• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looking for an AR-15 Dealer

Bxcigrfan

There Once was a Man from Nantucket...
my friend is looking to purchase an Ar-15 (bushmaster, RockRiver, or Stag Arms) and some one told him he would get a better price in PA than in NY. So i'm coming to my BOTL's for any information on a dealer in PA, closer to the NY side of PA if possible.

TIA

i'd be curious about this as well if the prices really are better in pa than ny. i need to get another ar before obama gets into office.

Great prices to be found online. My friend bought one recently, he's a PA resident too, this way I'll ask him about it and post it up!

Another option and cheaper is to just buy a couple lower receivers and build them up at a later date.

If he lives in the five boroughs and isn't a cop or federal agent, then I'm pretty sure it's only legal to own a pistol.

he actually is a cop and doesnt live in the 5 boroughs so he is clear to own but i doubt he wants to get pieces and build later; so going a getting a complete rifle is the only option

Well a STAG, Model 1, RH, 5.56 NATO, with a 30rd magazine is on the shelf in Gettysburg, for $850. (Probably could get it for $825) plus 6% state tax, unless shipped to an out of state FFL. They are selling like hotcakes with manufacturers supposedly holding shipments pending the election results, at which point its rumored the price will jump 25%, if Obama wins. Its not really the time to be looking for a deal on these, IMO.

dont think he is looking for a great deal just to get one at a decent price 900-1100 i believe from some of the ones we have looked at. But he wants to get it now

he actually is a cop and doesnt live in the 5 boroughs so he is clear to own but i doubt he wants to get pieces and build later; so going a getting a complete rifle is the only option

In that case, can we have a shooting range herf once he's acquired the new weapon :)

Another option and cheaper is to just buy a couple lower receivers and build them up at a later date.

Really....do tell! :thumbs:

All lower receivers must be sent to your FFL so all local laws still apply.

I for one enjoy buying the parts and and assembling my own rifle. Some good sources for parts are Brownells, Midwayusa, and jtdistributing just to name a few.

Atlantic firearms has some good prices and you really can't go wrong with Bushmaster or RRA rifles I'm even thinking about buying a RRA AR-10.

I'm not sure on completed builds in PA and the price on them, but if he had one assembled there is a company in NY called LRB arms. They hammer forge their receivers as opposed to many that cast them which results in a much stronger receiver. They are top notch, I have one of their M14 receivers and its tits. My next AR build is going to be an LRB.

LRB Arms

My friend says he bought his from Target World in Chalfont, PA. They have a website. It cost him $750. You could buy it from a place like this online you would just have to have a local place transfer it I believe.

Pretty sure that the stupid flash hider, bayonet lug stuff we talked about once would still apply...
...not since the repeal of the "Assault Weapons Ban". You can get your rifle in standard trim if you so choose. Perfectly legal.

Doesn't anyone read Shotgun News anymore?

Doc.

Personally, if you are going to use it for anything more than target practice, (read defending your life) i would suggest a Colt, LMT, or Noveske. They draw a premium but are worth the money.

If all he wants is a fun ranch gun or something similar then a Bushmaster or Rock River Arms will be plenty good.

Buy from your local dealer and support your Brick and Mortar gun shops. They may be all you have left very very soon.