scared to death..

I'm sure I read this in a Mickey Spillane novel! :laugh:

Brian

Jesus man, why'd you have to post this? How many times do I have to tell you... I'M SORRY ABOUT THE TELEPHONE POLE. I only had 13 beers. I thought I was under the limit.

So embarassing...

:sign:

In all seriousness, glad you're safe, brother!

I feel bad for any punk getting hit with a 10mm. Sounds like you did well. How do you store your handgun and how long did it take you to have it ready?

Edited to add that any punk breaking in to your home deserves it.

The funniest story I have read in a long time. LOL! :laugh: Thanks for the laugh.

Sounds like your well prepared.

I'm glad to hear it turned out to be nothing big, but it is good to know that you can handle yourself if someone did break in.

You don't need a gun. I'm sure if you give them a chance, any intruder would explain they had mistakenly entered the wrong house due to fatigue from a lond work day. Offer them a cup of coffee, and you just might find yourself a new friend! :thumbs:

:sign: :sign: Just kidding, my wife and I are both prepared to respond the same way.

I wouldn't be that prepared. I would have knocked shit over trying to find my mag lite, then walked around in my boxers trying to figure out what he hell happened, all while still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

I feel bad for any punk getting hit with a 10mm. Sounds like you did well. How do you store your handgun and how long did it take you to have it ready?

I don't have kids in the home, so I'm not as careful with firearm storage as many have to be. However, when there will be kids in my home, I have a plan for a finger touch lock, (not biometric, button combination) box in a drawer. I had my pistol in under 5 seconds I'm sure. I knocked some stuff down and broke a frame, but it was fast.

I wouldn't be that prepared. I would have knocked shit over trying to find my mag lite, then walked around in my boxers trying to figure out what he hell happened, all while still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

Haha, i didn't even have boxers on. The only thing I can say, is when that alarm goes off any sleep that was in your eyes is gone immediately. I went straight into instinct at that point. I keep a surefire flashlight with my handgun and a spare mag. Overkill on the spare mag as I have 15 and one in the pipe of 10mm. But 31 rounds is peace of mind in case the zombies come.

You don't need a gun. I'm sure if you give them a chance, any intruder would explain they had mistakenly entered the wrong house due to fatigue from a lond work day. Offer them a cup of coffee, and you just might find yourself a new friend! :thumbs:

:sign: :sign: Just kidding, my wife and I are both prepared to respond the same way.

You know whats funny, I know a guy that lived on this street where all the houses looked the same. He came home very drunk and couldnt get in his house, so he started pounding on the door. They let him in and he stumbled in and crashed on the couch.

The problem with all of this is that he was at his neighbors house. They let him sleep there and when he woke up they made him breakfast.

Nice neighbors eh. Mine would have called the cops.

You know whats funny, I know a guy that lived on this street where all the houses looked the same. He came home very drunk and couldnt get in his house, so he started pounding on the door. They let him in and he stumbled in and crashed on the couch.

The problem with all of this is that he was at his neighbors house. They let him sleep there and when he woke up they made him breakfast.

Nice neighbors eh. Mine would have called the cops.

I have to admit, this would be very dangerous to attempt at my house. I'm definitely not a loose cannon, but I'm certain at some point the barrel would be pointed in your direction. Of course, very safely. ;)

I did almost the same thing a few months ago....the wife woke me up at 3am saying there was some sort of banging on the house and the dog was going nuts. Within 5 or 10 seconds I had my maglite (a second weapon imo), my pistol and was securing the perimeter shortly after. I cleared the corners, I kept my index off the trigger, etc. I went into protective/instinct mode.

Nothing was out of the ordinary, and we never did figure out what the noise was.

It was a good fire drill for me as well.

C'mon ova suckas. I'm ready. :)

Haha, i didn't even have boxers on. The only thing I can say, is when that alarm goes off any sleep that was in your eyes is gone immediately. I went straight into instinct at that point. I keep a surefire flashlight with my handgun and a spare mag. Overkill on the spare mag as I have 15 and one in the pipe of 10mm. But 31 rounds is peace of mind in case the zombies come.

I'm definitely prepared for the zombies. Tons of ammo and things to barricade my house with. If only I could be in one of those zombie movies. I'd definitely survive.

Here's a test to find out if you're ready. Zombie Apocalypse Survival Test

I had an 80% chance of surviving.

Good test!

I got an empty .38 along w/ a speed-loader, all within arms reach ready to go.