• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Plasencia Reserva Original

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....

20240503_131438.jpg

20240503_131831.jpg

Plasencia Cigars​

Reserva Original​

Robusto (4.75/52)​

• Wrapper: Nicaraguan
  • Binder: Nicaraguan
  • Filler: Nicaraguan
  • Country of Origin: Nicaragua (Plasencia S.A.)
**NOTE: this review id for this cigar, at the time of smoking**

A few things upfront; I do not like smoking cigars straight from a B&M humidor, they almost never smoke right for me, this cigar, I think, is better than this review. I will have to revisit it again.

This cigar is visually stunning, the wrapper and banding work very well together. For some reason I never tied the Plasencia name to Nestor Plasencia and the Plasencia family for over 5 generations.

This is one of the first cigars I tried as I started my move into milder cigars. The issue here is that I don’t think I got a good representation of just what this cigar can be. Prelight, it smelled like my Grandmothers kitchen during the holidays, all sorts of spices mingled with a bit of cedar maybe faint hay and earth. I knew from the first draw that I was going to be underwhelmed, it is tight, pretty sure it is over humidified.

First third, is about the only part worth reviewing, after lighting, it opened up a bit, and was producing a decent amount of smoke, it finished long, but I think that was because I was working to keep it lit. The prelight smells and the first third flavors matched up, and I was actually impressed, until the first relight.

From here, I could not even focus on the taste of enjoyment, I just kept trying to keep it lit, it burned hot as a result.

This one will get added into the rotation again and smoked and reviewed under much better circumstances.20240503_133913.jpg

20240503_142230.jpg

20240503_143759.jpg

Thanks for the review!

I've been having some trouble with over humidification and keeping cigars lit recently as well. Certainly can happen when smoking straight from the B&M humidor.

Reactions: MX