• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

High flavor/low nicotine? And age/nicotine levels?

Mephiston, which Fuente ones do you mean? Thanks Augie754, some good stuff there, and Treamayne,

"It is notable that many strong cigars will advertise their use of the Ligero leaf, and for you that would be an instant "too strong" message. (eg: La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel) However, and here the FOGs can ring in, I have never seen a cigar that advertised use of the Volado leaf - though many will advertise or be reviewed as mild cigars."

Yes, I have have noticed some touting their use of Ligero leaf, but not of Volado. Perhaps advertising Volado just doesn't sound as appealing. But surely there are leaf blends (and also growing conditions and fermentation and curing times, etc. that affect them) that can still deliver richness and complexity of aroma and taste without a huge nicotine kick.

Thanks for the linkage. :D

skesh said:
"What is a good cigar that has some good taste, but less of a kick?"

Try an Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso. Lots of flavor, but very smooth. I'll bet it has a low nicotine level because there is no harshness at all.

DitchMasters said:
skesh said:
"What is a good cigar that has some good taste, but less of a kick?"

Try an Onyx Reserve Mini Belicoso. Lots of flavor, but very smooth. I'll bet it has a low nicotine level because there is no harshness at all.
[snapback]159255[/snapback]​

Ah, but how does it make you feel? Or is harshness, infact, indicative of nicotine content?

SFG75 said:
You'd better believe it!. I've read from several reliable sources that what makes your head spin and makes you feel sick to your stomach is improperly aged tobacco leaf. the root cause of this problem according to some, is that the tobacco is dragged out of it's "sleeping" stage/fermenting age too quickly and is used, resulting in a very unpleasant experience for the consumer on down the line.
[snapback]158227[/snapback]​

Randy and I are SO lucky we never seem to get the improperly aged ones. How do you get so lucky as to always get the improperly aged one in the box?? :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

gibu said:
SFG75 said:
You'd better believe it!.  I've read from several reliable sources that what makes your head spin and makes you feel sick to your stomach is improperly aged tobacco leaf.  the root cause of this problem according to some, is that the tobacco is dragged out of it's "sleeping" stage/fermenting age too quickly and is used, resulting in a very unpleasant experience for the consumer on down the line.
[snapback]158227[/snapback]​

Randy and I are SO lucky we never seem to get the improperly aged ones. How do you get so lucky as to always get the improperly aged one in the box?? :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:
[snapback]160322[/snapback]​

I don't know how else to explain it. ??? ??? The funny thing? A Las Cabrillas isn't even in the league of strength as Onyx and Joya, and I've had more than my fair share of those as of late(even tonight as a matter of fact.) I'm going to have to buy a box of the Gran Consul and bring 'em over some time. Let me know when you mouth breathers are ready. :p :p

Bring it on!! Anytime! :cool:

Just one or shall we have three in a row?? :whistling:

gibu said:

[snapback]160390[/snapback]​

Hey you two , its not fair starting a pissing contest with out me.
Im up for a smoke till you puke night. Heck Ill even supply the cigars :D

Randyb1 said:
gibu said:

[snapback]160416[/snapback]​

One after the other till someone blows!!! :thumbs: :p :p :p :p

gibu said:
Randyb1 said:
gibu said:
Bring it on!!  Anytime!    :cool:

Just one or shall we have three in a row??    :whistling:

[snapback]160416[/snapback]​

One after the other till someone blows!!! :thumbs: :p :p :p :p
[snapback]160418[/snapback]​
Hey Steve you might want to edit that to say "Till Scott Blows"
:whistling: :sign: :sign: :sign:

I leave cigar pass for two hours to watch the eagles game and you two clowns are having the time of your lives.......sure...do that without me. ;) ;) :p

I had a Montrecristo No. 4 a while ago, the first cigar I had. I paced myself, did it on a full stomach, and was fine. But still, I wonder, are there cigars (Cuban or otherwise), that offer excellent flavors, complexity, aroma, etc., but don't have the potential for a whallop of nicotine? Like I said, I was fine, I don't inhale, but I am curious...if such ones exist, what are they, in your experience?

I think the cigar you had is the problem. Are you actually worried about to much nicotine? Or you just want a cigar that does not have so much punch?

By the way every cigar you smoke has to be an espresso or a opus. ;)
Now lets see who gets sick first.

SFG75 said:
I leave cigar pass for two hours to watch the eagles game and you two clowns are having the time of your lives.......sure...do that without me. ;) ;) :p
[snapback]160439[/snapback]​
Do which without you?? The smoke till you blow event, or have fun while your watching the eagles??

By the way every cigar you smoke has to be an espresso or a opus.
Well do we want it to last a little while or not?? Once Scotts sick thats usually bed time for him. :p Perhaps we should begin with Helix naturals so we can get more then a fourth of the way through at least one stick. :laugh: :laugh: Perhaps even start with some Iguana Maddies if we really want to start out on the mild end. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

gibu said:
SFG75 said:
I leave cigar pass for two hours to watch the eagles game and you two clowns are having the time of your lives.......sure...do that without me. ;)  ;)  :p
[snapback]160439[/snapback]​
Do which without you?? The smoke till you blow event, or have fun while your watching the eagles??

By the way every cigar you smoke has to be an espresso or a opus. 
Well do we want it to last a little while or not?? Once Scotts sick thats usually bed time for him. :p Perhaps we should begin with Helix naturals so we can get more then a fourth of the way through at least one stick. :laugh: :laugh: Perhaps even start with some Iguana Maddies if we really want to start out on the mild end. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
[snapback]160486[/snapback]​

That sounds like a good idea Steve but where we ever be able to find the Iguanas.
Do you think people actually buy cigars like those :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I don't see why not. If theres people that actually like Macanudos then I'm sure there are people that actually shop at Thompsons as well. :0 :laugh:

That's it......I'm going to smoke both you guys out of Steve's house. Randy will start sweating profusely at the park and Steve will stumble over his couch out the door. ;) ;) That means I have to start training............a good excuse to smoke more at the legion. :D ;)

BTW-The old, bloated, mouth-breathing, bar-fly, run-down old hags at the legion don't like smoke from the Onyx. You fellas have given me a good reason to annoy them further. Speaking of, I'm almost out of those darn things. :(