• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

If you have ever said, "I spent my rent money on cigars!&quot

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
I'm throwing this out to the new guys.

Cigars are expensive, a luxury, something to enjoy. Here at CP we have a fellowship of people who love cigars from all walks of life and its what makes this place great.

Now I've heard a few times in the last couple of days BOTLs here making statements in line with the title of this post regarding the newbie - fog war and CP in general.

And it bothered me enough to make this thread.

Things like the newbie - fog war are meant to be fun, not put you in jeopardy of losing the roof over your head. And it seems that it needs to be once again pointed out that you can not buy your way into good graces here at CP. If you show that your a true BOTL or SOTL you will be welcomed into the family regardless of how many cigars (or types of cigars) you own or send out.

I personally only spend money I've made working under the table building PCs and doing system admin work for friends, I'm not rich, lol in fact I'd go as far to say I'm no where even close to being comfortable regarding my finances. But I can afford to smoke good cigars because I do it in moderation. Spending my rent or food money on cigars hoping to impress fellow BOTLs or hoping to reap some type of reward out of it, has never even crossed my mind.

Smoke what you like, bomb when and IF you can, but don't put yourself in financial trouble over cigars just trying to make appearances. It isn't what CP is about.

Just my 2 cents,

Shawn

*edit* to fix the title

Things like the newbie - fog war are meant to be fun, not put you in jeopardy of losing the roof over your head. And it seems that it needs to be once again pointed out that you can not buy your way into good graces here at CP. If you show that your a true BOTL or SOTL you will be welcomed into the family regardless of how many cigars (or types of cigars) you own or send out.

CAN. NOT. STRESS. THIS. ENOUGH!

Thanks for posting such an informative topic Shawn... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

No problem bro, I just felt it was something that needed to be said. Now get back to commanding your troops! :thumbs:

this box of padron '26 maddies are GREAT, besides I don't mind taking cold showers in the dark..... :sign:

but seriously, good post. :thumbs:

If you cant join the war. Then dont. Personally I only send out a bomb a week. Thats what my finances right now can afford. So if you cant bomb at all, then dont worry about it. Like he said, you cant buy your way in. Shit, look at me. The still dont like me. Every time I rebuild my mailbox one of these guys destroy it.

I usually set aside 200 a month sometime I go over some times under But it still never hurts. I like to bomb because it makes me feel good about myself because in real life I'm generally a a33hole <--link

Someone once said, "If you spend you life trying to be someone you're not... You'll never know who you could have been"

Dennis~

when your rent is $2855 a month, those $7-10 sticks aren't gonna make me or break me
2ahcze8.gif

Great post and sentiment. Unless you're a newb renting for an amount most of us would invest in an IRA or property you Freak! :D

Just kidding bro - and welcome to CPass.

Steve

there is alot of truth here. however if you would like to buy your way into the good garces of cp..start with me...

Great post and sentiment. Unless you're a newb renting for an amount most of us would invest in an IRA or property you Freak! :D

Just kidding bro - and welcome to CPass.

Steve

The DC Metro area defiantly sucks. We have a 3br/3bath Townhouse in a nice area, where we don't have to worry about our cars getting stolen and we can go for a jog without having to worry about being knife'd. We've been house hunting lately and it looks like we're gonna be in the mid 500's to 600 for a decent single family.

Shawn,
Great post. It is a very important point to make. It can be very easy to get in over you head if you are not careful. As said earlier, I send bombs because I enjoy giving better than receiving, it makes me feel good to be able to hit a nice BOTL, especially when they need it. But it is definitely not something I would do if I could not pay the bills one month.

Dave

Cigars are expensive, a luxury, something to enjoy. Here at CP we have a fellowship of people who love cigars from all walks of life and its what makes this place great.

Now I've heard a few times in the last couple of days BOTLs here making statements in line with the title of this post regarding the newbie - fog war and CP in general.

I personally only spend money I've made working under the table building PCs and doing system admin work for friends, I'm not rich, lol in fact I'd go as far to say I'm no where even close to being comfortable regarding my finances. But I can afford to smoke good cigars because I do it in moderation. Spending my rent or food money on cigars hoping to impress fellow BOTLs or hoping to reap some type of reward out of it, has never even crossed my mind.

Smoke what you like, bomb when and IF you can, but don't put yourself in financial trouble over cigars just trying to make appearances. It isn't what CP is about.

Just my 2 cents,

Shawn

*edit* to fix the title

Great post...I stay involved in a box split on another site. Each month I get a fiver of cigars that I may or may have not tried. It works out very well. Every fifth month. I buy a box for the split. Works very well for me. How come you don't see very many box splits here? It's a great way for a group of guys to get involved in the site.

Great advice! The more posts I read like this the more I understand and admire the intended purpose of the community. Thanks to all the dudes who make this all possible.

Mark

Great post...I stay involved in a box split on another site. Each month I get a fiver of cigars that I may or may have not tried. It works out very well. Every fifth month. I buy a box for the split. Works very well for me. How come you don't see very many box splits here? It's a great way for a group of guys to get involved in the site.

Oh trust me, there is a lot of box splits going on here at CP, usually by groups of BOTLs who have been doing it for years. :) There is nothing stopping anyone from starting new groups though.

Shoot I have a large nice new house for almost half of what Freak rents for.. that's mind numbing

I'll stay in Texas thank you.

Well said, Shawn.

Cigars are presently a luxury. In the future, I hope to have the financial standing for them to become necessities. :D

Wilkey

Just my 2 cents,

Shawn

*edit* to fix the title
Could'nt agree more.

Brian

Beware of CigarBid.com. It is a great place to find some good deals, but it can become addictive.

jef

Well said, Shawn.

Cigars are presently a luxury. In the future, I hope to have the financial standing for them to become necessities. :D

Wilkey

My friend, I have no doubt in my mind that you'll achieve your goals. :thumbs:

Shawn