• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Real of fake?

I went ahead and picked them up. He even lowered the price on his listing, then lowered it some more when I saw that one of the EL's was cracked a little on the end (not a big deal). I inspected the bands very closely, and don't see any problems other than something very minor that may or may not be an issue, and may in fact be something normal. On most of the bands, the middle row of dots is touching the gold "COHIBA" box. On some of the bands, there is a slight gap between the box and the dots. I'll try to get some nice pics of the labels. The cigars look very good, maybe slightly dry so I'm letting them sit for a few days before I try one. On the 3-packs, they were still sealed with the tax stamp and the habanos stamp, but I noticed that I could push down on the top of the pack and open the bottom up without tearing the labels, so it's still possible that they could have been switched, but they look very nice. The RyJ are short churchills and the construction looks very good. It says "Short Churchills" (plural) on the band, which I thought odd but may be normal. I'll send one of the EL's out to Ginseng next week for a reference either way.
Oh, also the date code on the cardboard box and wood box match, it says ROA with OCT 06 underneath. What is ROA?
Thanks guys!

ROA is the factory code - they change the codes every once in a while, so it what factory it actually is takes some deduction. However, my box of EL06's has the same code - so it is either the good code, or we both have fakes! :laugh:

I went ahead and picked them up. He even lowered the price on his listing, then lowered it some more when I saw that one of the EL's was cracked a little on the end (not a big deal).

Any idea why he was so hot to sell these cigars?

Apparently they were a gift from his brother that does business with overseas clients, and he doesn't smoke.