• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mystery!

Martin2D

Clueless About Life
So a friend of mine (in Canada :whistling: ) got a sampler from a reputable member of CF. The problem is, the sampler was semi-blind (known Sancho Panza Sancho, Punch Churchill, Punch Punch, BBF, Monte No. 2, Boli CE) and the cigars were unbanded. For whatever reason, the seller cut off communications with my friend. So I was talking in chat about it today and they said just to post pics to let you good folks help out.

mystery1.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

1 - Believed Sancho Panza Sancho
2 - Believed Punch Churchill
3 - Believed Montecristo No. 2
4 - Believed Bolivar Belicoso Fina
5 - ? Round, Same length as BBF, corona-ish ring guage
6 - ? Box pressed, same length as BBF, petit corona ring guage
7 - ? Semi box pressed? distorted round? same length as BBF, but slightly larger ring guage then 6
8 - ? Round
9 - ? Round, darker than others
10 - ? Round
11 - ? VR written on cap, semi round
12 - ? Round robusto
13 - Known PLPC

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated!

The numbnutz didn't label or identify cigars 5-12? Funny. How does a guy who does this get to become regarded as "reputable." That's truly pathetic.

First of all, #1 can't be a SP Sanchos as the Sanchos is a gran coronas which should be 9.25" long. That looks to be a prominentes or "double corona" at 7.625" long. Problem is, the SP marca does not include a double corona. Second, wow, good luck with the others. The vast majority of vitolas have multiple manifestations across marcas. The exceptions are the Cuaba and Trinidad marcas in their entirety and scattered cigars in SCdLH, Montecristo, Bolivar, etc.

I'd say if your friend does not get satisfaction as to the identity of these cigars, he ought to post a trader comment and then out the guy.

Wilkey

I was just guessing on the identities of all of them, except #13. I guess I'll keep bombarding him with emails as I figured this would be impossible. Hopefully he'll get back to me.

Who is the "reputable" member over there? PM me who it is please.

If your friend paid good money for the smokes, it would seem to me that identifying them to the satisfaction of the buyer would be the least the seller could have done. Identifying them after the fact isn't impossible, but it's a long ways from conclusive. Some "guesstimation" will be required.....

Cut off communication? Not a good sign.....I'd say out the trader.

My $00.02 - B.B.S.

I just received word from the trader and this was his response:

"Hi Martin, I lost track of my emails at work and I apologize for not
getting back to you sooner....
unfortunately its not very likely to identify them at this point, but I
hope you'll enjoy them!"

hope you'll enjoy them!"
At best, it's a lousy way to conduct a trade. At worst, he's being outright dishonest and who knows what he sent along.

Personally, I'd never trade with him again.

Regards - B.B.S.

hope you'll enjoy them!"
At best, it's a lousy way to conduct a trade. At worst, he's being outright dishonest and who knows what he sent along.

Personally, I'd never trade with him again.

Regards - B.B.S.
I'd still launch a trader comment on his ass. The bolded part above is the legacy he's written for himself. Such will be the suspicion he'll draw.

Wilkey

So what action should I take from here? Try to send them back...I mean the whole point of a sampler is that you try and find out what you like. Kind of defeats the purpose.

So what action should I take from here? Try to send them back...I mean the whole point of a sampler is that you try and find out what you like. Kind of defeats the purpose.
Yes. Excellent point. That's a pretty good idea. Let us know how he responds to your request for a return/refund.

Wilkey

Yes. Excellent point. That's a pretty good idea. Let us know how he responds to your request for a return/refund.

Wilkey

How about bringin this up in the TR on CF....I'm sure it will be handled well...oh, and wait until Friday!

He replied back:

"I definitely see your point - but its been too long since I put this
together, and guessing wouldn't help you at all.
The initial post or ss should have most of these nailed down I think.
But I am willing to give you a full refund for the sticks if you want to
return them...and I give you my sincere apology for the lack of information."

So I guess they'll be making a return voyage back home.

He replied back:

"I definitely see your point - but its been too long since I put this
together, and guessing wouldn't help you at all.
The initial post or ss should have most of these nailed down I think.
But I am willing to give you a full refund for the sticks if you want to
return them...and I give you my sincere apology for the lack of information."

So I guess they'll be making a return voyage back home.

What does the CF thread say?

Why are we talking about this here? Perhaps this should be brought up over at CF? ???

...I mean the whole point of a sampler is that you try and find out what you like....
....only problem here is that if you find something you really like, you have no idea what it is.... :whistling: Makes it tough to obtain more.....

Sounds like he's willing to refund your $$$ which is probably the best possible outcome.

Regards - B.B.S.