• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sales Tax Increase for online orders ?

PuffTheMagicDragon

Fire One Up
Missouri sales tax for online purchases is 4.225%, and that's been the norm until yesterday, when Cigar Page added 7.8% sales tax, instead.

Of course, I called and asked, and they said that they didn't know - but that they would get back to me.

Must be very recent because I ordered from Cigar Page on July 1st, and it was still 4.225%.

I ordered from Cigars International and also from Amazon this morning and it's still 4.225%.

i dunno.jpg

Last edited:
I checked with the Missouri Department of Revenue - and they say that nothing has changed, and that it's still 4.225% sales tax for internet sales. I wonder where this extra tax is coming from.

The Cigar Page orders are shipped from Pennsylvania. Possibly an added tax from the State of Pennsylvania ? Or maybe an error hopefully.

I just ordered from them on 7/7 and they only charged me the KS state sales tax of 7.50%

OK, so today - July 9th - I just placed an order from them and it went back to 4.225%.

I'm thinking that someone fat fingered a database table update.

We'll see.