• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Real of fake?

mufflerman

Bend Kenobi
A seller sent me these pics, any opinions? They look good as far as my limited knowledge and research go, but I'm hoping someone else can chime in. Thanks!

cigars004wx2.jpg

cigars001gm0.jpg

Impossible to determine if they are authentic.

There are no obvious clues they are counterfeit.

Ask for the source if you are buying from a private party on this forum. If they will not provide this, prudence dictates you step away.

PM me if you want to discuss other options.

Wilkey

They are really cigars! :thumbs:

As for authenticity...what Wilkey said.

I'd also say you could send 2 of them out the the first five people who post in this thread and the cigars can be dissected and tested appropriately.

;)

edit - the box appears real.

I'd also say you could send 2 of them out the the first five people who post in this thread and the cigars can be dissected and tested appropriately.

;)

Did I win? Did I win? :whistling:

There's certainly no obvious red flags from the pics, but you'd need to post more, clearer, and closer pics for anything approaching a approximate judgement call . . . and the real test would still be the tried and true "sniff 'n smoke" one, by someone with experience.

~Boar

I'm in!!

:D

I'd be curious to know if they're real or fake as well.

Fuggin' barracudas. :laugh:

If you all are hot to smoke a fake Cohiba Pirámides, I can accommodate you. ;)

BTW, the seller is asking for about 40% of the retail price. That alone should send up red flags. Not necessarily about the authenticity but that this is a motivated sale - motivation unknown.

Wilkey

BTW, the seller is asking for about 40% of the retail price. That alone should send up red flags. Not necessarily about the authenticity but that this is a motivated sale - motivation unknown.

Wilkey
..."motivation unknown." I like that one Wilkey :laugh:

Not even a Divorce can force a sale that cheap :whistling: unless it's the soon to be ex-wife!

How can something be real of fake?

Is that when you take a counterfeit cigar and put it in a real box?

Yeah, that's one of my quirks. I almost always type "of" instead of "or". Dunno why. Can I edit titles?

I might just pick these up and send a few out for testing. :whistling:

The source is the easiest way to tell, if the guy bought it online he'd have a receipt in email or could at least casually name the source.

They look good although I don't know about the Limitada insert.

Sometimes people need to sell things quickle because it's say, Christmas?

In my opinion at least the box is real which is a good indicator the cigars might be, unless the cigars were replaced which is possible. The box and packing materials appear to be authentic from the pic. Obviously a side by side comparison would be better than a pic. Also It would be very unusual to see a counterfeit box with a smoking hazard label on it. (or very clever by the counterfeiters). The smoking hazard label indicates some government agency was involved with the processing of these cigars which is good.

Just a little info. These specialized boxes were not made in Cuba they were made in Hong Kong. That is why these boxes are such high quality. These empty boxes are highly sort after by counterfeiters for the purpose of selling their fake cigars in authentic boxes. Apparently these boxes were too expensive or difficult to produce for the counterfeiters. Thats not to say that there aren't any at all only that none have surfaced that I am aware of.

Bob

Wilkey

I couldn't agree more. Someone offered to sell me a box of ISOMs at about half the retail price. They looked REALLY good. A friend of mine with MUCH more experience than me looked at them and, after careful review, determined them to be fake. The attention to detail on the box was incredible, according to him. One thing I learned is that if the price sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Well,
I took a look at the higher resolution images and there isn't any compelling evidence that these are counterfeit. Bob brings up some interesting points worth considering. I think the bottom line is that these might be authentic. The risk is yours to take.
Wilkey