• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Member Map, or Search members by location

• Thread starter Thread starter MX
  • Start date Start date

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
As it is not a requirement to add your location, would it be possible to have a map, or to be able to search members by location?
Because it is voluntary information (or I think it is) I don't see this as a trespass on their information.

Thank you

Tim

If not a map, because they are kinda resource heavy, maybe a way to search members by location?
It would help when trying to create an invite list for a local Herf.

Thanks !!!!

Even a list with cities. Don't need individuals addresses for planning, pm's are great for that. JMHO, etc...
I think what would work is to be able just (@) a location, (example: I am planning a herf @DENVER @Colorado) post or PM for details)

I looked into this and actually purchased a plugin, however due to the API with Google, it's a bit clunky and involves ongoing costs that I'm not sure would make it worthwhile. I'll keep looking for alternatives, however I wasn't impressed with the plugin I found.

Last edited:
Rod, thank you for taking the time to look into this.
That you actually took my silly request and put time and effort into reinforces that this is the best place ever!

Tim

Perhaps I'm an idiot (...perhaps...??... 🤣...) but I didn't realize you have to enter your zip in the 'search' bar rather than an 'address' location I couldn't find. In my tiny brain, I didn't think I wanted to search for my address, I wanted to tell the darn thing what my address was. Just put your zip in the 'search' position and all's well.

...but you guys already figured it out, and I'm the dullard. In any event, party on.....🤣

Reactions: MX
Perhaps I'm an idiot (...perhaps...??... 🤣...) but I didn't realize you have to enter your zip in the 'search' bar rather than an 'address' location I couldn't find. In my tiny brain, I didn't think I wanted to search for my address, I wanted to tell the darn thing what my address was. Just put your zip in the 'search' position and all's well.

...but you guys already figured it out, and I'm the dullard. In any event, party on.....🤣
I failed on the first attempt as well

Even a list with cities. Don't need individuals addresses for planning, pm's are great for that. JMHO, etc...
Great idea! I know when I traveled a lot I had the good fortune to meet up with several brothers simply because I knew they were in the area!

I added mine ...... I think?

@Rod

thank you so much for this!
I hope the membership invest the few seconds it takes to add their location!