• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My God, the smell!

I am the same way with my humidor. That's why I put it right beside my bed as a sort of night stand ;)

Another smell that gets me is a lit cigar where you least expect it, like just walking down a street or sometimes even in traffic (most of the time it is me smoking). It is cases like when I have no cigars that makes me jones like a mofo.

This reminds me.....I have to reorganize my humis tomorrow :D. Yes I too think it smells better in the cuban than the NC humi

The cooler smell really outways the humi smell. I use any excuse to open my cooler but, the best reason is to add some more boxes. :D :D :D

[/quote]pffffft. Come smell my humidor, you'll change your mind.* :) Ya ever consider that you put one too many Moontrances in your freakin' humidor, making the entire thing smell like spiced sweatsocks?[/quote]

Must Agree. Both my large Cooledors (1 NC & 1 ISOM) smell equally as good. The thought that their are not equally good cigars on the NC side is ridiculous (OpusX, Tatuajes, Anejos, Padron Annis, Partagas 150 & 160, etc.) Just my opinion.

Wilkey just curious, but are you wearing any clothes during your quarterly ritual of the humidor inspection?

Wilkey just curious, but are you wearing any clothes during your quarterly ritual of the humidor inspection?

Whether I'm actually wearing any clothes is immaterial. I know you're undressing me with your mind.

Wilkey

Yeah, I definitely love to open up my humi to smell the goods. I have an old HDM cab from 98, my first ISOM box, it still smells great, though a bit subdued from the first whiff.

I like to "sniff my stick" for several minutes before lighting up too, it really makes a difference in the way I taste that first puff and sets the tone for the whole smoke.

I also sniff the cap during the smoke too, this helps me detect the more subtle flavors during the smoke too.
Join the crowd, I do this about once a week cause any longer than that and I go through big time withdrawls.

Hey Wilkey,
I have to concur with this phenomenon of ISOM aroma sending shock waves to the pleasure centers of the cerebral cortex - or wherever :blush: There is but one place that I will always use as a benchmark to the greatest smell imagineable, a Canadian B&M that specializes in ISOMs. Whenever I visit this shop (which is too infrequent for my cravings!), I purposely enter the room after exhaling all breath, then take in a deep breath from my nose to take in what my buddy and I have termed the "primordial ooze" of ISOM aroma (we're convinced that this primordial ooze is what permeates all of his 'gars, causing all of them to have a more mature and aged smell); I'll leave the room and repeat the breathing through the nose routine at least 3 to 4 more times, savoring every last delicious aroma time and again until I'm dizzy with delight!

Darren ;)

My first reaction to your post was ... "funny"... But after a second I recall that I did the same a week ago.
I was actually rearranging my 05 stock from other years. Went through each box, open it, sniff it... thanks God my wife did not caught me doing this. :laugh:
She thinks that I'm too much into cigars anyway.
Aren't we are all crazy?
:p