• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mystery!

After more thought, I wanted to clarify that the obvious reason for posting this here was to try to discern what these cigars are. Our discussion about what on earth the seller was thinking by not labeling them better is what ought to take place over at CF.

And for what it's worth, if you have a ring guage measuring device and a ruler, it might be possible to at least narrow down the choices of what those cigars might be by getting the exact measurements, then comparing to any of the vendors' websites.

And #11, with the VR written on it most likely is the Famosos from Vegas Robaina.

Andy,

A blind taste test is only fun if someone knows the identities of the sticks. And Martin shouldn't have to guess.

I agree with the folks who suggest your best option would be a return. Start fresh and find someone who will do this right by you.

Wilkey

First off, I never post at CF and since I just happen to read Wade's, I bought it. I'm not going to bring up the thread when I value your guy's opinion more.

Start fresh and find someone who will do this right by you.

Wilkey

Any volunteers?

First off, I never post at CF and since I just happen to read Wade's, I bought it. I'm not going to bring up the thread when I value your guy's opinion more.

Start fresh and find someone who will do this right by you.

Wilkey

Any volunteers?

LOL - I noticed you didn't post over there...I couldn't find anything in the TR for a year back....DOH!

Good luck with return.

I found the thread with the sampler for sale on Wade's. Wilkey is right, that most certainly is not a Sancho and personally, I would question everything else he sent. The seller has a lot of TCs and is a FOG, but not identifying what the "to be determined" sticks are is pretty lame imo.

Glad he is willing to give you your money back.....it's too bad because it looked like a real nice sampler for the price :(

Andy,

A blind taste test is only fun if someone knows the identities of the sticks. And Martin shouldn't have to guess.

I agree with the folks who suggest your best option would be a return. Start fresh and find someone who will do this right by you.

Wilkey

I don't seem to recall ever saying otherwise. What I thought I said was clear in that it's not a bad idea to ask us for help in narrowing down what those cigars might be. But discussion about the failure of the seller to label them, and outing that seller should take place over at CF. He didn't buy them here and I believe Rod has exhibited a preference for keeping other boards' drama away from here.

After more thought, I wanted to clarify that the obvious reason for posting this here was to try to discern what these cigars are. Our discussion about what on earth the seller was thinking by not labeling them better is what ought to take place over at CF.

And for what it's worth, if you have a ring guage measuring device and a ruler, it might be possible to at least narrow down the choices of what those cigars might be by getting the exact measurements, then comparing to any of the vendors' websites.

And #11, with the VR written on it most likely is the Famosos from Vegas Robaina.

Andy,

Wilkey
I don't seem to recall ever saying otherwise. What I thought I said was clear in that it's not a bad idea to ask us for help in narrowing down what those cigars might be. But discussion about the failure of the seller to label them, and outing that seller should take place over at CF. He didn't buy them here and I believe Rod has exhibited a preference for keeping other boards' drama away from here.
I get what you're trying to say about guessing at the vitolas but frankly he shouldn't have to take such a chickenshit course of action. And since nothing aside from the PLPC is known (are we even sure about that one?) then an unsolvable blind taste test is what he's left with.

While I agree that some (me) might have been reacting strongly with the "out the bugger" exhortations, I disagree that the discussion of this kind of half-assed treatment has no place here. I'm all for making an example of this situation so that it doesn't happen here. I haven't searched this situation out here on CP but as long as I've been here, this has not happened so it's precedent setting because of the public airing. That, IMO, makes it fair game to hash out. The guys on CF can deal with the seller however that community sees fit, or not. I'm not concerned with that. I am concerned with making sure that guys here learn what is acceptable and what is not.

Now, if Martin had said that he was keeping the sticks and really wanted to narrow things down as much as possible, I'd offer to do all I could to help. I'd even lend him my ring gauge gauge. That's what I'd do for my fellow forum member.

But I do get you. We're on essentially the same page with regard to what's important.

Wilkey

Just as a side note: The PLPC is not from this package, I just added it for a known size guage.

Thanks for all the advice on this one, I'm quite sure it will get resolved as best it can be.

mystery1.jpg

As Moki's self-appointed 'Intellectual Property Rights' enforcer, you do realize you owe a royalty for the use of the quarter?

PM for addy :whistling:

They look like shoddy workmanship for Cubans. I think given the other shenanigans you have to be somewhat suspicious! :(

I found the thread with the sampler for sale on Wade's. Wilkey is right, that most certainly is not a Sancho and personally, I would question everything else he sent. The seller has a lot of TCs and is a FOG, but not identifying what the "to be determined" sticks are is pretty lame imo.

Glad he is willing to give you your money back.....it's too bad because it looked like a real nice sampler for the price :(

Care to post a link? Curious who it was...

Why does Vitasea come to mind :0

Seems kinda fishy to me. Why would the "reputable" person not want to reveal which cigars are which? Fakes possibly?