• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Partagas series A

TimelessDeals

Banned
Hello all. I need some your help. I ran across when seems like a good deal for an unopened box of partagas series a. The seller keeps expressing the rarity of this box. I have done some some research and haven't found much, if anything on the series A. Tell me what u guys think. What would be the realistic price for a box of 25?
Thanks in advance.

DSC04310.jpg

DSC04313.jpg

DSC04312.jpg

DSC04311.jpg

Are you the seller? Google turns up quite a bit of info on these.

Hi TD, I'm the one that sent you here, glad you found this place. Be sure to stick around. Lots of great people here. I'm surprised no one has an answer yet. This is one of the knowledgeable cigar crowds on the net. I ment to ask you, what is the signature on the front, I can't make it out. I found more info on some boxes that were signed by Castro. Those boxes sold for $8000.00

Here's more info.
http://www.cigarafic...es/show/id/7657

1. Actually this is the one that sold for 8k to 10k back then. Now it's down to 4k, what a deal. I may have to make a humi like that, I like the design.
http://www.bonitasmo...umidor_limi.htm

Hi TD, I'm the one that sent you here, glad you found this place. Be sure to stick around. Lots of great people here. I'm surprised no one has an answer yet. This is one of the knowledgeable cigar crowds on the net. I ment to ask you, what is the signature on the front, I can't make it out. I found more info on some boxes that were signed by Castro. Those boxes sold for $8000.00

Here's more info.
http://www.cigarafic...es/show/id/7657

1. Actually this is the one that sold for 8k to 10k back then. Now it's down to 4k, what a deal. I may have to make a humi like that, I like the design.
http://www.bonitasmo...umidor_limi.htm

Thanks for the referral, This site is a great find. I dont know the signature on the front, however, I am making this deal tomorrow. It doesnt look like a signature from castro though. Can anyone provide a ballpark frice for a box like this? Want to make sure that im getting a fair deal. Appreciate everyones help!

Pretty sure those arethe dominican partagas and werent signed by castro...

Try googling Partagas 150 Signature Series "A"

dont see anyone selling however i see that the last box was auctioned at christies for about $993 a few years back. definately reare to say the least. i think this is a good find from what i can see.

There's a huge difference between the Partagas 150's of Cuban origin and the non-Cubans you have pictured. I doubt the ones sold at Christie's were of the non-Cuban variety. I've never tried the Cuban version, but the NC's were, as mentioned earlier, boring.

So per cigarpass.com....Not worth investing any serious $ on these ?

No, per the folks who have had them.

The only thing is...your taste may be different and you'll like them.

I would suggest you at least find a single or two and smoke away before making that purchase.

On another note, why are you doing this research?

How much is the seller asking?

Doing the research because I ran into an acquaintance who owned a box and left them untouched in the original wrapper. He is swearing that they are a unique find and extremely rare. We're looking to do a barter or trade.
I was curious about the hype. And curious about the value of the box.

Ok.

From the photo, I would have some concerns with the water mark on the box of Montes!

That and what appears to be a very dry flaky smoke to the right.

Unless the are being purchased for investment...you may want to consider smoking one that you can get.

Haha, yeah. I wasn't interested in the montes. Good eye though. And the partagas are to age and invest/sell in the future. Not looking to smoke....I'm already a reseller for most cigars. This particular series though, honestly, I'm not hugely familiar with. That's why I came to u guys to see what they may be worth and how desirable they are...

Haha, yeah. I wasn't interested in the montes. Good eye though. And the partagas are to age and invest/sell in the future. Not looking to smoke....I'm already a reseller for most cigars. This particular series though, honestly, I'm not hugely familiar with. That's why I came to u guys to see what they may be worth and how desirable they are...

If you're not interested in the montes...you're missing the point!

Good luck with the purchase.