• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Making a sweet humidor

Good luck I love the idea of re purposing antiques into a humidor. I am currently on the hunt to do something similar.

That is going to make a very cool conversation piece. If you have seal issues, perhaps you could build a "box within a box" where the current exterior is just an aesthetic "shell", so to speak. That looks like a really cool project.

Yeah I figured this way it actually would get seen and appreciated rather than sitting in the garage collecting dust!

Also, I should be buying another cedar board in the next week or two so that I can make the lid and a shelf so I will post pictures when that happens.

Bought an AcuRite hygrometer from walmart and did a salt test on it. Its been about 12 hours and has been staying at 74% so im happy with that! Also bought the rest of the wood to finish out the project today so I will post more pictures later.
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10036]

Got it finished I just have to get something to put in it!

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10049]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10048]

Looks good. Post some more pics when you get some stuff in it.

Great work!!! The chain style lid catcher is a great detail...

If you need to improve the lid seal, put a bit of sailmakers wax around the spanish cedar on the lid to help fill in any small inconsistencies when the lid is shut.

Very nice job on the project sir. You as well have an attention to detail in your work.

Let us know how it holds humidity.

Nice work it all came together very nicely! Now fill that baby up.

OK... in one post on this page, you refer to it as cedar. Very nice work.

Great work!!! The chain style lid catcher is a great detail...

If you need to improve the lid seal, put a bit of sailmakers wax around the spanish cedar on the lid to help fill in any small inconsistencies when the lid is shut.

Does sailmaker's wax become tacky against it's self?