• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Napa Valley Brewery and shops

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I’ll be in Napa Valley in a few days and need help finding some California beers such as Piney so can anyone help me out?

You're going to Napa Valley to drink beer?
I’m going with a bunch of wine enthusiasts. I can only drink so much wine and I heard that there’s a beer called Piney, the elder and ply the younger, which are very hard to get on the East Coast. So I was thinking maybe I can find some of that there, so yes, Jeff, I’m gonna try and drink beer while America’s best wine country. I’m that kind of asshole.

I’m going with a bunch of wine enthusiasts. I can only drink so much wine and I heard that there’s a beer called Piney, the elder and ply the younger, which are very hard to get on the East Coast. So I was thinking maybe I can find some of that there, so yes, Jeff, I’m gonna try and drink beer while America’s best wine country. I’m that kind of asshole.
The last time I was in Napa, I found a great bar that had local beer and someone hooked me up with a cigar shop. I don't remember what it was called but I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a place.

Have fun!

Pliny the Younger is a once-a-year release. Pliny the Elder is year-round. Go straight to the source: https://www.russianriverbrewing.com/our-brews/

Get the big flight:

Attachments

• aviary_1408654770352.jpg
    aviary_1408654770352.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 4
Russian River Brewery is a pretty good trek from Napa, but you should be able to find Pliny pretty easy though. Most of the breweries are in the Petaluma/Santa Rosa area which is about an hour from Napa.

There are a lot of groups like yours that frequent Napa some like wine some like beer, I have seen a kick in tasting rooms that are offering beer and wine. You won't find those at actual wineries, but you will see them in areas like Downtown Napa (off Soscol between 1st & 3rd) that are joint ventures between wineries and breweries.

Napa Cigars is on 1st St., I haven't been in there though so I can't speak to the quality of the place. I thought I saw one off Silverado Trail, but I can't remember what it was called.

I believe @insight & @Napa_Smokes are both in that area.

Unfortunately most of the time I'm in the Napa area is for work, so I don't have a chance to stop.

but you should be able to find Pliny pretty easy though.
I was just going to say this... it is not nearly as hard to find any more, even way out here in the central valley (Modesto)

I don't think you have trouble finding it on draft or at a decent bottle shop. I'm not familiar enough with the area to give you any specific recommendations.

Pliny is at grocery stores in Napa. Depending on where in Napa you are the brewery is about 45-60 mins away and well worth the drive.

Yeah I have even seen Pliny at Whole Foods in Sonoma/Marin in general, so you should have no problem finding some if you don’t want to drive all the way to RR.

I was just going to say this... it is not nearly as hard to find any more, even way out here in the central valley (Modesto)

I don't think you have trouble finding it on draft or at a decent bottle shop. I'm not familiar enough with the area to give you any specific recommendations.

I'm actually going to be in your neck of the woods on Saturday, my son has a swim meet at Thomas Downey High School.

Yeah I have even seen Pliny at Whole Foods in Sonoma/Marin in general, so you should have no problem finding some if you don’t want to drive all the way to RR.
Thank you for that tip. I doubt we’ll make it to the brewery as it sounds like our plans aren’t taking us that way but at least I got a few Pliny’s to try from WF.
IMG_3831.jpeg

I'm actually going to be in your neck of the woods on Saturday, my son has a swim meet at Thomas Downey High School.

Oh wow that is just about 10 minutes from me... If it gets too got and you need to disappear for a short time, Cigar Club in Modesto is the lounge I usually hang out at. This is one of the few Saturdays that I won't be there as my sis will be in town visiting our dad.

Good luck to your son!