• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rec'd the OK to go to Cuba

Well if something were to happen to you in Cuba like getting arrested for something stupid, I'd say you would have a hard time down there because we have no diplomatic relations there. That's just my thought, but to each his own, I agree that it would be nice to see but for me it's just a little to risky.

Well if something were to happen to you in Cuba like getting arrested for something stupid, I'd say you would have a hard time down there because we have no diplomatic relations there. That's just my thought, but to each his own, I agree that it would be nice to see but for me it's just a little to risky.

If one is travelling there legally with a license from our freinds at OFA C, which is what I'm planning on, then I think there would be alot less to worry about than if you were down there without specific permission. That, of course, is one of the things on my long list of research.

a flood of money coming in. If I were to ever be able to travel to Cuba, I think it would be such a better experience being able to see the island as it is today, not after the end of the embargo and the island becomes Americanized.

Gonz, my friend, it already is. Or, at least, Germanized, Spanishized, and Canadianized. Not that things won't change when the embargo ends, of course, but they are already changing, modernizing. Which is not to say that you shouldn't go, you definitely should, but it may be different than you expect.

As for diplomatic representation, there's an American Interests section in the Swiss Embassy in Havana. Which is not actually physically part of the Swiss Embassy. Coincidentally, there's a Cuban Interests Section, also in the Swiss Embassy, in Washington, DC. Which is not actually physically part of the Swiss Embassy. Odd how that works.

Having diplomatic relations doesn't amount to a hill of beans. I think that has been proven time and time again, do a search on the shake downs from the certain police agencies a little to the south on young American's coming back from the Donkey Show.

Or how bout the kid who got caned...

Having diplomatic relations doesn't amount to a hill of beans. I think that has been proven time and time again, do a search on the shake downs from the certain police agencies a little to the south on young American's coming back from the Donkey Show.

Or how bout the kid who got caned...

Yea that is true. If I were going in a group I would feel a lot safer . I would say it would be an awesome experience for anyone who went and I think it wouldn't be as bad a Guatemala was but who knows. Even when I went to Guatemala it was still a neat experience just a little scary but you don't realize how good you have it until you see how bad others have it.

Cuba is a cakewalk compared to Central American countries. I've worked in Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador in major cities and remote areas and it is a war zone. More than 50% of the businesses I entered I was greeted with a gun, the security guard in TGI Fridays in San Pedro Sula had an M-16 and didn't want you getting anywhere near him. All of the hotels I stayed in security was heavily armed. Too many gangbangers bringing back their skills from LA. Cuba will probably shock you more than impress you, the deterioration of the country in general is evident everywhere. Many say it may take two generations to get Cuba out of the shape it is in. Enjoy your trip, there are plenty things to see. John

Cuba is a cakewalk compared to Central American countries. I've worked in Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador in major cities and remote areas and it is a war zone. More than 50% of the businesses I entered I was greeted with a gun, the security guard in TGI Fridays in San Pedro Sula had an M-16 and didn't want you getting anywhere near him. All of the hotels I stayed in security was heavily armed. Too many gangbangers bringing back their skills from LA. Cuba will probably shock you more than impress you, the deterioration of the country in general is evident everywhere. Many say it may take two generations to get Cuba out of the shape it is in. Enjoy your trip, there are plenty things to see. John

Having been to El Salvador, Honduras, and Costa Rica, I think Cuba would be a little safer. I haven't seen it so I am just guessing there. But I can speak about a couple of Central American countries and you have it right on the mark. Even in Tegucigalpa, its pretty dangerous to be walking around. When the sun sets and its getting dark, you better be where you need to be if you are white. I am not joking one bit. The first thing you saw when getting out of the airport is armed soldiers every where. And when it gets late, they stay near the businesses. In October, it gets pretty dark fast at like 5pm so you better be in doors.

I learned a lot there. I talked to a soldier for like 30 minutes since I was trying to cross the street and it wasn't exactly easy. I had a great conversation considering he barely knew English and I know little Spanish. Was an experience of a life time. But its pretty dangerous so you need to learn things like do not smoke cigars outside of where you are staying at. I actually stayed at a Hostel/B-n-B which was located in a compound with a Guard at the gate and a concrete wall around it with Concertina wire on top.

Ahhh, bass fishing in Cuba while smoking some nice CC. That would be a great vacation!

Gonz, good luck in your quest.

So because Guatemala was a third world country you were scared in, all third world countries resemble Guatemala?
Jersey City scares me. :laugh: On March 6th though, I'm going to have to cast Bergen County fear aside and go to Hoboken to see the Tossers at Maxwell's. :D

So because Guatemala was a third world country you were scared in, all third world countries resemble Guatemala?
Jersey City scares me. :laugh: On March 6th though, I'm going to have to cast Bergen County fear aside and go to Hoboken to see the Tossers at Maxwell's. :D
Hoboken is as safe as it gets...."The Village" of NJ. It's nothing like Jersey City.

What are you crying about. I work in Jersey City at Journal Square which isn't the nicest spot. More than once I've had to walk to the car late at night and I'm a little guy. Does your dress come in different colors? :sign:

DG