• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opinions on Davidoff cigars

Lupa Namfauk

Thinking about trying some Davidoffs and I would appreciate some feedback on the brand as a whole, as well as, the different varieties. They are definately not a cheap smoke, but if they are really good that's OK. Also, I would appreciate any referrals to good retailers for them, I know Famous Smoke Shop has a large selection of them, but are they at a competative price?

Funny this thread should come up this evening. I actually smoked my first Davidoff on the way home from work today. It was a No.2 that I got from the first pass I participated in. I actually really liked the flavor profile and the cigar was so well constructed it almost seemed artificial. BUT.... the cigar was far too mild for my tastes. Before coming to CP I really only enjoyed medium/full to full bodied smokes, but having been exposed to so many different cigars I now understand that different strength cigars all have a time and place. But this cigar was just too mild. I felt like I was smoking a "Davidoff Light" or something. I would definitely like to sample other, stronger offerings from Davidoff. Not to threadjack.... but does anyone have any suggestions?

Well the Millennium Blend is pretty strong but not richly flavorful. Not really to my taste. I've smoked sparingly from the other lines and have found them to be too mild and papery for my taste. That said, I have samples of the Dominicana and Limiteds that I'll be trying soon.

They are truly beautiful cigars though, in the classical sense. These are not shiny and dripping with oils, natural or otherwise.

Wilkey

I do enjoy an occasional Davidoff. I to find that as a whole they are very mild cigars.

The owner of my B&M recommended I try the short perfecto. That cigar was wonderful, much stronger than I have come to expect from Davidoff.

Anyone who has tried Davidoff and finds them to be too mild should definitely give the short perfecto a try.

Got you covered for a Millenium Blend Torpedo if you want, got an exra one in the humi... just shoot me a PM. This way you can sample it before you decide to drop any cash.

The Millenium is on the stronger side, but I thought the Anniversarios had a nice flavor to them for being so mild so I would definitely recommend buying one to try. I enjoyed it but can't see myself dropping that kind of coin regularly for a smoke.

I've never really enjoyed Davidoff's until the came out with the Winston Churchill line.That line of cigars seems to have a little more "oomph" to them then the regular producution or the Millenium Blends. The pricetag is still up there though so they certainly won't be an everyday smoke.

Very well constructed cigar, top notch quality. I personally don't like the flavor profiles much at all, I think they have a funny taste. I could pick out a Davidoff in a blind taste test probably 100% of the time. There is just something about them that tastes different to me.

Jack Schwartz has huge selections and their prices are always competitive. Plus they participate on th forum.

Very well constructed cigar, top notch quality. I personally don't like the flavor profiles much at all, I think they have a funny taste. I could pick out a Davidoff in a blind taste test probably 100% of the time. There is just something about them that tastes different to me.

Agreed. I think the Avo lines have that same odd flavor. Kind of a sour cashew flavor IIRC.

Davidoff Millennium was one of my favorite smokes I've ever had. This will be the first cigar I and 2 of my buddies smoke in (on the porch of) our apartment when we move in in 2 weeks.

Definitely a good cigar to try out, especially since they got you covered on one!

The only Davidoff that I have ever smoked was a 1980's 5000. It was freaking wonderful :thumbs:

I only like the Millenium Blend Petit Corona as it seems to have a little more strength than the rest of the line for some reason. I tried a Torpedo one day at a Herf, and it had no flavor at all. Still have yet to try the Robustos that I have.

I know in Moki's blind taste test that the Mille Lonsdale got positive reviews, but it had about three years on it I believe.

I would echo what everyone has said, but I would highly recommend trying the Special R (robusto). Most of the MN crew has tried the Special R and there is a 50/50 divide. Half think it is lacking for the price. Half think it tastes like an aged Cohiba.

Worth rolling the dice, I think.

I've never really enjoyed Davidoff's until the came out with the Winston Churchill line.That line of cigars seems to have a little more "oomph" to them then the regular producution or the Millenium Blends. The pricetag is still up there though so they certainly won't be an everyday smoke.

Agreed. I do like those ones and have been having a hard time finding them locally (until I found at shop in the Wall Street area). I've decided to reserve those ones for special occasions. The others haven't impacted me as much (except for the Primeros but then again, I'm still a flavour wuss :blush: )

And another who thinks they lack in the flavor-price category. I did enjoy the winston churchills though. Definitely worth a try. I think these will blossom with age.

One of my locals had the 3000s on sale last time I went in. I was wary of the knock on the flavor, but noticed the cello was very yellow. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. And I was glad I did. Mild to medium in strength, but a ton of flavor. I'll be going back for more.

Thanks for all the feedback everybody. I definately like full bodied sticks, so it sounds like you just have to really cherry pick through the brand. They do appear to be a beautifully constructed cigar.

Got you covered for a Millenium Blend Torpedo if you want, got an exra one in the humi... just shoot me a PM. This way you can sample it before you decide to drop any cash.

Just wanted to say good move!

Davidoffs are probably the most meticulously constructed cigar on the Market. Keep in mind not everyone wants to be hammered into submission by strong cigars, besides there's a time and place for everything. I'm not going to smoke a Don Pepin before breakfast, but I would enjoy a Davidoff Ct. shade wrapped cigar. That's plenty enough flavor and strength at O'Dark thirty in the AM. It's probably not the cigar for someone who smokes 3 cigars a week, but for the smoker who smokes multiple cigars a day, there's a place for it in his rotation.

Doc.