• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidification question

What was the average life span of the govee’s and how long have you had your current device?
The 2 I had probably lasted less than a year each. The ThermoPro is probably almost a year now? I’d have to look up the exact timeframe though. I mean they are all of the 20-30 dollar variety, so I’m not expecting much.

The 2 I had probably lasted less than a year each. The ThermoPro is probably almost a year now? I’d have to look up the exact timeframe though. I mean they are all of the 20-30 dollar variety, so I’m not expecting much.
The govee devices I bought were $15 each. I've never been able to accurately adjust the system provided with my aristocrat and it’s over ten years old, so bought three Hygrometer Thermometers. To test their accuracy I put each one in its own Tupperware with a 65% boveda and they were all within 1% of 65%. Due to trust issues, I’ve always supplemented the aristocrat system with beads so I’d like to see if that’s actually necessary. Hopefully they last longer than one year but time will tell. Thx

The govee devices I bought were $15 each. I've never been able to accurately adjust the system provided with my aristocrat and it’s over ten years old, so bought three Hygrometer Thermometers. To test their accuracy I put each one in its own Tupperware with a 65% boveda and they were all within 1% of 65%. Due to trust issues, I’ve always supplemented the aristocrat system with beads so I’d like to see if that’s actually necessary. Hopefully they last longer than one year but time will tell. Thx
Pretty much the same here. The RH on my Staebell controller and my hygrometers doesn't match. I'm currently running 2 SensorPush and a Govee in my tall cabinet. Salt tested them all, they work great and seem consistent. Got the cabinet running very well now. I've never had a Govee fail, but I did have a SensorPush that was DOA out of the box, quickly replaced by SensorPush.

I've got both, never had a failure, but I do replace the batteries every couple years or so. Can't imagine that makes a difference, but FWIW....

Weird I didn’t see this thread from 2 days ago but found it by searching on this exact topic. I just got the Friday the 13th spookies and randomly felt I should boost my bead redundancy (and had unexplainable terror all my cigars might silently die). What is the current best place/product for beads? The heartfelt ones I have in there now to backup the active system have got to be almost 20 years old now.

Did you get them, usps shows it was delivered. My wife’s idiot dog sent you his finest, all were 3 circle +…

Temp is staying right at 70, and 64% humidity, perfect. Will be going to the land of the beautiful (WalMart) today for a 120qt cooler, we just don’t have the room for a real humidor. Let me rephrase that, my wife says we don’t have room. 💩
I have been checking the mailbox every day, nothing!