• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for an AR-15 Dealer

Pretty sure that the stupid flash hider, bayonet lug stuff we talked about once would still apply...
...not since the repeal of the "Assault Weapons Ban". You can get your rifle in standard trim if you so choose. Perfectly legal.

Perhaps in the free U.S., but CT has a very stupid ban similar to the expired federal one. Flash hider bad. Muzzle break good. :rolleyes:

Also, full auto ok, but a selector switch somehow makes things illegal. :angry:

Personally, if you are going to use it for anything more than target practice, (read defending your life) i would suggest a Colt, LMT, or Noveske. They draw a premium but are worth the money.

If all he wants is a fun ranch gun or something similar then a Bushmaster or Rock River Arms will be plenty good.

Buy from your local dealer and support your Brick and Mortar gun shops. They may be all you have left very very soon.

well i have a friend in GA who is on a SWAT team and he hates his Colt, says its always messing up and the team members hate them too.

Pretty sure that the stupid flash hider, bayonet lug stuff we talked about once would still apply...
...not since the repeal of the "Assault Weapons Ban". You can get your rifle in standard trim if you so choose. Perfectly legal.

Perhaps in the free U.S., but CT has a very stupid ban similar to the expired federal one. Flash hider bad. Muzzle break good. :rolleyes:

Also, full auto ok, but a selector switch somehow makes things illegal. :angry:

well at least your allowed full auto, i would get a full auto and make my finger the selector switch with enough practice.

my guess is if you can master placings a string of full auto in a 2inch spacing at 100yards then you are pretty good.

no way any full auto is going to make a 2" grouping at 100 yards in auto or burst fire. There's just too much going on between recoil, action moving, etc. I shoot a precision 308 that shoots .25" groups and that's single shot, excellent optics, very accurate action and custom barrel.

My AR gets 2"-3" groups in slow fire semi auto, but its just a blaster with nothing to improve its accuracy. you can get better than that, but not much.

no way any full auto is going to make a 2" grouping at 100 yards in auto or burst fire. There's just too much going on between recoil, action moving, etc. I shoot a precision 308 that shoots .25" groups and that's single shot, excellent optics, very accurate action and custom barrel.

My AR gets 2"-3" groups in slow fire semi auto, but its just a blaster with nothing to improve its accuracy. you can get better than that, but not much.

Getting a 2 inch group with an AR15 would be pretty damn hard. 3 round burst would be easier and slow fire semi auto no problem. Probably not going to happen with your average shooter, but there are high masters out there that can do that no problem and do in High Power competitions. Thats actually why most of them moved to the AR platform over the M14 in competition. The AR has less recoil than the M14 and as such is more forgiving to the shooter.

The accuracy of a weapon is based on the weapon itself only if you can shoot better than what the weapon is capable of. I get sub MOA groups with both my AR and my M14's in the prone position without a rest or optics. The AR is a stock RRA with the M4 stock on it; one of my M14's was made by LRB and is in a modified chasis and the other is a NM Springfield Inc rifle. The majority of the work is the shooter not the weapon, the weapon only takes accuracy so far and most people can't out shoot their weapons.

If you are going to get one, get it quick as I have a feeling they are gonna get super expensive real soon.

Not really a hunter anymore so excuse my ignorance, but what would one use an AR-15 for? Killing bobcats or prairie dogs?

Not really a hunter anymore so excuse my ignorance, but what would one use an AR-15 for? Killing bobcats or prairie dogs?

use for everything you'd use a Browning BAR, Ruger model 44, Remington 7400, or a Benelli R1 for.

It just looks scary and you see the AR in the hands of Soldiers so people automatically fear it.

I hunt ferral hogs, coyotes, rodents, small game, and anyone who decides to come in my home uninvited. Just before, during, and after the hurricane my AR sat poised between my passenger seat and console until order was restored.

My firearms aren't for intimidation.

Anyone who gets sub moa groups with a factory ar in standard configuration must be akin to a gun god. Not callinig you a liar, I just have never in my life witnessed a submoa group of more than 3 rounds from a factory rifle in standard AR15 trim shoot that good. Regardless of the shooter. I consider myself a fair shot, with the ability to shoot sub moa groups up to and over 600 yards. I suggest the following reading.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&...18&t=279218

my precision rifle of choice
20080704_1022.jpg

nothing fancy, just good ole american made sub 1/2" gun out of the box with premium glass and federal match off the shelf ammo.

my factory built, factory trim AR15
20080704_1025.jpg

she's a little different now ;)

Well a STAG, Model 1, RH, 5.56 NATO, with a 30rd magazine is on the shelf in Gettysburg, for $850. (Probably could get it for $825) plus 6% state tax, unless shipped to an out of state FFL. They are selling like hotcakes with manufacturers supposedly holding shipments pending the election results, at which point its rumored the price will jump 25%, if Obama wins. Its not really the time to be looking for a deal on these, IMO.

No longer on the shelf. It now resides at my home. :thumbs:

sorry didnt mean to stir up anything, the 2" grouping was a mythical creature i made up just to say full auto was cool based in fact only to video games and not the real thing since in NY full auto is out of the question.

my friend wants his AR for range fun and the possibility of home defense if it came down to it. Doubt it ever would since both him and his wife are cops and there are probably 4 pistols in or around the bed.

Now that he is looking into one, i am also curious at purchasing one to go to the range with him.

Well a STAG, Model 1, RH, 5.56 NATO, with a 30rd magazine is on the shelf in Gettysburg, for $850. (Probably could get it for $825) plus 6% state tax, unless shipped to an out of state FFL. They are selling like hotcakes with manufacturers supposedly holding shipments pending the election results, at which point its rumored the price will jump 25%, if Obama wins. Its not really the time to be looking for a deal on these, IMO.

No longer on the shelf. It now resides at my home. :thumbs:

too funny :sign:

nice pick up :thumbs:

I didn't think you were calling me a liar at all, but just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't happened :p

Shooting sub moa with a stock AR is not hard, and has nothing to do with being a gun god. As long as you practice, practice, practice and follow the six step process it is feasible, by quite a few and I am no gun god. I'm not saying that every time I hit the range that I can do it, but it’s not impossible and the rifle can only help YOU the shooter so much. I have days where I can put 10 shots sub moa, sometimes I have 3 different groups that are all sub moa. It’s all about how consistent the shooter is with their shots and that you’re doing the same thing time and again. It’s also about recognizing your mistakes and knowing why your groups opened up or shifted (did your NPOA move, were you not focusing on the front sight). Doesn't matter if it’s a match barrel, glass bedded, has NM sights...that means crap all if the shooter can't repeat the same motions consistently.

Like I mentioned earlier, most people will buy all the wiz bangs and gizmos for their rifle thinking that it makes it the best it can be. They then go shoot it and wonder why their groups are all over the place. They spent all this money, it should be flawless. It’s probably the shooter, as most rifles especially NM and SM can out shoot the shooter unless they have been practicing with that weapon for a very long time.

I'm not a high master in service rifle competition not even close, but have been lucky enough to get some coaching from a few that are pretty good at service rifle competition. It helped me quite a bit and I was surprised what I was able to do with irons on my stock AR. Now that I have my M14's I don't shoot my AR as much as the M14 is much harder to learn on as it’s not as forgiving.

For those that are wondering what MOA is, its minute of angle. At 100 yards 1 MOA is 1 inch, meaning that if your shooting sub moa all your shots are under 1 inch at 100 yards, 2 inches at 200 yards ect..