• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Por Larranaga

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
Well today as I was wandering around in the Casa del Puros Humidor like a 5 year-old in a candy store I found a stack of boxes of these cigars with the following sign above them

"Rare!" "On Sale!"

"Box of 25 for 95 Euros!!!" "Deal of a Lifetime!!" "1998 cigars" "Get them before they are gone!!"

Well I asked the curator about them and he said "Really excellent cigars and hard to import to Germany"

But he didn't have any open boxes and he said he couldn't open a box for me to try without asking the boss and that she wasn't there at the moment. So I shrugged my shoulders and wandered elsewhere.

So I'm turning to you my friends, to inform me about the "WONDER" that is the Por Larranaga

Should I have sold the wife and kids and grabbed all 6 of the boxes in the stack? Or was the dude BSing me?

And I used search, but so many random threads popped up I decided to make my own.

Thanks in advance,

Shawn

*edit* Spelling and Grammar... par for course :rolleyes:

Por Larranaga is a small brand of Cuban cigars...but just which particular Larranaga cigar was he offering?

Depending on the size, the price sounds reasonable. Por Larranaga petite coronas are pretty hard to come by. Now, if these were the machine made ones (Monte Carlos, etc.), your better to have left them there, IMO.

Depending on the size, the price sounds reasonable. Por Larranaga petite coronas are pretty hard to come by. Now, if these were the machine made ones (Monte Carlos, etc.), your better to have left them there, IMO.

He stated they were Corona in size, and that they were hand made. How do they taste Matt? And do you have an opinion to what cigar they might be comparable to?

Shawn.

If they are the Petit Coronas. They are phenomenal PC's. These are my favorite PC's Pick them up. If you dont like them you know where to send them :-).

Shawn.

If they are the Petit Coronas. They are phenomenal PC's. These are my favorite PC's Pick them up. If you dont like them you know where to send them :-).

I'll give him a call tomorrow bro, He slipped me his card when we left today.

If they are PCs... I'll be ordering a box.

lol the acid review is going to happen in December at this rate.

Oh and if they are hand-made coronas should I still grab a box?

Search and THEN look around..... linky.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the above mentioned linky:

by Solomr2(sp)

The PL line went from machine made to hand made in 2003. I had a box of 1998 Panetelas that were absolutely sublime... nutty, lots of twang and that signature caramel backdrop that PL is known for. Then I ordered a box of HM 2003 panetelas, and they were okay, not outstanding but not a bad cigar either. I prefer the pre 2003 for flavor, but the 2003+ are rolled better and look better, they just don't taste as good.

The panetela size in general is getting more and more alluring to me, as are most of the smaller ring cuban cigars. They seem to have a more intense flavor profile, and they general burn quite well as long as you smoke them a little more leisurely. They tend to get to hot if you smoke them too fast.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personally:
I've only had the PLPC's - very tasty.

Search and THEN look around..... linky.

I've only had the PLPC's - very tasty.

Grateful as I stated, I used search, and other than finding

"A list of my favorites" and a lot of other assorted threads, I didn't find the answer I was looking for :)

Thank you for the link! *edit* or should I say links ;) lol Thanks brother! :thumbs:

FYI - PL doesn't make a corona size

Lolas en Cedro Mareva 129 x 16,67 42
Lonsdales Cervantes 165 x 16,67 42
Petit Coronas Mareva 129 x 16,67 42

The lonsdales (which you can't find anywhere) were awesome but are no more

The PCs are AWESOME!

Lolas...hit or miss

Grab three for me bro :thumbs:

~Mark

Aged at that price, hell, why you even talking about them ???
However, why are they so cheap? Looks like a great store but can you authenticate them?

Brian

Aged at that price, hell, why you even talking about them ???
However, why are they so cheap? Looks like a great store but can you authenticate them?

Brian

Considering this is an official Habanos SA "The Casa del Habano" store. I'm pretty sure I need not worry about the cigars being fake Brian.

They were just a few of the sales the store had going on. I am going to call today, he may have said Petit Corona and I missunderstood him.

I'll keep you guys updated :)

If its the petit corona. Get them. One of the best cigars I ever had.

If they are the PCs get them.

The dress box has been discontinued, I think. So you will be getting a rare cigar that is not in production in that style anymore.

I don't know if anyone else has said this yet, but if they are the PC's....woah....get them.
Oh, and PM sent.

FYI - PL doesn't make a corona size

Did they in 1998, though?
I'm not sure. THe Lonsdales were fantastic...I have only had one...quite old if I remember correctly....if the person who traded that to me remembers, I'd love the info.

I agree with others.The petite corona is a wonderful cigar full of creamy and caramel flavors. But if I am not mistaking they only come in cab. 50 boxes and can't be had for 95 euros, especially from 1998. If indeed they are what they are for that price the guy doesn't know what he has. Snatch them right away. All six boxes that is.
The lonsdale is even more rare and was discontinued for a while and I hear they are being revived for a small run for German market.