• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Por Larrañaga Magnificos v Robustos ERs

Nice comparison shots. Now how do they smoke?

Got the Asian ones yesterday, thank you :thumbs:

Anthony,

My pleasure.

I have not sparked up either yet. Smart money says that these definitely need some time to unwind and dry out and so I haven't touched them. I will say this, though. The Magnificos has an amazing aroma. Much more potent and rich than the Robustos which is already pretty darned nice smelling. The only two other recent special releases that smell as good or better are the Ramon Allones Estupendos ER AP and the Trinidad Ingenios LE 07. These two cigars are something special. The Ingenios are receiving rave reviews so far and it's all I can do to keep from firing one up straight away.

Wilkey

So are you saying we have to do a group buy on the Trinis for future smoking?

I'm saying the Trinis are looking to be something special. As they come in sleek 12-ct SBN packaging, they're easy to buy and easy to put down. Age 'em if you got em. ;)

Wilkey

I'm saying the Trinis are looking to be something special. As they come in sleek 12-ct SBN packaging, they're easy to buy and easy to put down. Age 'em if you got em. ;)

Wilkey

:)

Wilkey

I smoked a Trinidad Reyes the other day, and confirmed that I'm still not a fan of the Trinidad marca. Are these significantly different in profile?

Wilkey

One of the most gorgeous smokes I've seen. Great construction and aroma....I can't wait to burn one! :D

Wow, those look great.

I love the PLPC's. I think these will be great after some age on them.

I smoked a Trinidad Reyes the other day, and confirmed that I'm still not a fan of the Trinidad marca. Are these significantly different in profile?
If I can break away tonight, I'll fire one up tonight.

Wilkey

The Ingenios smell wonderful! A perfumey, sweetness coupled with the pungent barnyard scent that we know and love.

Very nice pics of the PLs, Wilkey. I'm interested to see how these compare/contrast. I got the 5er yesterday, thanks!

Rob

All the cigars wilkey mentioned have been put to rest. None of them IMHO are ready.

All the cigars wilkey mentioned have been put to rest. None of them IMHO are ready.
Well,

Depends on what one is looking to get from sampling. I think I would be willing to burn one to get the baseline established. As long as they are "smokeable" I am have no problems trying one. Will they be different months or even years from now? Goes without saying.

Wilkey

That is what I try to do is smoke for the baseline and store for the future.

Same here. I will smoke one after they have had time to rest from their journey.

Aftr that I will smoke one every 6 mos must too see where they are at. If they are worthy after a year ZI migh tinvest in an additional box from the same production.

Nice pics Wilkey.

I just got the Robusto in, they smell great.

If last years Petite Corona's are anything to go by, the Robusto's will smoke well young. I'll let mine rest for about 10 days and then fire one up.

Brian

I am not a fan of the Trinidad marca either. I have, however, thoroughly enjoyed the Torre Iznaga "Book" cigars I've had. Because of that, I'd be willing to give other "special/limited production" Trinidads a whirl after due diligence research on their reviews and pricing (which is already on the high end).

Nice pics Wilkey!

I got my box of Robos about a week ago and they are freakin' gorgeous. Very dark.....almost a maduro, will probably try one around X-mas after dry-boxing for a couple of days.

I really wanted to get some of the Magnificos, but just too damn expensive :(

Nice pics Wilkey!

I got my box of Robos about a week ago and they are freakin' gorgeous. Very dark.....almost a maduro, will probably try one around X-mas after dry-boxing for a couple of days.

I'm with you on the Magnificos. My in-laws just flew in from England and I was tempted to ask them to pick me up a couple, but I just couldn't justify $40 cigars. Now I'm just waiting for my PL sampler to arrive.

Nice pics Wilkey!

I'm with you on the Magnificos. My in-laws just flew in from England and I was tempted to ask them to pick me up a couple, but I just couldn't justify $40 cigars. Now I'm just waiting for my PL sampler to arrive.
I hear you guys. I wouldn't buy them at that price either. $40 buys me almost a full tank of gas good for about 300 miles. And for the cost of two tanks of gas, I could buy a box of Padron 2000. :D

Wilkey