• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first box of cubans!

Wow. The guy asks a simple question and look what he gets. First of all, welcome to the board.

Now back to your question, Monte #2 is one of the most popular cigars in the world, including this world. They used to be an mazing smoke and due to its popularity and demand, its quality went down and once they changed the original blend but it is making a slow come back and I hear that it smokes great. Hope you are enjoying them.
I wish we could. :whistling:

What did he get??? ??? Cuban cigars ARE illegal in the United States, after all - why, you don't think they are?

And you're supposed to meet up with me when you're in Chicago... What happened to that??? You didn't forget, did you??? :rolleyes:

Maybe we could share a NC cigar... :whistling:

George,
I don't mean to open a can of worms, but I think it is silly to lecture anyone here about what is legal and what is not especially when the bulk of our advertisers, like the one at the top of this page, are for Cuban cigars.

It is certainly not illegal to discuss them, is it? At least not that I know of, and that is all we are doing. Discussing cigars.

As for the meeting we'll discuss it in a PM.

Where did you get a lecture on this thread? I didn't see one. But seeing as how you mentioned it...

I do see, however, some concern by members here that talking about the possession of illegal items may be a tad more sensitive than some members are appreciating. My children LOVE to post on MySpace - then are all kinds of pissed off when they face repercussions over what they post. That just doesn't make sense to me... My advice to them - maybe you should CAREFULLY think about what you post - it's not a private site - there are others watching...

As far as sites advertising here on CigarPass - while you may not believe it, there are quite a few members here who do not reside in the US and it is perfectly legal for them to purchase and possess Cuban cigars. I believe that is the reason the advertisers are advertising, don't you??? Because any member here who is living in the US and does business with those sites is facing having their cigars confiscated and can face some pretty severe sanctions (not the least of which the dreaded "letter" some have received).

But, hey... Who am I... Rod owns the site and has repeatedly given his vision for the site. And some just seem to have it in them to do something other than that. But, really - it mostly seems to me to be a new member kinda mistake...

[size=-1]Cuban Shmooban !!![/size]
Zeebra, I can't disagree with you there, I'm somewhat of a Padron maddie whore myself!

Wade

Mmmmm.... Padron '26's...

...and I LOVE most of the AVO LE's too!!!

I do see, however, some concern by members here that talking about the possession of illegal items may be a tad more sensitive than some members are appreciating.
This is my concern precisely. George, you've cut right to the heart of the matter. There is a crucial if subtle qualitative difference between a thread in which the enjoyment or analysis of Havana cigars is discussed and one that is no more than the flaunting of a recent delivery. Underlying both, of course, is the fact of possession of Cuban cigars. We are, for the most part, grown ups and for those who have long participated in online discussions of Havana cigars not even a knowing "nudge, wink" is required.

Having said that, I don't know of a single admirer of Habanos who isn't giddy as a schoolgirl when a box hits the stoop. They simply don't shout it from the rooftops in a way that is akin to walking down the street saying "Man, what a great bag of pot I just picked up!" They recognize that discretion is always the smart way to play.

Rod owns the site and has repeatedly given his vision for the site. And some just seem to have it in them to do something other than that. But, really - it mostly seems to me to be a new member kinda mistake...
It IS mostly a new member screw up and one reason is that perhaps they don't realize that the privilege of even having a forum to discuss these things is a precious and tenuous thing. I'm guessing that all it would take is one registered letter from Washington and CigarPass would become extinct.

I don't want that to happen. I like this place and I like the people who inhabit this place. To me, it means more to do my part to insure that this community prospers and persists for a long, long time than to show off the latest box of contraband goods.

In my opinion, there is nothing hypocritical at all about participating in discussions about Cuban cigars but disavowing the fact of the purchase. It's simply better judgment and discretion.

Wilkey

My apologies for my new guy error. Litle did I realize the discussion this would have led to. I was not attempting to shout from the rooftops that I would be in posession of contraband. I was only looking for some input from senior BOTL's on this particular smoke. Still, when there is a whole section devoted to the discussion of ISOM's complete with other stories, complete with pictures, of people getting cubans- what really is different about my post. I did not say where I got them. Enlighten me please.

This post is not supposed to come off as snide, so please don't take it that way.

Read the post above yours. Afterwards - please let us know what wasn't clear about what Wilkey said. ;)